View Poll Results: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder relavent

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    11 18.64%
  • no

    36 61.02%
  • maybe/other

    12 20.34%
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 251

Thread: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder relavent

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Scaring someone off can be legal tricky business. In Florida, you could in all likelihood shoot an intruder in your home many times legally and lethally. BUT, if you called the police saying "someone broke into my house, but he ran off after I fired a warning shot" - you had confessed to a felony with a mandatory 20 YEARS PRISON. Legally, you could have killed the intruder. But absolutely may never, ever fire "a warning shot."
    Hahah. That's quite bad.

  2. #212
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I agree because there is a difference between a minor and an adult, hence the terms "minor" and "adult." Minors are capable of rehabilitation because their minds are still young and pliable and shouldn't be charged as adults for that reason IMO. Also, minors are expected to be more easily manipulated than adults, another crucial difference that should be taken into consideration when sentencing a minor.

    I still believe they should be punished of course, but just differently than an adult who is expected to have higher critical thinking skills.
    And usually more experience in the Real World.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  3. #213
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    So you are just pro-birth...not pro-life..
    Straw Man argument, you apparently don't know what Pro-Life means.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  4. #214
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    it's not unusual for anti-abortion folks to care about the life of the pre-born and not the born ...
    The pre-born have done nothing wrong.

    The "born" who HAVE done something wrong, should be punished.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #215
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Sad, but true. I guess there are more people than I'd like to believe...that somehow find it easier to justify executing a 12 year old kid...than aborting a non-sentient 12 week old fetus. I'll never, ever understand the logic.

    Thanks, WD....
    Read above... its quite simple really.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #216
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    Wow Crue, or if you prefer, Mr. Cab, I see you're from Florida and recently not a lot has made sense there, so I'll give you a pass ... but, yes, right on all points ...
    Your right... not alot in Florida has made sense, ever since they allowed mob rule to bring a man to trial despite a police investigation and denied prosecution.

    And yes... you will claim the police didn't investigate, its only because you don't like the outcome of the investigation.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #217
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    O.K. CC, O.K. ...
    All you have to respond to that is an eyeroll?

    Please... tell us more of how you think criminals are more entitled to life than innocent babies......
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #218
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,489

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Read above... its quite simple really.
    READ BELOW....it's more than simple...and reality:

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Sad, but true. I guess there are more people than I'd like to believe...that somehow find it easier to justify executing a 12 year old kid...than aborting a non-sentient 12 week old fetus. I'll never, ever understand the logic.
    The unborn aren't capable of being innocent or guilty. You have to be engaged in interactions among the born to qualify for being guilty or innocent.

  9. #219
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,489

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Straw Man argument, you apparently don't know what Pro-Life means.
    I know exactly what Pro-life means...and since you believe in the right of authorities to execute a 12 year old kid....pro-life is what you're not. You strongly quality for Pro-Birth.

  10. #220
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    READ BELOW....it's more than simple...and reality:



    The unborn aren't capable of being innocent or guilty. You have to be engaged in interactions among the born to qualify for being guilty or innocent.
    Well there goes the "presumption of innocence" theory.......

    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •