View Poll Results: Do you agree?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 57.14%
  • No, Whites are the most racist

    8 8.79%
  • No, They are the same

    12 13.19%
  • I Don't Know

    19 20.88%
Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 567

Thread: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

  1. #501
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    What 18 year old black kid experienced institutional racism? This is the **** I am talking about. Think about it for a second....... He didn't experience it..... Thus its just as much a place for the old "sticks and stones" as any other ignorant ass word.

    The rest.... because you said so.... .and because some statistics had conclusions drawn from them with no evidence.

    Correlation does not equal causation.
    not getting a job, because of his race, getting your head slammed to the floor just for walking somewhere .... living in a neighborhood that's been neglected for decades, and so on.

  2. #502
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    A black person's dollar has always been as valuable as a white person's dollar.

    But in job discrimination, police brutality, all sorts of areas, the institutional racism lingers.

    It's inevitable really, after so many decades of institutional racism, that it would continue, the old institutional racism left millions in poverty, that leads to stereotypes which leads to more racism which makes it harder to escape that poverty and so on.
    And yet black and white people escape poverty often enough.

    The fact that thousands of poor family blacks are moving out of poverty proves that the lack of success is personal, not institutional.
    Same can be said for poor whites I reckon.


    Anyhow... institutional racism depends on the institution...... I know of a particular police department that has gone through 3 sets of recruitment staff in 3 years because they refuse to continue to ignore ****ty backgrounds on the request of a chief who wants to make sure more blacks are hired regardless of the regulations......

    Example: CMPD Chief: Mistakes Made Hiring Accused Officer | www.wsoctv.com
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #503
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And yet black and white people escape poverty often enough.

    The fact that thousands of poor family blacks are moving out of poverty proves that the lack of success is personal, not institutional.
    Same can be said for poor whites I reckon.

    Anyhow... institutional racism depends on the institution...... I know of a particular police department that has gone through 3 sets of recruitment staff in 3 years because they refuse to continue to ignore ****ty backgrounds on the request of a chief who wants to make sure more blacks are hired regardless of the regulations......

    Example: CMPD Chief: Mistakes Made Hiring Accused Officer | www.wsoctv.com
    That isn't the case at all, just because many poor black families can escape poverty DISPITE instituional racism (at a much lower rate, and blacks move back into poverty from the middle class at a much faster rate), doesn't disprove institutional racism, any more than a successfully black buisiness man in the south during segregation means that segregation had no effect.

    As far as that specific example, I can find tons of counter examples, we have to look at the larger picture.

  4. #504
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    That isn't the case at all, just because many poor black families can escape poverty DISPITE instituional racism (at a much lower rate, and blacks move back into poverty from the middle class at a much faster rate), doesn't disprove institutional racism, any more than a successfully black buisiness man in the south during segregation means that segregation had no effect.

    As far as that specific example, I can find tons of counter examples, we have to look at the larger picture.
    And just how many of those not escaping do you think were held back completely by racism? With sufficient determination, obstacles can be overcome.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  5. #505
    Sage
    RGacky3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    08-25-15 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,570

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    And just how many of those not escaping do you think were held back completely by racism? With sufficient determination, obstacles can be overcome.
    Yeah, but that doesn't mean those obstacles should be there, or we should just ignore them ...

  6. #506
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    Yeah, but that doesn't mean those obstacles should be there, or we should just ignore them ...
    I never said that. My point is not to make excuses. Are you going to give me an estimate on how many were overcome by so much racism that they couldn't set high goals and succeed if they actually gave it their best?
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  7. #507
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Which is why "Class-ism" if you will.... not RACISM.... is the problem in society.
    I agree that "classism" is a significant problem in our society, but the intense racism of the past is why there is such a disproportionate percentage of minorities who are in the subjugated class than the percentage of whites in that class.

    This is why so many people who are minorities in the subjugated class see it as racism. They look around and they primarily see other minorities like them dealing with the problems that they face, while the people they encounter who do not face those problems are primarily white people. This is why people can't just "get over it". They are still feeling it's effects today, even if things have improved, the cumulative effects of 400 years of systematic oppression are still evident. As I said earlier, 400 years of systematic oppression does not heal in a mere 40 odd years. It just can't.

    think of it on smaller terms, rather than systemically. If someone beat you viciously every single day for 20 years, and suddenly they stopped beating you every day, do you think you'd be peachy ****ing keen just two years after the beatings stopped? Highly doubtful. You'd still be feeling the effects of those 20 years of beatings. It probably wouldn't be made right within your entire lifetime. And the effects of those beatings would trickle down to your children as well, because you'd probably continue reacting to them throughout your entire life even well after they stopped (presumably some serious anger). The beatings would have helped create the person you are. So your kids might have some righteous anger at the person who beat you. They'd have dealt with the effects of it themselves, which would in turn help define who they are, and that would then affect their children.

    Overall, the effects would continue to get smaller over time, but each generation is still affected by the events that occurred in your life in some way shape or form.

    Now magnify the **** out of that to an entire group of people who were subjected to similar treatment. How much would you trust the police in general if you knew that just 50 years before it was commonplace for people of your skin tone to be falsely imprisoned and even killed by police for no other reason that your skin tone? Maybe it happened to your own grandfather or great uncle. Maybe it was a friend of yours who had a grandfather who was killed/imprisoned/beaten. Let's ay you are living in that environment where you can't trust white people in uniforms to look out for you, what the **** are you going to teach your kids? I know I'd have taught my kids to run the other way as fast as they ****ing can when a badge came walking down the street if I was living in the Jim Crow era.

    And there are still remnants of this going on today. They aren't common, but they are given a ****load of press time making them seem more common than they really are. Certainly enough to continually reinforce the basic survival skill taught to an entire group of people during the Jim Crow days.

    In order to create the environment that will allow people to "get over it" we need to stop reinforcing the cultural survival skills learned in the days of systematic oppression. This doesn't mean excusing ****ty behavior, it means not engaging in ****ty behavior or excusing ****ty behavior. Look at the Rodney King thing. An objective observer would say "Regardless of what Rondey was doing, if five or six pussy ass cops need to beat him with night sticks to stop him, they are not fit for the ****ing badge. They are a disgrace to it." Instead, we had (and still have) cops who defend the pussy cops actions. If anything, the cops should have been the most pissed off about their colleagues actions because their actions make all cops look like cowardly bitches who aren't fit for the badge. Instead, those pussies got off and the thin blue line reinforced the idea that black people cannot and should not trust cops.

    That's not 50 years ago, it's 20 years ago and less than 30 years after the era of it not being all that uncommon to hear about the lynching of black people coming to an "end" (meaning a 30-something year old at the time of th erodney king beating could easily have been the child of a dude who got lynched by racists). That's a reinforced lack of trust in the police right there. The parents of children form that time were people who were directly exposed to such blatant, systemic racism in some way. A 30 year old black person at that time was pretty much guaranteed to teach his/her kids not to trust the cops. Those kids could be what, 20, 25 now?

    Add in the noticeable effects of classism and the effects of racism of the past on the demographics of today and then imagine yourself in their position. I know I wouldn't be "over it" if I was in their shoes. I certainly do not expect others to do what I know I could not.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #508
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I agree that "classism" is a significant problem in our society, but the intense racism of the past is why there is such a disproportionate percentage of minorities who are in the subjugated class than the percentage of whites in that class.
    Which is something we will never make up for. So why focus on it? Im not focused on what happened in the past, there is nothing you, or I, or anyone else can do about it to change it. Society itself has changed much... albeit unfortunately it has changed in the way of trying to give minorities special hand ups, putting others in a disadvantageous position, and thus breeding more resentment towards minorities. Which is why I disagree with giving minorities special treatment in any way shape or form.


    This is why so many people who are minorities in the subjugated class see it as racism. They look around and they primarily see other minorities like them dealing with the problems that they face, while the people they encounter who do not face those problems are primarily white people. This is why people can't just "get over it".
    They see what they want to see.
    Just like I see minorities getting picked for big positions due to their race.
    They are still feeling it's effects today, even if things have improved, the cumulative effects of 400 years of systematic oppression are still evident. As I said earlier, 400 years of systematic oppression does not heal in a mere 40 odd years. It just can't.
    It obviously can if so many have had the power to overcome it. Stop acting like a victim and you'll stop being one.


    think of it on smaller terms, rather than systemically. If someone beat you viciously every single day for 20 years, and suddenly they stopped beating you every day, do you think you'd be peachy ****ing keen just two years after the beatings stopped? Highly doubtful.
    No. But blacks of my generation didn't experience that metaphorical "beating" that you speak of at all. So its time to move forward.

    And the effects of those beatings would trickle down to your children as well, because you'd probably continue reacting to them throughout your entire life even well after they stopped (presumably some serious anger). The beatings would have helped create the person you are. So your kids might have some righteous anger at the person who beat you. They'd have dealt with the effects of it themselves, which would in turn help define who they are, and that would then affect their children.
    And that is their problem. Just like the resentment caused by government programs and practices that are created to give a "hand up" to minorities based just on their race will continue to the children of those who are maligned because of it.


    Overall, the effects would continue to get smaller over time, but each generation is still affected by the events that occurred in your life in some way shape or form.

    Now magnify the **** out of that to an entire group of people who were subjected to similar treatment. How much would you trust the police in general if you knew that just 50 years before it was commonplace for people of your skin tone to be falsely imprisoned and even killed by police for no other reason that your skin tone? Maybe it happened to your own grandfather or great uncle. Maybe it was a friend of yours who had a grandfather who was killed/imprisoned/beaten. Let's ay you are living in that environment where you can't trust white people in uniforms to look out for you, what the **** are you going to teach your kids? I know I'd have taught my kids to run the other way as fast as they ****ing can when a badge came walking down the street if I was living in the Jim Crow era.
    That attitude isn't limited to minorities. Whites don't trust police just as often as blacks don't. It has something to do with the attitude of at least the youngest two generations who don't think they should bear the responsibility of their actions.
    It is just worse with SOME minorities because they believe they have a card to play in that game.

    Not to say that all law enforcement today are righteous either.



    In order to create the environment that will allow people to "get over it" we need to stop reinforcing the cultural survival skills learned in the days of systematic oppression. This doesn't mean excusing ****ty behavior, it means not engaging in ****ty behavior or excusing ****ty behavior. Look at the Rodney King thing. An objective observer would say "Regardless of what Rondey was doing, if five or six pussy ass cops need to beat him with night sticks to stop him, they are not fit for the ****ing badge. They are a disgrace to it." Instead, we had (and still have) cops who defend the pussy cops actions. If anything, the cops should have been the most pissed off about their colleagues actions because their actions make all cops look like cowardly bitches who aren't fit for the badge. Instead, those pussies got off and the thin blue line reinforced the idea that black people cannot and should not trust cops.
    I don't understand the details on HOW or WHY they got off on the charges so I can't comment to it.



    Add in the noticeable effects of classism and the effects of racism of the past on the demographics of today and then imagine yourself in their position. I know I wouldn't be "over it" if I was in their shoes. I certainly do not expect others to do what I know I could not.
    You know the best way to "get over it"???
    Forget history..... judge society yourself based on your own experiences, and when **** doesn't go right for you... remember that **** doesn't go right for every white person either, stop blaming your race.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #509
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    No. But blacks of my generation didn't experience that metaphorical "beating" that you speak of at all. So its time to move forward.
    Yes they did and do. It's the cause of the economic disparity between races. They are poor in general because of those beatings.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #510
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Yes they did and do. It's the cause of the economic disparity between races. They are poor in general because of those beatings.
    Yet some of their black peers are not......

    Seems to me they are poor in general for the same reasons my family is poor in general.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •