View Poll Results: See above.

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • The conspiratorial view

    2 5.88%
  • The progressive view

    19 55.88%
  • The perspectivist view

    11 32.35%
  • The economic view

    2 5.88%
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 234

Thread: What is most responsible for Christianity's failure in the West?

  1. #61
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 09:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is most responsible for Christianity's failure in the West?

    I don't really like the words "Most Responsible" because it assumes that the most obvious influence would be as effective as it is in the absence of the other causes. The dynamic feedback of the several causes makes this difficult to untangle.

    I think it is options 2, 3 and 4.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  2. #62
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    92,033

    Re: What is most responsible for Christianity's failure in the West?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    We can't go down the road where we ask ourselves "Who are the Christians amongst us ?" because that's where things get really ugly.....................
    But, it's ok to go down the road where we ask, "who are the politically correct among is?". yes?

    You're is a bigoted mindset the likes of which the Ku Klux Klowns represents.

    Before you say, "nuh-uh! liar, liar pants on fire!", don't forget this thread--this bigoted thread--targets Christianity and not religion as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: What is most responsible for Christianity's failure in the West?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, it's ok to go down the road where we ask, "who are the politically correct among is?". yes?

    You're is a bigoted mindset the likes of which the Ku Klux Klowns represents.

    Before you say, "nuh-uh! liar, liar pants on fire!", don't forget this thread--this bigoted thread--targets Christianity and not religion as a whole.


    Christians are reaping exactly what they have sown.......................

  4. #64
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    92,033

    Re: What is most responsible for Christianity's failure in the West?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    Christians are reaping exactly what they have sown.......................
    Never mind other religions. Right?

    Nevermind the historical fact that Christians have sown much less than the other religions. Right?

    The historical ignorance that breeds hatred for Christianity isn't at all surprising. It's the usual historical ignorance that Libbos display.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  5. #65
    1/1024th Correct
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    With the rest of the Russian Bots
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,434

    Re: What is most responsible for Christianity's failure in the West?

    IMO as science progresses fewer and fewer things could be attributed to a deity. The god of the gaps has been marginalized, there is no more reason to believe in him.
    Your group identity doesn't matter - Beliefs should be based on evidence - Socialism is responsible for over 200 million deaths
    Censorship, misrepresentations, straw men, incivility and violence are the tools of cowards who do not or cannot truly support their position.

  6. #66
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-12-18 @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,350

    Re: What is most responsible for Christianity's failure in the West?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, it's ok to go down the road where we ask, "who are the politically correct among is?". yes?

    You're is a bigoted mindset the likes of which the Ku Klux Klowns represents.

    Before you say, "nuh-uh! liar, liar pants on fire!", don't forget this thread--this bigoted thread--targets Christianity and not religion as a whole.
    You mean the christian organization. Ku Klux Klan
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  7. #67
    Educator HumanBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    09-13-18 @ 04:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    761

    Re: What is most responsible for Christianity's failure in the West?

    Quote Originally Posted by Einzige View Post
    small group of secularizing elites promoting atheism and amorality
    Wait a minute, I thought this was about the fall of Christianity. What does "promoting amorality" have to do with anything? Are you saying that any morals other than Christian morals simply aren't morals at all?

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: What is most responsible for Christianity's failure in the West?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Never mind other religions. Right?

    Nevermind the historical fact that Christians have sown much less than the other religions. Right?

    The historical ignorance that breeds hatred for Christianity isn't at all surprising. It's the usual historical ignorance that Libbos display.


    Wrong,. Don't get me started on Islam and Judaism.....................

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: What is most responsible for Christianity's failure in the West?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    Wrong,. Don't get me started on Islam and Judaism.....................


    Correction: Eeeeeslaaaaam......................

  10. #70
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    92,033

    Re: What is most responsible for Christianity's failure in the West?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    Wrong,. Don't get me started on Islam and Judaism.....................
    Well, git after it, then. Why is this thread about Christianity and not about religion, as a whole?

    The answer: because religionists, like all Libbos only go after groups that aren't protected by political correctness. Hence, the stupidity of Liberalism, in general.

    It blows me away how rational thinking people can go along with political correctness.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •