View Poll Results: Was confiscating feminine hygrene products acceptable in this case?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a liberal and I thini it is ok

    3 5.88%
  • I am a liberal and I think it was wrong

    9 17.65%
  • I am a conservative and I think it is acceptable

    10 19.61%
  • I am a conservative and think it is wrong

    3 5.88%
  • I am other and think it is ok

    9 17.65%
  • I am other and think it was wrong

    12 23.53%
  • Other/Do not know.

    5 9.80%
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 207

Thread: Was This Acceptable? [W:110]

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,953

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Feces have no expectation to be used in a healthy manner, but tampons do. Any protester or woman in general around would have been presumed to have thrown unused (important there as well) products at the legislature before the event. There is some discrimination that could have been employed here.
    It isn't so much about danger, no one will be hurt by having an unused tampon thrown at them. But it does disrupt things and is not appropriate for protesters. There is a legitimate reason for a woman to have tampons and pads on her, but I don't find it unreasonable for them to take them when entering the legislature and allowing them to use them outside. If they were planning on tossing them at the legislature and they had reason to believe that this was going to be done it's better that they confiscate.

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So lethal force is OK, but non-lethal force isn't?
    I said if there was reason to believe that they were going to shoot their guns or throw them at people they should be confiscated.

  2. #62
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,562

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    She would leave the room regardless, and in this case retrieve her property.
    And be humiliated in the process. No thanks.

  3. #63
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,562

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Nope.
    Well, you kinda are. I mean, the way your post read, it was like, "Well if they can bring tampons, we should be able to bring cameras, knives and guns. If one thing should be illegal, all should be illegal."

  4. #64
    Sage
    DDD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Republic of Dardania
    Last Seen
    05-06-17 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,173

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    The taking of women's rights to decide what they will do with offspring is moving ahead, is it not? This in M'erica, the land of "I do what I will with me for it is the land of the free." A place the castle doctrine is applied for homes but not it seems with peoples' bodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Stats come out and always show life getting better. News makes money in making you think its not.
    The Republic of Dardania is the proper name for: http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...ification.html

  5. #65
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I said if there was reason to believe that they were going to shoot their guns or throw them at people they should be confiscated.
    Maybe, but then we'd just have thread after thread about "infringing my rights."


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #66
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,645

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    It isn't so much about danger, no one will be hurt by having an unused tampon thrown at them. But it does disrupt things and is not appropriate for protesters. There is a legitimate reason for a woman to have tampons and pads on her, but I don't find it unreasonable for them to take them when entering the legislature and allowing them to use them outside. If they were planning on tossing them at the legislature and they had reason to believe that this was going to be done it's better that they confiscate.
    I am all for law and order, but I did not make an argument for danger. I made an argument that tampons themselves are expected to be on a woman's personal items and are to be used without the invasion of privacy. There is no need to escalate the insult to every woman that happens to be in the capital. The order was meant to include used products, not unused products. The legislature later rescinded the order at least in part due to the miscommunication. There is no need to defend it.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #67
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Well, you kinda are. I mean, the way your post read, it was like, "Well if they can bring tampons, we should be able to bring cameras, knives and guns. If one thing should be illegal, all should be illegal."
    You read wrong. I never claimed any of the above should be allowed, or that all should be treated as equals. The poster I was replying to cited the mere legality of the item as if that warranted its allowance (or so I thought), I expanded on that thought.

  8. #68
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Water bottles were confiscated, as were food and other objects that could be used to disrupt the proceedings and not usually considered to be dangerous. I'm not aware of the limitations placed upon the items they can legally confiscate. It seemed you were basing your argument upon the legality of the item, hence the curiosity.
    Those things should not have been confiscated either. The legality of the item is one factor, but not the only one.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,876

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    According to CNN, the DPS confiscated used feminine hygiene products as well as jars/bottles of paint, urine, and feces. Feminine hygiene products among items confiscated at Texas Capitol – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

  10. #70
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    According to CNN, the DPS confiscated used feminine hygiene products as well as jars/bottles of paint, urine, and feces. Feminine hygiene products among items confiscated at Texas Capitol – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
    And we know that police officers never lie!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •