View Poll Results: Do you think the Founding Fathers would be disapointed in the US.

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    60 67.42%
  • No

    16 17.98%
  • Maybe

    13 14.61%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 131

Thread: 71% Of Americans Believe The Founding Fathers Would Be Disappointed At The USA

  1. #121
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 71% Of Americans Believe The Founding Fathers Would Be Disappointed At The USA

    Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    71% Of Americans Believe The Founding Fathers Would Be Disappointed At The Way The Nation Has Turned Out | Techdirt

    I would be among the 71%. If you look at us now and compare us to the past we have become a lazy, arrogant, and stupid people. And the goverment has done many things that are unconstitutional (ex secret laws). Do you think they would be dissaponted in us, and is so why?
    I don't know about our founding fathers but I am sure God Almighty is.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #122
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: 71% Of Americans Believe The Founding Fathers Would Be Disappointed At The USA

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    If that is true we still have the power to vote them out. I have never much thought about this but conservatives by nature have to be pessimist. Change sucks, yet the only constant is change.
    The people have the power but probably won't. When congress has a 90% reelection rate and approval rating of 15% percent you something is very wrong with the people.

    2012 reelection rate: 90 percent - POLITICO.com

    U.S. Congress Approval Remains Dismal

  3. #123
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: 71% Of Americans Believe The Founding Fathers Would Be Disappointed At The USA

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Then we agree, your argument is without intellectual foundation or meaning.
    Yes, we do agree --- your argument is without intellectual foundation or meaning, too.


    You've said your peace, I've said mine. Neither position is more valid.
    Just face it and call it a day unless you want to continue down the ad hom road you started along.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 07-19-13 at 01:22 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  4. #124
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: 71% Of Americans Believe The Founding Fathers Would Be Disappointed At The USA

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Yes, we do agree --- your argument is without intellectual foundation or meaning, too.
    I only made "my" argument to illustrate the foolish nonsense involved in yours. That both have fallen into the trash bin was my plan all along. Consider your argument soundly defeated, even by your own admission.

  5. #125
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: 71% Of Americans Believe The Founding Fathers Would Be Disappointed At The USA

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I only made "my" argument to illustrate the foolish nonsense involved in yours. That both have fallen into the trash bin was my plan all along. Consider your argument soundly defeated, even by your own admission.
    A legend in your own mind!
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  6. #126
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: 71% Of Americans Believe The Founding Fathers Would Be Disappointed At The USA

    Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    71% Of Americans Believe The Founding Fathers Would Be Disappointed At The Way The Nation Has Turned Out | Techdirt

    I would be among the 71%. If you look at us now and compare us to the past we have become a lazy, arrogant, and stupid people. And the goverment has done many things that are unconstitutional (ex secret laws). Do you think they would be dissaponted in us, and is so why?
    My guess is that they knew well the difference between ideals and the pragmatic necessities of policy making ... like on one side creating an emphasis on basic human rights and civil rights, but on the other side accepting or even embracing slavery.

    They'd think it's the same game they were playing, just different chiffres.

    If they'd be disappointed would depend on the question if they're really what people believe they were, or what they are ... and I guess they were not heroes, but just pragmatic politicians.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  7. #127
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: 71% Of Americans Believe The Founding Fathers Would Be Disappointed At The USA

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    A legend in your own mind!
    As long as you admit that your argument was race-baiting crap and devoid of any intellectual value, I'm happy.

  8. #128
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: 71% Of Americans Believe The Founding Fathers Would Be Disappointed At The USA

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    As long as you admit that your argument was race-baiting crap and devoid of any intellectual value, I'm happy.
    I didn't so I guess you're unhappy.

    You'll notice I didn't quote your insulting garbage the first time.

    As for intellectual value, may opinion is as good as yours. Are you admitting that your opinion of them changing has no intellectual value?
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 07-19-13 at 11:49 PM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  9. #129
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: 71% Of Americans Believe The Founding Fathers Would Be Disappointed At The USA

    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    I didn't so I guess you're unhappy.

    You'll notice I didn't quote your insulting garbage.
    You admitted that your "point"/argument was crap, more than once.

    Good day.

  10. #130
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: 71% Of Americans Believe The Founding Fathers Would Be Disappointed At The USA

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You admitted that your "point"/argument was crap, more than once.

    Good day.
    I didn't admit to race baiting because it wasn't. Quit being dense.


    My confirmation of your opinion of my argument was based on you confirming a likewise opinion of your argument. If that's the way you see it, then you have also admitted your argument is crap - more than once.

    Good day.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •