View Poll Results: Do you agree?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 57.14%
  • No, Whites are the most racist

    8 8.79%
  • No, They are the same

    12 13.19%
  • I Don't Know

    19 20.88%
Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 567

Thread: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

  1. #371
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    This is my thing. I see a lot of people (read: white people) in this thread and others talking about how it's time to "move on" or how racial tension needs to be decreased. And yet, none of their behavior facilitates moving on or decreasing tension. Telling black people to "get over it" or dismissing their perspectives as "race baiting" does nothing to help anybody "move forward" and it escalates, rather than weakens, racial tension. With that in mind, the people whose priority is "moving forward" and decreasing racial tension should examine their own behavior and do whatever they can to accomplish those goals. Otherwise, it just comes across as people wanting blacks to shut up and take it.



    This is the kind of counter-productive behavior that I was thinking about when i made the post.



    There are lots of people who love to say: "Get over it."

    The problem is that most of them still haven't 'got over it'
    Those same old racist, Jim Crow ideas are still rattling around in their brains.

    I hope that some of us alive today live to see the day when most Americans have really "got over it.

    I do believe that we are moving in that direction, against a fair amount of opposition put up by those who would like to take the USA back to the "good old days."
    Last edited by shrubnose; 07-06-13 at 02:25 PM.

  2. #372
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    This is the kind of counter-productive behavior that I was thinking about when i made the post.



    There are lots of people who love to say: "Get over it."

    The problem is that most of them still haven't 'got over it'
    Those same old racist, Jim Crow ideas are still rattling around in their brains.

    I hope that some of us alive today live to see the day when most Americans have really "got over it.

    I do believe that we are moving in that direction, against a fair amount of opposition put up by those who would like to take the USA back to the "good old days."
    I think it will take quite a few more generations before everyone truly "gets over it" and I agree that we are moving towards that place. It's just something that cannot be forced. Anybody whose ever had a relationship with another human being knows that telling someone to "get over" something is going to have the exact opposite affect. People want to feel like they are being heard and taken seriously. When they are so harshly dismissed, they develop resentment. I guess the ironic thing is that in telling people to "get over it", you delay their willingness and ability to do so.

  3. #373
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Any other race besides Caucasian is given a pass for racism because as we all now white men have oppressed every other race on earth.

  4. #374
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I think it will take quite a few more generations before everyone truly "gets over it" and I agree that we are moving towards that place. It's just something that cannot be forced. Anybody whose ever had a relationship with another human being knows that telling someone to "get over" something is going to have the exact opposite affect. People want to feel like they are being heard and taken seriously. When they are so harshly dismissed, they develop resentment. I guess the ironic thing is that in telling people to "get over it", you delay their willingness and ability to do so.



    Right, it's going to be a slow, gradual thing, it's not going to come like a nation-wide all-encompassing epiphany where everyone links arms and sings "Kumba yah".

    But I do firmly believe that day is coming, I may not see it, but it will happen because there are way more good people than bad in this world.

  5. #375
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Any other race besides Caucasian is given a pass for racism because as we all now white men have oppressed every other race on earth.



    Whatever.

  6. #376
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Whatever.
    Seriously, when does the race card expire?
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  7. #377
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Seriously, when does the race card expire?
    When people stop seeing a race card in everything?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #378
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,748

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    NRO?

    So you found someone with as skewed an opinion as you. Congrats. But that don't make it so. Just means your not the only one whining. Nothing more.

    You still haven't supported you claim of illegals voting.
    I never said they vote YET

    you don't read what I write.



  9. #379
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    "Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Seriously, when does the race card expire?
    Ask Rass.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #380
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Seriously, when does the race card expire?
    It won't..it's their ticket for a free ride...

Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •