View Poll Results: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder relavent

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    11 18.64%
  • no

    36 61.02%
  • maybe/other

    12 20.34%
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 251

Thread: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder relavent

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    it's not unusual for anti-abortion folks to care about the life of the pre-born and not the born ...
    Proof of that?

  2. #202
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    So you are just pro-birth...not pro-life..
    I never think the issue of the death penalty is relevant to the abortion issue. You know I am very extra pro-choice. However, I am pro-death penalty.

  3. #203
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,489

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    it's not unusual for anti-abortion folks to care about the life of the pre-born and not the born ...
    Sad, but true. I guess there are more people than I'd like to believe...that somehow find it easier to justify executing a 12 year old kid...than aborting a non-sentient 12 week old fetus. I'll never, ever understand the logic.

    Thanks, WD....

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Proof of that?
    cons, the most likely to be opposed to a woman's right to choose, are also the ones more likely to oppose taking care of people in need, the poor, cutting head start, cutting environmental protections, etc.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    cons, the most likely to be opposed to a woman's right to choose, are also the ones more likely to oppose taking care of people in need, the poor, cutting head start, cutting environmental protections, etc.
    Wow, try again. Wrong on all points.

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Wow, try again. Wrong on all points.
    Wow Crue, or if you prefer, Mr. Cab, I see you're from Florida and recently not a lot has made sense there, so I'll give you a pass ... but, yes, right on all points ...

  7. #207
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    I think I gave a bit of the wrong impression by saying shoot first and asking questions later. That's a bit extreme, and I suppose it depends, but I would definitely have a gun out and would attempt to either scare him off if he was trying to get in, or hold him there until the cops arrived if he has already broken in and entered.
    Scaring someone off can be legal tricky business. In Florida, you could in all likelihood shoot an intruder in your home many times legally and lethally. BUT, if you called the police saying "someone broke into my house, but he ran off after I fired a warning shot" - you had confessed to a felony with a mandatory 20 YEARS PRISON. Legally, you could have killed the intruder. But absolutely may never, ever fire "a warning shot."

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    Wow Crue, or if you prefer, Mr. Cab, I see you're from Florida and recently not a lot has made sense there, so I'll give you a pass ... but, yes, right on all points ...
    Dead criminals are scumbags that gave up thier rights as soon as they over step and commit crime.
    Un born children are innocent.
    Pretty clear concept.

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Scaring someone off can be legal tricky business. In Florida, you could in all likelihood shoot an intruder in your home many times legally and lethally. BUT, if you called the police saying "someone broke into my house, but he ran off after I fired a warning shot" - you had confessed to a felony with a mandatory 20 YEARS PRISON. Legally, you could have killed the intruder. But absolutely may never, ever fire "a warning shot."
    Thats right, because a warning shot is a neglegent act.

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Is the age of a dead burglar,assailant,armed robber, attempted rapist/murder rela

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Dead criminals are scumbags that gave up thier rights as soon as they over step and commit crime.
    Un born children are innocent.
    Pretty clear concept.
    O.K. CC, O.K. ...

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •