View Poll Results: If someone only molests young boys is he gay, a pedohile, or both

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gay

    1 1.18%
  • Pedophile

    47 55.29%
  • both

    37 43.53%
Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 450

Thread: If someone only molest young boys is he gay, a pedohile or both. [W:417]

  1. #111
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,567

    re: If someone only molest young boys is he gay, a pedohile or both. [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    This is incorrect. There is no correlation between the sex of the child that is molested and the sexual orientation of the molester. The vast majority of men who molest boys are heterosexuals. Plenty of research and statistics on this.
    I don't know, I think by the very definition of sexually molesting the same gender, regardless of age, will make you at a minimum bisexual.

    If it's a kid, he's also a pedophile.

    I'm not saying there's a correlation between homosexuality and pedophilia, but let's call a spade a spade. Sexual attraction to the same gender is homosexuality, regardless of the age.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  2. #112
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: If someone only molest young boys is he gay, a pedohile or both. [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I don't know, I think by the very definition of sexually molesting the same gender, regardless of age, will make you at a minimum bisexual.

    If it's a kid, he's also a pedophile.

    I'm not saying there's a correlation between homosexuality and pedophilia, but let's call a spade a spade. Sexual attraction to the same gender is homosexuality, regardless of the age.
    I'm definitely with Captain Courtesy on this, probably for a different reason. I think pedophilia is a sexual orientation in and of itself.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #113
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,567

    re: If someone only molest young boys is he gay, a pedohile or both. [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I'm definitely with Captain Courtesy on this, probably for a different reason. I think pedophilia is a sexual orientation in and of itself.
    The person described in the scenario only likes boys. If he attacked both genders, I could see your point, but he doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  4. #114
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    re: If someone only molest young boys is he gay, a pedohile or both. [W:417]

    Yeah...I know the whole "Rape is about power" thing, but I always feel that as is the case with MANY things regarding rape that it's over exaggerated to a ridiculous degree. Rape is such an emotional thing that at times nuance is rejected in favor of absolutism because it's easier to deal with emotionally. Yes, rape is about power...but there's a reason why, when we speak about rape commited by a male against an adult or older minor, there's more instances of it being against women than men if both sexes are equally available. Because a majority of men are straight, and as such if they're going to exert that "power" over someone it's going to be over someone they also will find sexually appealing to some degree.

    A straight guy may engage in raping a male in prison because there is little actual choice of anything else. However, a straight guy in a normal situation is unlikely in my mind to rape a guy for "power" because there's an active repulision to the notion of "getting off". And even when it comes to the "power" of the rape, that power is something that gets them off. If you want to say that's seperate than sexual enjoyment than so be it, but it's still there from my view.

  5. #115
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    re: If someone only molest young boys is he gay, a pedohile or both. [W:417]

    With just this much information I would say by definition both. But I merely posted to keep up with where NP takes it. Funny how much some people think about this huh?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    re: If someone only molest young boys is he gay, a pedohile or both. [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Your source misrepresents data and presents inaccurate definitions. .
    Which dictionary should we use ?

    All I was pointing out, Redress should have used someone else as a reliable source than Dr. Herek. It's like having Senator Feinstein giving a class on the nomenclature of the M-16 rifle.

    Herek studies are more than bias but have a radical political agenda. Herek is a leftist hate monger. His job is to indocernate young adults that same sex sodomy just isn't fun and safe but completely normal. Herek believes that heterosexuals are mentally sick and abnormal. He even goes as far as playing the race card. Herek still hasn't recovered that back in 2008 that just as many blacks in California voted for Prop 8 as there were who voted for Obama. It's probably because most blacks couldn't afford to attend UC Davis to be indocernated by Dr. Merek.

  7. #117
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    re: If someone only molest young boys is he gay, a pedohile or both. [W:417]

    Experts on the subject will tell you that pedophiles that molest young boys are not necessarily gay. In fact, the majority of them are not.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #118
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,314
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: If someone only molest young boys is he gay, a pedohile or both. [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    Which dictionary should we use ?

    All I was pointing out, Redress should have used someone else as a reliable source than Dr. Herek. It's like having Senator Feinstein giving a class on the nomenclature of the M-16 rifle.

    Herek studies are more than bias but have a radical political agenda. Herek is a leftist hate monger. His job is to indocernate young adults that same sex sodomy just isn't fun and safe but completely normal. Herek believes that heterosexuals are mentally sick and abnormal. He even goes as far as playing the race card. Herek still hasn't recovered that back in 2008 that just as many blacks in California voted for Prop 8 as there were who voted for Obama. It's probably because most blacks couldn't afford to attend UC Davis to be indocernated by Dr. Merek.
    Why would you use a dictionary for a psychological term and not use the psychological definition? Using a standard dictionary would be less precise.

    You realize you neither refuted nor even actually addressed the studies in my source? You realize that trying to counter a source for bias with a new biased source is stupid and doomed to failure?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #119
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    re: If someone only molest young boys is he gay, a pedohile or both. [W:417]

    I said that because if a guy has some sort of sex with another guy, by definition it is homosexual sex. Just like if your girlfriend is a party bi...oooops got off track there for a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Experts on the subject will tell you that pedophiles that molest young boys are not necessarily gay. In fact, the majority of them are not.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #120
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    re: If someone only molest young boys is he gay, a pedohile or both. [W:417]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You've made this argument in COUNTLESS threads. I should know. I'm the one who corrects you each and every time.
    Threads on similar topics maybe but never asking this question.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •