View Poll Results: Who will still be standing

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Catholic Church

    15 15.79%
  • Southern Baptist Convention

    13 13.68%
  • United Methodist Church

    1 1.05%
  • Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

    8 8.42%
  • None will be standing

    24 25.26%
  • One or more will still be standing

    7 7.37%
  • All four will be standing

    8 8.42%
  • The dust will never settle

    19 20.00%
Page 103 of 206 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2060

Thread: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743:1845; 2006]

  1. #1021
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Twist it how you want, but you are not correct. You first said it was inhospitality, now you are saying it was sex with angels, male angels, which is it?

    You can try to twist Scripture to justify homosexuality but you fail every time.
    Yes, and that is one of the arguments. There are others. You asked for rebuttals, not my opinion. But it takes a lot of willing suspension of disblief to think Sodom and Gormorrah is about homosexuality, no matter what the alternative reading is.

    My point is simple. Something Jesus says nothing about, despite it being all around him, causes so much hate in some Christians that it defies logic. Seems to me, if Jesus is your role model, you wouldn't be saying anything, as he didn't, and instead living by his compassionate example.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1022
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, and that is one of the arguments. There are others. You asked for rebuttals, not my opinion. But it takes a lot of willing suspension of disblief to think Sodom and Gormorrah is about homosexuality, no matter what the alternative reading is.

    My point is simple. Something Jesus says nothing about, despite it being all around him, causes so much hate in some Christians that it defies logic. Seems to me, if Jesus is your role model, you wouldn't be saying anything, as he didn't, and instead living by his compassionate example.
    Not all of Jesus' words are in the Bible, however, Jesus DID speak out against sin. He did not condone it as you are trying to claim.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  3. #1023
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Not all of Jesus' words are in the Bible, however, Jesus DID speak out against sin. He did not condone it as you are trying to claim.
    You first must prove the sin. And this was a sin he saw daily. If it were as important as you suggest, where is his condemnation?

    Anyway, yet another reading of the text:

    Ironically, I believe that these anti-gay Christians actually have it backwards. The true sin of the Sodomites as described in the Bible has nothing to do with same-sex acts per se. Rather, the ancient Sodomites were punished by God for far greater sins: for attempted gang rape, for mob violence, and for turning their backs on strangers and the needy who were in their midst. In other words, the real sin of Sodom was radical inhospitality. And, ironically, it is often anti-gay Christians who are most guilty of this sin today.

    Rev. Patrick S. Cheng, Ph.D.: What Was the Real Sin of Sodom?

    Notice what all that includes.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1024
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,046

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Answer the question.
    No where does Christ say homosexuality is bad. period. Though it is completely irrelevant as the bible is not the word of God and thus cannot be used in your argument. YOU FAIL
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  5. #1025
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Enought with the personal attacks, you don't know me.
    I know you by your works. And it appears as though you feel you are a prophet telling everybody what Jesus thinks. You are right I don't know you personally. You have repeatedly attacked me on a personal level. Now that I am calling you out for saying things that are incredibly ill informed you get defensive.

    Don't attack me personally if you don't wish to have the same done to you.

    Just to make it clear you attacked me by telling me that I am not Christian because i don't adhere to your false doctrine. I am Christian your doctrine is false.

  6. #1026
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    I know you by your works. And it appears as though you feel you are a prophet telling everybody what Jesus thinks. You are right I don't know you personally. You have repeatedly attacked me on a personal level. Now that I am calling you out for saying things that are incredibly ill informed you get defensive.

    Don't attack me personally if you don't wish to have the same done to you.

    Just to make it clear you attacked me by telling me that I am not Christian because i don't adhere to your false doctrine. I am Christian your doctrine is false.
    I did not attack you personally. I pointed out that the Bible says homosexuals who do not repent will not enter heaven.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  7. #1027
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Not all of Jesus' words are in the Bible, however, Jesus DID speak out against sin. He did not condone it as you are trying to claim.
    He never spoke against homosexuality. This is the false doctrine of several Christian entities.

  8. #1028
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    He never spoke against homosexuality. This is the false doctrine of several Christian entities.
    Jesus did not have to list every sin. That was not his purpose. It is not a false doctrine.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  9. #1029
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    141

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Those supporting gay activism are not true followers of Christ, therefore, they need to repent of their wickedness or be thrust to hell.
    When did you become God?

  10. #1030
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Which religion will stand its ground against the gay agenda? [W:743]

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    He never spoke against homosexuality. This is the false doctrine of several Christian entities.
    If you would like Jesus view on marriage though, you should look to Matthew 19. He taught one man, one woman.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •