View Poll Results: Who will still be standing

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Catholic Church

    15 15.79%
  • Southern Baptist Convention

    13 13.68%
  • United Methodist Church

    1 1.05%
  • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

    8 8.42%
  • None will be standing

    24 25.26%
  • One or more will still be standing

    7 7.37%
  • All four will be standing

    8 8.42%
  • The dust will never settle

    19 20.00%
Page 109 of 206 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2060

Thread: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743:1845; 2006]

  1. #1081
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harekin View Post
    Okay. I want to take another turn from here. Let's talk about the other argument within this case. What about love? Teaching of love for everyone. Why is this being shoved away?
    It's not.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  2. #1082
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    141

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    No actually, I don't. What I do neglect is people who try to spin what the Bible says in order to put me on a guilt trip and recant my statements.

    Example: People who cry that I am not following Jesus because Jesus loved everyone. That is an incorrect spin of what is being portrayed here. I do not hate people who practice homosexuality, I hate homosexuality. Big difference.
    What happens if someone says they hate Christianity. But not Christians. just their beliefs and way of life. It's the same thing!

  3. #1083
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    141

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    It absolutely is right to speak out against sin.
    You aren't God. Therefore should leave that up to him.

  4. #1084
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harekin View Post
    What happens if someone says they hate Christianity. But not Christians. just their beliefs and way of life. It's the same thing!
    No, it is not the same thing. I have several friends who hate Christianity but we get a long just fine, I also have friends who are homosexual, but they know I do not hate them personally. That's the part you don't seem to understand.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #1085
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    141

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Nobody has proven me wrong yet actually. The people who "have" have taken things out of context.
    Once again, it's only wrong because it disagrees with you.

  6. #1086
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harekin View Post
    You aren't God. Therefore should leave that up to him.
    Then I guess the apostles were wrong by speaking out against sin, the prophets were wrong by speaking out against sin..... What an invalid and illogical argument.....
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  7. #1087
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    141

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    I'm not sure what your point is, I did look up direct Biblical quotes, I didn't say it was about inhospitality....
    It said nothing about homosexuality either.

  8. #1088
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harekin View Post
    It said nothing about homosexuality either.
    That wasn't the argument of that post....
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  9. #1089
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    141

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    When I get proven wrong, without Scripture being twisted or taken out of context, I'll change my position.
    Will do.

  10. #1090
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    141

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    If you are talking about the word homosexual, you are correct since that ENGLISH word would not have existed in the Hebrew/Greek. However, the practice of homosexuality was defnitely defined and discussed in the Bible.
    But nothing is ever set in stone specific about it. It dances around the subject and still leads me in a way of saying that its against something that heterosexuals do too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •