View Poll Results: Do you agree?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 57.14%
  • No, Whites are the most racist

    8 8.79%
  • No, They are the same

    12 13.19%
  • I Don't Know

    19 20.88%
Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 567

Thread: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

  1. #481
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    They had gun regulations in the old west, too. A lot of towns required you to turn in your guns at the sheriffs office before entering town and you could pick em up on your way out.
    that was a local ordinance. cities have the right to pass laws as long as it didn't violate the state constitution or preemption laws.



  2. #482
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that was a local ordinance. cities have the right to pass laws as long as it didn't violate the state constitution or preemption laws.
    You mean like in Chicago or DC?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #483
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I know you'll disagree, but I look at it with mathematical logic. It's better to have one innocent wrongfully convicted than to let a murderer go free and they kill more than one innocent life, because it's a smaller loss. Of course, practically speaking, with the forensic science, technological surveillance and other improvements, the chances of getting wrongfully convicted of a major felony are diminishing. Those released for wrongful conviction were typically convicted prior to things like quality DNA matching.
    As long as you're not the innocent.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #484
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that was a local ordinance. cities have the right to pass laws as long as it didn't violate the state constitution or preemption laws.
    Quite right,...so a lot of towns and cities passed gun control laws which helped to reduce gun violence and crime and hardly anyone ever mentioned anything about second amendment rights in those days...nary a peep.

    Wyatt Earp is famous for trying to enforce gun regulations.....

    And one fact is usually ignored: Back then, Tombstone had far stricter gun control than it does today. In fact, the American West's most infamous gun battle erupted when the marshal tried to enforce a local ordinance that barred carrying firearms in public. A judge had fined one of the victims $25 earlier that day for packing a pistol.

    "You could wear your gun into town, but you had to check it at the sheriff's office or the Grand Hotel, and you couldn't pick it up again until you were leaving town," said Bob Boze Bell, executive editor of True West Magazine, which celebrates the Old West. "It was an effort to control the violence."...read.....

    Gun laws were tougher in old Tombstone - Los Angeles Times

  5. #485
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Quite right,...so a lot of towns and cities passed gun control laws which helped to reduce gun violence and crime and hardly anyone ever mentioned anything about second amendment rights in those days...nary a peep.

    Wyatt Earp is famous for trying to enforce gun regulations.....

    And one fact is usually ignored: Back then, Tombstone had far stricter gun control than it does today. In fact, the American West's most infamous gun battle erupted when the marshal tried to enforce a local ordinance that barred carrying firearms in public. A judge had fined one of the victims $25 earlier that day for packing a pistol.

    "You could wear your gun into town, but you had to check it at the sheriff's office or the Grand Hotel, and you couldn't pick it up again until you were leaving town," said Bob Boze Bell, executive editor of True West Magazine, which celebrates the Old West. "It was an effort to control the violence."...read.....

    Gun laws were tougher in old Tombstone - Los Angeles Times
    that's the hollywood version. Earp and his brothers were one gang, the guys who lost were another. and you cannot prove your silly claim that it actually made anyplace safer. The gang that ran things didn't want armed competition.



  6. #486
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Thats irrelevant since there hasn't been any public executions in the US in my lifetime at least not that I'm aware of. But no, I wouldn't take them because I probably wouldn't go myself.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  7. #487
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,315

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    After the Civil War and all during reconstruction there was a lot of crime and more often than not, the public sympathized more with the criminals, than they did the law.
    I'm not sure what your point is, but it doesn't change the fact of what I've already posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #488
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    This is my thing. I see a lot of people (read: white people) in this thread and others talking about how it's time to "move on" or how racial tension needs to be decreased. And yet, none of their behavior facilitates moving on or decreasing tension. Telling black people to "get over it" or dismissing their perspectives as "race baiting" does nothing to help anybody "move forward" and it escalates, rather than weakens, racial tension. With that in mind, the people whose priority is "moving forward" and decreasing racial tension should examine their own behavior and do whatever they can to accomplish those goals. Otherwise, it just comes across as people wanting blacks to shut up and take it.
    The only reason people still play the race card is because they know if they use it, they'll get their way. Take away race card privilege, and the problem will eventually correct itself.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  9. #489
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I'm not sure what your point is, but it doesn't change the fact of what I've already posted.
    You didn't post any facts, only assertions.

  10. #490
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's the hollywood version. Earp and his brothers were one gang, the guys who lost were another. and you cannot prove your silly claim that it actually made anyplace safer. The gang that ran things didn't want armed competition.
    Maybe, but maybe not.

    But the gun reforms made Australia a safer place, with fewer homicides and suicides, and both Howard and Fischer are now urging U.S. President Barack Obama to take his gun control campaign to the people, just as they did, to gain a consensus.

    "I knew that I had to use the authority of my office to curb the possession and use of the type of weapons that killed 35 innocent people. I also knew it wouldn't be easy," Howard wrote in the New York Times earlier this year.

    "Penalizing decent, law-abiding citizens because of the criminal behavior of others seemed unfair...I understood their misgivings. Yet I felt there was no alternative," wrote Howard, adding he hoped his example would contribute constructively to the U.S. gun debate.

    Australia's gun controls a political template for the U.S. | Reuters



    Things aren't as clear as either side wants to make it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •