View Poll Results: Who will still be standing

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Catholic Church

    15 15.79%
  • Southern Baptist Convention

    13 13.68%
  • United Methodist Church

    1 1.05%
  • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

    8 8.42%
  • None will be standing

    24 25.26%
  • One or more will still be standing

    7 7.37%
  • All four will be standing

    8 8.42%
  • The dust will never settle

    19 20.00%
Page 132 of 206 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2060

Thread: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743:1845; 2006]

  1. #1311
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Everybody needs to accept that davidtaylorjr regards the bible as solid, factual, indisputable evidence and a valid source for information.

    That speaks volumes in and of itself. In all my years of internet opining, I have yet to meet anybody, who believes this way that, willing to consider the fact that they could be just plain wrong about anything. It is futile.

    Myself, when I come across people that scoff at any science, facts, history, or evidence that is contrary to their biblical beliefs, all the while, believing in the impossible absurdities such as told in the bible, I just accept them for who they are and wish them a very pleasant day. That's all you can really do with them unless you want to escape in that fantasy world and sing Kumbaya.

    When I was in the navy I shared birthing with three guys that were deep into playing Dungeons and Dragons. They would go on and on and on about it. Sometimes even to the point of heated discussions. Myself, not knowing or caring about Dungeons and Dragons in the least, their conversations used to drive me up the wall. Especially after TAPS. This D&D world was real to them. But they were great shipmates and very good at their jobs.

    Moral: If someone chooses to become saturated in a world of make believe, it doesn't make them a bad person. It just makes them someone hard to reason with from a factual and logical standpoint. And when you get to that point with them, the best thing to do is smile and say, "Have an awesome day." Most likely, they are very good people even though their sense of reality may be somewhat impossible to wrap your head around.

    But better to have a peaceful, (albeit apparently delusional,) christian than a violent, as well as delusional, jihadist. It could be worse.
    I don't ignore science. I ignore ignorant theories. The Bible doesn't contain absurdities and has never been disproven. FACT.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  2. #1312
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,046

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Everybody needs to accept that davidtaylorjr regards the bible as solid, factual, indisputable evidence and a valid source for information.

    That speaks volumes in and of itself. In all my years of internet opining, I have yet to meet anybody, who believes this way that, willing to consider the fact that they could be just plain wrong about anything. It is futile.

    Myself, when I come across people that scoff at any science, facts, history, or evidence that is contrary to their biblical beliefs, all the while, believing in the impossible absurdities such as told in the bible, I just accept them for who they are and wish them a very pleasant day. That's all you can really do with them unless you want to escape in that fantasy world and sing Kumbaya.

    When I was in the navy I shared birthing with three guys that were deep into playing Dungeons and Dragons. They would go on and on and on about it. Sometimes even to the point of heated discussions. Myself, not knowing or caring about Dungeons and Dragons in the least, their conversations used to drive me up the wall. Especially after TAPS. This D&D world was real to them. But they were great shipmates and very good at their jobs.

    Moral: If someone chooses to become saturated in a world of make believe, it doesn't make them a bad person. It just makes them someone hard to reason with from a factual and logical standpoint. And when you get to that point with them, the best thing to do is smile and say, "Have an awesome day." Most likely, they are very good people even though their sense of reality may be somewhat impossible to wrap your head around.

    But better to have a peaceful, (albeit apparently delusional,) christian than a violent, as well as delusional, jihadist. It could be worse.
    Better to have a peaceful Muslim than a violent Christian. The peaceful bit is far more important than the belief system. Aside from that I agree with you
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  3. #1313
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,046

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    I don't ignore science. I ignore ignorant theories. The Bible doesn't contain absurdities and has never been disproven. FACT.
    You are right Genesis, the flood all this is factual
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  4. #1314
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    I don't ignore science. I ignore ignorant theories. The Bible doesn't contain absurdities and has never been disproven. FACT.
    Right.

    Have an awesome day.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #1315
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    You are right Genesis, the flood all this is factual
    Yes, they are.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  6. #1316
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    What was said is that homosexuality is a sin and they will not inherit heaven. That is what was said.
    Not in what I linked. And I linked those explaining the misreading s. well.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1317
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Right.

    Have an awesome day.
    Show me the indisputable proof. 100% indisputable proof.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  8. #1318
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Yes, they are.
    Likely not. More likely a parable.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1319
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not in what I linked. And I linked those explaining the misreading s. well.
    Unfortunately, they were wrong. Romans is pretty clear on the subject.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  10. #1320
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Likely not. More likely a parable.
    No, not true.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •