View Poll Results: Do you agree?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 57.14%
  • No, Whites are the most racist

    8 8.79%
  • No, They are the same

    12 13.19%
  • I Don't Know

    19 20.88%
Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 567

Thread: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

  1. #331
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Don't give a **** about historical context.
    That's obvious. You couldn't possibly care about historical context given that you appear to think the bad stuff towards black people happened 400 years ago, rather than still being very real a mere 40 years ago or so in many places. And there was no magic wand that was waved which made the world so much better instantaneously in 1964 after the CRA was passed.

    How long will ****ty behavior be excused due to a past that none of those acting ****ty lived through?
    Who said anything about excusing ****ty behavior?

    Time to move.... FORWARD!
    People who say this don't want to move forward so much as they want everyone to forget the past. 400 years of systematic oppression cannot be fixed overnight. It took more than 100 years to get from owning people to passing a law that said the government cannot actively treat people like **** simply because they are black.

    Somehow, during those 400 years or so of systematic oppression, a great many black people learned to not trust white people for some bizarre reason. During the Jim Crow era they learned that the police don't protect and serve black people nearly as much as they protect and serve whites. Are things different now? Sure. But trust is earned, and it ain't going to come overnight. And you know what makes it harder to move forward? A bunch of pissed off crackers saying stupid **** like "Get over it". That doesn't do anything to move us forward, in fact, it does the exact opposite.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #332
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    That's obvious. You couldn't possibly care about historical context given that you appear to think the bad stuff towards black people happened 400 years ago, rather than still being very real a mere 40 years ago or so in many places. And there was no magic wand that was waved which made the world so much better instantaneously in 1964 after the CRA was passed.



    Who said anything about excusing ****ty behavior?



    People who say this don't want to move forward so much as they want everyone to forget the past. 400 years of systematic oppression cannot be fixed overnight. It took more than 100 years to get from owning people to passing a law that said the government cannot actively treat people like **** simply because they are black.

    Somehow, during those 400 years or so of systematic oppression, a great many black people learned to not trust white people for some bizarre reason. During the Jim Crow era they learned that the police don't protect and serve black people nearly as much as they protect and serve whites. Are things different now? Sure. But trust is earned, and it ain't going to come overnight. And you know what makes it harder to move forward? A bunch of pissed off crackers saying stupid **** like "Get over it". That doesn't do anything to move us forward, in fact, it does the exact opposite.
    No need to use racial slurs to get your point across.....
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #333
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    No need to use racial slurs to get your point across.....
    I wasn't using it as a racial slur so much as using it to draw a historical comparison based on the etymology of the word "cracker" as a term for white people..
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #334
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by HoongLoong View Post
    Please excuse me for emphasizing the obvious. However the obvious is not obvious to the black racists and their enablers the liberals hence the emphasis.
    So you're saying that it's only obvious to white conservative voters? Really? Perhaps that why the GOP especially in the southern states are trying so hard to suppress black voters.

  5. #335
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I wasn't using it as a racial slur so much as using it to draw a historical comparison based on the etymology of the word "cracker" as a term for white people..
    Whatever you say........
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #336
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    So you're saying that it's only obvious to white conservative voters? Really? Perhaps that why the GOP especially in the southern states are trying so hard to suppress black voters.
    Who is trying to suppress black votes?


    And more importantly.... what is the basis of this opinion?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Who is trying to suppress black votes?
    Conservatives.


    And more importantly.... what is the basis of this opinion?
    What I read and see in the news....

    "...Conservatives have valiantly tried to assert that voter ID laws, trimming the early voting days and even eliminating early voting on Sundays was a prudent and practical decision that had nothing to do with black, Hispanic and young voters, or anyone else.

    But anyone with half a brain could see that the GOP was desperate to upend the coalition that proved so pivotal to Obama in 2008. All over the country GOP-led legislatures and governors rushed to pass voter ID laws, only to see federal courts reject a number of them that clearly weren't thought through properly.

    In Ohio, the voter suppression tactics were outrageous. After public pressure mounted to stop the practice of extending early voting in GOP-leaning counties and cutting them in Democratic-leaning counties, Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted had no choice but to equalize early voting periods.

    Such decisions, frankly, ticked off black activists, politicians, and civil rights groups to the point their voter registration campaigns went into overdrive. I talked to officials in multiple states, and the anger could be heard in their voices. Social media played a role as every new voter suppression effort was exposed, setting off a litany of complaints.

    In Florida, Republicans stopped allowing early voting on the Sunday before Election Day, with no explanation as to why. In 2008, black churches marched a massive number of congregants to the polls, led by their slogan, "Souls to the Polls." The GOP clearly didn't want to see that happen again.

    Obstacles like these rekindled the feeling among many African-Americans of the tactics enacted during the civil rights movement to keep blacks from voting. So pastors, deacons and laymen pushed and prodded their members to cast absentee ballots, and pushed hard for their members to stand in lines that during the early voting period can last as long as eight hours.

    In Ohio, activists hit the salons, barbershops, recreation centers and churches to rally voters to do their civic duty. Black radio stations were enlisted in the battle to protect the sanctity of the ballot.

    Even when the networks were calling the election for President Obama on Tuesday, Florida residents were still standing in line to vote, some places in the rain, doing their part to push back.

    According to NAACP president and CEO Ben Jealous, the organization registered 432,000 voters, a 350% increase over 2008....read

    GOP voter suppression fueled black turnout - CNN.com

  8. #338
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    What I read and see in the news....

    "...Conservatives have valiantly tried to assert that voter ID laws, trimming the early voting days and even eliminating early voting on Sundays was a prudent and practical decision that had nothing to do with black, Hispanic and young voters, or anyone else.

    But anyone with half a brain could see that the GOP was desperate to upend the coalition that proved so pivotal to Obama in 2008. All over the country GOP-led legislatures and governors rushed to pass voter ID laws, only to see federal courts reject a number of them that clearly weren't thought through properly.

    In Ohio, the voter suppression tactics were outrageous. After public pressure mounted to stop the practice of extending early voting in GOP-leaning counties and cutting them in Democratic-leaning counties, Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted had no choice but to equalize early voting periods.

    Such decisions, frankly, ticked off black activists, politicians, and civil rights groups to the point their voter registration campaigns went into overdrive. I talked to officials in multiple states, and the anger could be heard in their voices. Social media played a role as every new voter suppression effort was exposed, setting off a litany of complaints.

    In Florida, Republicans stopped allowing early voting on the Sunday before Election Day, with no explanation as to why. In 2008, black churches marched a massive number of congregants to the polls, led by their slogan, "Souls to the Polls." The GOP clearly didn't want to see that happen again.

    Obstacles like these rekindled the feeling among many African-Americans of the tactics enacted during the civil rights movement to keep blacks from voting. So pastors, deacons and laymen pushed and prodded their members to cast absentee ballots, and pushed hard for their members to stand in lines that during the early voting period can last as long as eight hours.

    In Ohio, activists hit the salons, barbershops, recreation centers and churches to rally voters to do their civic duty. Black radio stations were enlisted in the battle to protect the sanctity of the ballot.

    Even when the networks were calling the election for President Obama on Tuesday, Florida residents were still standing in line to vote, some places in the rain, doing their part to push back.

    According to NAACP president and CEO Ben Jealous, the organization registered 432,000 voters, a 350% increase over 2008....read

    GOP voter suppression fueled black turnout - CNN.com
    So you have no evidence.

    Just actions taken, and assumptions as to why those actions were made with no reasoning to get you to the conclusion of racist voter suppression.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #339
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    there is much truth in that though I find more of the blame with the unconditional handouts
    Either way, the government "Dad has to go" policies have wreaked havoc on black families leading to all kinds of problems from high crime effecting everybody, black, white, green, purple; to low educational achievement to an epidemic of out of wedlock births, you name it. I'm of the opinion that if Dad was allowed to stay, although the handouts were possibly ill advised, today they wouldn't be anywhere near as needed as the Dad can't be in the family rules have only compounded, made cyclical and perpetual the poverty conditions in ways that are difficult to undo even though the aggressive driving Dad out anti-fraud measures have ended because now generations have grown up without a father around and is the new normal.

    IMHO, one of the biggest potential solutions to undoing the harmful effects on driving fathers away from their families is role-modeling. I'm sure little boys and girls across the country long to have a dad and see what kind of families they hope to have when they grow up even if only from a distance when they see the President. As much as I'm not a huge fan of many of President Obama's liberal policies, I do see the benefit he's having on being a good example of a family man who stayed in school and got a good education, is devoted to his wife and kids and made something of his life. The fact is many inner-city kids have had few effective role models outside of hip-hop, pro sports and sadly criminal enterprise entrepreneurs with whom they can uniquely identify. I think conservatives look like complete jerks for criticizing him for things like bringing his kids on international trips, taking his wife out to dinner or spending time with his family. There's a lot of stuff we can criticize President Obama over; being a good family man shouldn't be one of them and when we do we lose huge chunks of credibility...again. Its like we couldn't give an F about polices, his or ours; we just hate his guts on a personal level and will condemn him for everything including things we claim to support.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  10. #340
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So you have no evidence.

    Just actions taken, and assumptions as to why those actions were made with no reasoning to get you to the conclusion of racist voter suppression.
    "Actions taken" is pretty good evidence not to mention the court rulings that went with some of those "actions taken".....


    "...In issuing their 56-page opinion Thursday, the judges wrote that the Texas law likely would have a "retrogressive effect" on the ability of minority voters to cast ballots and said the "implicit costs" of obtaining necessary ID "will fall most heavily on the poor." The three-judge panel also noted that a disproportionately high percentage of African Americans and Hispanics in Texas live in poverty...."
    Texas voter ID law struck down by federal judges


    "....A judge has stopped Pennsylvania’s voter identification law, one of the most restrictive in the country, from going into effect on Election Day. Are voter ID laws racist? These laws disproportionately impact Blacks and Latinos, as well as elderly Americans and people with disabilities.

    Many observers have said these laws are the 21st century version of Jim Crow. There is a likelihood the Supreme Court eventually will rule on the legality of these laws, which now exist in some form in 30 states and have become more prevalent in the last two years in states with Republican-dominated legislatures....read..."
    ‘Racist’ Pennsylvania Voter ID Law Struck Down - DiversityInc


    "...Missouri Secretary of State Robin Carnahan said the judge’s ruling is a “victory for voters’ rights.”
    The proposed amendment had the potential to disenfranchise hundreds of thousands of Missouri voters, she said.
    “The Missouri Constitution protects the fundamental right of eligible voters to have their voices heard. It defies common sense to weaken those rights,” Carnahan said....read...."
    Court strikes down proposed Missouri voter ID amendment - KansasCity.com


    "WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court ruled Monday that states cannot require would-be voters to prove they are U.S. citizens before using a federal registration system designed to make signing up easier.

    The justices voted 7-2 to throw out Arizona’s voter-approved requirement that prospective voters document their U.S. citizenship in order to use a registration form produced under the federal “Motor Voter” voter registration law....read..."
    Proof-of-Citizenship Voter Law Struck Down by Supreme Court — and Guess Who Voted with the Majority | TheBlaze.com

Page 34 of 57 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •