View Poll Results: Where is President Obama's greatest weakness?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Economy

    16 29.09%
  • Federal Deficit

    10 18.18%
  • Healthcare

    8 14.55%
  • Ethical/Moral/Family decline

    2 3.64%
  • Immigration

    1 1.82%
  • Education

    5 9.09%
  • Guns

    3 5.45%
  • Welfare

    0 0%
  • Poverty

    2 3.64%
  • Can we start a George Bush thread? I'm really good at that!

    8 14.55%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 154

Thread: Where is President Obama's greatest weakness?

  1. #31
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Where is President Obama's greatest weakness?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I disagree that Obama is not intellegent, he has plenty of education and fully understands what is going on. What Obama lacks, as you also noted, is executive experience (if that is what you meant by being competent) - the ability to organize the efforts of others to meet a simply stated goal. Using PPACA as an example, even though it is often called ObamaCare, it is not at all what Obama would like; other than adding much more gov't control over the existing mess it does not replace anything (not even any existing gov't programs like Medicare, Medicaid or the VA medical system).

    Edit: This is a reply to post #10, I meant to use reply with quote.
    Firstly, being well educated is not necessarily a sign of intelligence - it is a sign of being able to master the art of performing for academics in the manner in which they wish to be stroked.

    Secondly, I would challenge greatly that Obama fully understands what's going on. He is clueless on the economy, clueless on foreign affairs, and clueless on the art of the possible in politics. The man has such an over inflated opinion of himself that he is incapable of listening to those who might actually know something that could help him govern.

    Thirdly, not only does he lack executive experience, he more importantly lacks executive expertise. It's like turning over a company you worked to create and build all you life to your spoiled only child - he's entitled, but he hasn't the foggiest idea how to actually run the place and in no time it falls off a cliff. You might have had more success electing one of the Kardashians - equally as high profile, yet experienced in running a successful business and making things happen. And to think, the man is in his early 50s and your country is going to be paying through the nose the better part of another 50 years to keep him safe and cater to him because he's sure to demand his perks.

    Finally, most importantly by competence, I meant he's not a leader. He moves no one to his goals or policy positions. On the foreign relations files, can anyone name even one success the man has lead from start to finish with accomplishment? At home, what domestic policy successes does he have? You can say Obamacare, but in truth that is the brainchild of the Democrat Congress, with precious little help or leadership from Obama but he rushed in at the end when the deal was done to claim ownership.

    You just have to look at the two main issues that arose at the start of his second term - gun control and immigration reform - there was a push in the country, a grassroots push, to perhaps do something significant about access to guns and the types of guns and ammunition available, however, Obama's involvement cratered the support because he doesn't know how to work a compromise, to lead by the power of his convictions, to convince people of the rightness of his goals. Likewise, with immigration reform - the Senate was working behind the scenes on a reform package and having bipartisan success and were about to announce their outline of a plan and Obama, ever the roadblock, had to have a White House announcement on the subject the day before the Senate announcement, and that set the process back months and likely killed it.

    The man holds the highest office in America, and for that matter the world, and that office is to be respected. But the man holding that position is a disgrace to that office, in my view, and it does no good to brush off his failures - they are serious and they have set back your country's recovery and prosperity by many years if not decades.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #32
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Where is President Obama's greatest weakness?

    His endrorcine system most likely.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #33
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,664

    Re: Where is President Obama's greatest weakness?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Firstly, being well educated is not necessarily a sign of intelligence - it is a sign of being able to master the art of performing for academics in the manner in which they wish to be stroked.

    Secondly, I would challenge greatly that Obama fully understands what's going on. He is clueless on the economy, clueless on foreign affairs, and clueless on the art of the possible in politics. The man has such an over inflated opinion of himself that he is incapable of listening to those who might actually know something that could help him govern.

    Thirdly, not only does he lack executive experience, he more importantly lacks executive expertise. It's like turning over a company you worked to create and build all you life to your spoiled only child - he's entitled, but he hasn't the foggiest idea how to actually run the place and in no time it falls off a cliff. You might have had more success electing one of the Kardashians - equally as high profile, yet experienced in running a successful business and making things happen. And to think, the man is in his early 50s and your country is going to be paying through the nose the better part of another 50 years to keep him safe and cater to him because he's sure to demand his perks.

    Finally, most importantly by competence, I meant he's not a leader. He moves no one to his goals or policy positions. On the foreign relations files, can anyone name even one success the man has lead from start to finish with accomplishment? At home, what domestic policy successes does he have? You can say Obamacare, but in truth that is the brainchild of the Democrat Congress, with precious little help or leadership from Obama but he rushed in at the end when the deal was done to claim ownership.

    You just have to look at the two main issues that arose at the start of his second term - gun control and immigration reform - there was a push in the country, a grassroots push, to perhaps do something significant about access to guns and the types of guns and ammunition available, however, Obama's involvement cratered the support because he doesn't know how to work a compromise, to lead by the power of his convictions, to convince people of the rightness of his goals. Likewise, with immigration reform - the Senate was working behind the scenes on a reform package and having bipartisan success and were about to announce their outline of a plan and Obama, ever the roadblock, had to have a White House announcement on the subject the day before the Senate announcement, and that set the process back months and likely killed it.

    The man holds the highest office in America, and for that matter the world, and that office is to be respected. But the man holding that position is a disgrace to that office, in my view, and it does no good to brush off his failures - they are serious and they have set back your country's recovery and prosperity by many years if not decades.
    I wholey agree that Obama is a poor leader, simply a good speaker that plays up (panders to?) enough folks to get elected. Obama basically identifies his oppostiion as "enemies", declares himself a savior and then turns his attention to slay the next dragon (that he creates). Obama is a big gov't liberal that firmly believes in income redistribution (social justice?) yet lacks any means of making that happen - congress critters, of both parties, depend heavily on campaign cash and will never cease to pander to those that provide it. As long as the regulated are needed to fund the regulators, real change will not occur in DC no matter who resides in the White House.

    Where we disagree is that Obama does not grasp that reality. Obama knows, fully well, that his desired "big changes" are not possible without single party rule, thus his real mission is to try to make that happen. Obama is quite content to make promises, knowing full well that he can't deliver on them, but then tries to present the the cause (reason?), for that failure to deliver, because the "bad guys" (the opposition party members) are stopping him. Obama is, indeed, forever in campaign mode, but that is not indicitive of a lack of intellegence - just the lack of any clue of how to be an effective executive.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #34
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,213

    Re: Where is President Obama's greatest weakness?

    He's devious and he has abused the trust of the american people.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,873

    Re: Where is President Obama's greatest weakness?

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    Sound a little bitter there... No president EVER has gotten away with ANYTHING
    I'm not bitter at all. Heck, I got over that when Clinton won the second time.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  6. #36
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,873

    Re: Where is President Obama's greatest weakness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    If you want lies, spin and propaganda, watch Fox News....
    Yeah, yeah...problem is, my dear, Fox News isn't the President and Fox News isn't Obama.

    You DO know this thread is about President Obama...right?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  7. #37
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,882
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where is President Obama's greatest weakness?

    In the bedroom.

    Oh you mean with Politics?
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Where is President Obama's greatest weakness?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    I didn't find one for me up there. I almost voted Ethical/Moral/Family decline, but it seems you're talking more about "family values" stuff, which isn't what I have in mind.

    My answer would be he has no respect for personal rights or for the service nature of his position.
    Yeah, I was talking about the "family values" stuff. The boring stuff that enablers and shepherds of poverty can't stand.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:26 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,559

    Re: Where is President Obama's greatest weakness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dooble View Post
    Yeah, I was talking about the "family values" stuff. The boring stuff that enablers and shepherds of poverty can't stand.
    How in the hell does the POTUS effect family values to the point that you think that's his greatest weakness????? I'm just baffled beyond belief.

    I'd never ever ever look to the POTUS for that kind of guidance.

    Besides, as far as I can tell, Obama has been a decent father and husband and in no way presents himself as NOT being family oriented.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Where is President Obama's greatest weakness?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    How in the hell does the POTUS effect family values to the point that you think that's his greatest weakness????? I'm just baffled beyond belief.
    Don't be. Family values is at the very heart of the Right. With Obama's flip-flop on the gay marriage issue, that tells me his family is more of a prop than it is anything else. If having a complete family ever became politically unacceptable for that office, you can bet he'd drop Michelle like a bad habit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I'd never ever ever look to the POTUS for that kind of guidance.
    I don't believe you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Besides, as far as I can tell, Obama has been a decent father and husband and in no way presents himself as NOT being family oriented.
    Of course he's a decent father as far as you can tell. He's a decent father as far as anyone can tell, because he has a bazillion resources to ensure that he maintains that image. The truth is, you don't know Barack Obama from Adam, so we really don't know what kind of father he is. We do know that he's a flip-flopper on the gay marriage issue, though.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •