View Poll Results: Was confiscating feminine hygrene products acceptable in this case?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a liberal and I thini it is ok

    3 5.88%
  • I am a liberal and I think it was wrong

    9 17.65%
  • I am a conservative and I think it is acceptable

    10 19.61%
  • I am a conservative and think it is wrong

    3 5.88%
  • I am other and think it is ok

    9 17.65%
  • I am other and think it was wrong

    12 23.53%
  • Other/Do not know.

    5 9.80%
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 207

Thread: Was This Acceptable? [W:110]

  1. #121
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,617

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Run directly to Godwin's law, do not pass go, do not collect $200.00.
    Screw Godwin and his law. Nazism is an excellent example of the point. It fits perfectly. Godwin and his so called law sucks.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #122
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,617

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Incorrect. I have no evidence that I'm willing to gather for you.



    Most of the Nazis were nationalists or brainwashed turds, just like other political parties. Look at the hatred spewed by partisan hacks, it's not so different.
    No evidence is no evidence.

    Not so different?!?!?!?!?!?!

    That is a truly amazing statement. The Nazis are not so different than other political parties who did not start a world war and were responsible for setting in motion the death of tens of millions of people.

    WOW!!!!! That is just incredible!!!!!
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #123
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    No evidence is no evidence.

    Not so different?!?!?!?!?!?!

    That is a truly amazing statement. The Nazis are not so different than other political parties who did not start a world war and were responsible for setting in motion the death of tens of millions of people.

    WOW!!!!! That is just incredible!!!!!
    Political demonization is political demonization. For some people, that's really their only political position - vile hatred of the 'other'.

  4. #124
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,617

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Political demonization is political demonization. For some people, that's really their only political position - vile hatred of the 'other'.
    First, there is nothing wrong with political demonization for those that deserve it. And perhaps you want to spare the Nazi's - but I will not.

    Second, what does that have to do with me disproving your point with actual examples from history?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #125
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    First, there is nothing wrong with political demonization for those that deserve it.
    No one deserves political demonization.

    And perhaps you want to spare the Nazi's - but I will not.
    Why do you rely on politics to condemn the Nazis?

    Second, what does that have to do with me disproving your point with actual examples from history?
    You didn't disprove anything. You Godwined and I handled it by pointing out the vile hatred of the 'other' spewed right here in America by partisan hacks.

  6. #126
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,586
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    If the rumor was out there that women were going to start pelting the legislature with their tampons and pads? I think they were justified. What's the big deal?
    First, do you know how much that stuff costs?? Second, what menstruating woman wants to be stuck in public without a fresh tampon. If it's a long meeting, there could have been a lot of butts showing bloody seepage.

    Third, and most important of all, they had no right to confiscate personal property. They were so worried about being pelted with a tampon but didn't have any fear of being pelted by a bullet when most of the people in the room sauntered in with firearms.

    This is flat loopy, and makes the legislators look like a bunch of woman-hating freakazoids.

  7. #127
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Screw Godwin and his law. Nazism is an excellent example of the point. It fits perfectly. Godwin and his so called law sucks.
    When demonization is all you have left, you have already lost the argument. You frequently turn to demonization.

  8. #128
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    First, there is nothing wrong with political demonization for those that deserve it. And perhaps you want to spare the Nazi's - but I will not.

    Second, what does that have to do with me disproving your point with actual examples from history?
    Insinuating veiled sympathy for Nazis. This is how one debates?

    Second, you havent proved that in this instance that they are deserving demonization, yet you have already reached for that tool.

  9. #129
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,617

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    When demonization is all you have left, you have already lost the argument. You frequently turn to demonization.
    So demonizing people like the Nazi's who deserve to be demonized somehow rubs you the wrong way it seems.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #130
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,617

    Re: Was This Acceptable?

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Insinuating veiled sympathy for Nazis. This is how one debates?

    Second, you havent proved that in this instance that they are deserving demonization, yet you have already reached for that tool.
    Well its either that or just your usual knee jerk impulse to nitpick because its me saying it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •