View Poll Results: Who will still be standing

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Catholic Church

    15 15.79%
  • Southern Baptist Convention

    13 13.68%
  • United Methodist Church

    1 1.05%
  • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

    8 8.42%
  • None will be standing

    24 25.26%
  • One or more will still be standing

    7 7.37%
  • All four will be standing

    8 8.42%
  • The dust will never settle

    19 20.00%
Page 121 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2060

Thread: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743:1845; 2006]

  1. #1201
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I'm Jewish. I reject Paul and hold nothing of what he says as relevant. I also use the translations of ancient Hebrew that shows that the Leviticus passages deal with Purity Laws, specifically regarding Pagan rituals, NOT non-ritualistic, consensual sexual activity nor non-sexual relationships. Tell me how you deal with that.
    What do you mean how I deal with that? The fact that you ignore Jesus as the Messiah and the New Testament?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  2. #1202
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, Boo is right... and I have posted a similar treatise several times over the past few years.

    And since Jude is in the NT, for me, Jude is irrelevant.
    Doesn't really matter if you think it is irrelevant......
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  3. #1203
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Actually, many have proven you wrong. Just because you refuse to accept it doesn't make it true.
    Just because they think they have proven me wrong, based on twisting scripture, doesn't mean they have. Nice try though.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  4. #1204
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No you wouldn't... you'd have to ACCEPT you were proven wrong. You won't do that even though you have been.

    Besides, this is not about proving you wrong, really. It is very rare that anyone accepts that their position is wrong. The purpose here, really, is to present your argument as well as possible and to refute your opponent's argument as well as possible. In this context, those opposing you have done the job quite well.
    Only in your opinion.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #1205
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Amazing, we a 1200 post, one-sided, anti-Christian thread about what RELIGION (Christianity being only one of them) will stand against the gay agenda. Who is going to speak up about the lack of discussion regarding Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Toaism and the other religions out there?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #1206
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Amazing, we a 1200 post, one-sided, anti-Christian thread about what RELIGION (Christianity being only one of them) will stand against the gay agenda. Who is going to speak up about the lack of discussion regarding Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Toaism and the other religions out there?
    They weren't on the list. A self professed Christian made the list. I don't think he sees himself, the Thad starter, as anti-Christian. Tough I suppose he could be a Poe or something.

    As for the rest, the same arguments apply. None of them should stand.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #1207
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Like I said, you have nothing and are blowing smoke.
    If you really believed that, you'd have been specific like he asked.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1208
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you really believed that, you'd have been specific like he asked.
    I was specific. I want his exegetical work on 1 Corinthians, Romans, and Galatians that prove that it isn't talking about homosexuality. He keeps side-stepping because he doesn't have it. Not even sure he knows what exegetical work is.....
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  9. #1209
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    They weren't on the list. A self professed Christian made the list. I don't think he sees himself, the Thad starter, as anti-Christian. Tough I suppose he could be a Poe or something.

    As for the rest, the same arguments apply. None of them should stand.
    So religions shouldn't take a stand for their beliefs?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  10. #1210
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    I was specific. I want his exegetical work on 1 Corinthians, Romans, and Galatians that prove that it isn't talking about homosexuality. He keeps side-stepping because he doesn't have it. Not even sure he knows what exegetical work is.....
    No, he asked for a specific verse. You cover too much ground for this format. If you want a paper, you need something linked and not typed here. I've already given you links.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •