View Poll Results: Do you agree?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 57.14%
  • No, Whites are the most racist

    8 8.79%
  • No, They are the same

    12 13.19%
  • I Don't Know

    19 20.88%
Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 567

Thread: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

  1. #471
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    06-03-18 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Etoner View Post
    That only works if you convicted the right person.
    I know you'll disagree, but I look at it with mathematical logic. It's better to have one innocent wrongfully convicted than to let a murderer go free and they kill more than one innocent life, because it's a smaller loss. Of course, practically speaking, with the forensic science, technological surveillance and other improvements, the chances of getting wrongfully convicted of a major felony are diminishing. Those released for wrongful conviction were typically convicted prior to things like quality DNA matching.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  2. #472
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,628

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Crime rates were a helluva lot lower then, too.
    They had gun regulations in the old west, too. A lot of towns required you to turn in your guns at the sheriffs office before entering town and you could pick em up on your way out.

  3. #473
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,765

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Make the death penalty hinge on DNA evidence, then. Simple.
    Are you kidding me? A person can execute 20 folks in front of witnesses, but so long as no DNA transfer exists then no DP option? Bullets and bombs rarely leave DNA trace evidence. Do we have any DNA evidence for KSM?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #474
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    92,062

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    They had gun regulations in the old west, too. A lot of towns required you to turn in your guns at the sheriffs office before entering town and you could pick em up on your way out.
    No, only a few. That's more Hollywood than history.

    Fact is, with more people totin' guns and public executions, the crime rate was significantly lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    You people are my problem. You’re a major component of what’s wrong with this country.

  5. #475
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    92,062

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Are you kidding me? A person can execute 20 folks in front of witnesses, but so long as no DNA transfer exists then no DP option? Bullets and bombs rarely leave DNA trace evidence. Do we have any DNA evidence for KSM?
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    You people are my problem. You’re a major component of what’s wrong with this country.

  6. #476
    Rock and a hard place
    GottaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Miles to go before I sleep
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,528

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    MK...lol
    MK? English please?
    Quoted from Kreton:
    Showing an ID to vote is a very very simple thing to do. Every American should have an ID. Not just for voting but for virtually every aspect of life. If the GOP is trying to use IDs to keep democrats from voting the simple solution is to help people get IDs.

  7. #477
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,628

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Etoner View Post
    I would fully support the death penalty if it wasn't for all those poor souls on Death Row or in prison for life who have been found not guilty by the Innocence Project.

    One man being executed for a murder he did not commit is too many.
    I think the more the courts start relying on DNA evidence the less we'll see of innocent people on death row...or at least I hope so. I don't like the death penalty but I understand why some of the victim's families often do.

  8. #478
    Sage

    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,628

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, only a few. That's more Hollywood than history.

    Fact is, with more people totin' guns and public executions, the crime rate was significantly lower.
    After the Civil War and all during reconstruction there was a lot of crime and more often than not, the public sympathized more with the criminals, than they did the law.

  9. #479
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    07-09-13 @ 09:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    255

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I know you'll disagree, but I look at it with mathematical logic. It's better to have one innocent wrongfully convicted than to let a murderer go free and they kill more than one innocent life, because it's a smaller loss. Of course, practically speaking, with the forensic science, technological surveillance and other improvements, the chances of getting wrongfully convicted of a major felony are diminishing. Those released for wrongful conviction were typically convicted prior to things like quality DNA matching.
    No one is talking about letting murderers go free. We're talking about life in prison.

    As long as we keep finding people not guilty of murder decades after their conviction, the Death Penalty will be morally suspect.

  10. #480
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    195,639

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Ask Turtle, but I'm fine with all violent felons suffering that fate.
    I have no problem with people shooting violent felons in the act of attacking innocents. If you are an illegal (crime one) you commit a felony (Crime two) and then are deported and come back (crime three) yeah waste them. They obviously didn't learn the first or second time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Yeah; a shotgun IS a rifle; it uses a different load.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I'm smart on the gun issue and what we need to do about it.

Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •