View Poll Results: Do you agree?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 57.14%
  • No, Whites are the most racist

    8 8.79%
  • No, They are the same

    12 13.19%
  • I Don't Know

    19 20.88%
Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 567

Thread: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

  1. #291
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    California is a large part of the rest of America. You don't have to take my word just ask other Californians. I happen to be in the transportation industry, and where I live (Bakersfield area lower central valley) ag and oil are the big industries. You don't get an ag job around here if you are not Hispanic. You want one you better own the farm. That's the way it is. Construction is almost to that point. That's more a price point thing though, still its much more difficult for other races to get jobs in those industries.
    I bet that's not Hispanics exercising power, but other factors.

     Hispanics made up more than two-thirds (67.9 percent) of California’s agricultural labor force, but only one-third (33.5 percent) of the state’s nonagricultural labor force in 2008.
     Nearly all (95.2 percent) of California’s Hispanic agricultural workers identified Mexico as their country of origin. This compares to 82.0 percent of the Hispanic nonagricultural workforce.
     In 2006, the most recent year for which CPS spoken language data are available, nearly half (49.4 percent) of California’s agricultural workforce identified Spanish as their only spoken language. In contrast, less than one out of every ten (9.3 percent) nonagricultural workers spoke only Spanish.
     In 2008, Asians made up 12.6 percent of California’s nonagricultural labor force, but only 1.3 percent of the agricultural workforce. Blacks made up 6.1 percent of workers in the nonagricultural workforce, but only 1.0 percent of agricultural workers.
     Agricultural workers tended to be less educated than nonagricultural workers. In 2008, nearly three-fifths (56.4 percent) of agricultural workers had not completed high school, compared to 14.5 percent of nonagricultural workers. In contrast, over three-fifths (62.9 percent) of nonagricultural workers had attended at least some college after high school, and one-third had attained a bachelor’s degree or higher. Among agricultural workers, one-quarter (25.4 percent) had attended at least some college after high school and only one out of every nine (11.1 percent) had attained a bachelor’s degree or higher.

    (Snip)

    In 2008, nearly half (48.6 percent) of California’s agricultural workers reported annual family income of less than $35,000. One out of every eight agricultural workers reported annual family income of less than $15,000. In contrast, a little over one out of every five (21.0 percent) nonagricultural workers reported annual family income of less than $35,000, and only about one in 20 (5.6 percent) reported annual family inco

    (Snip)

    Foreign-born noncitizen agricultural workers reported the lowest annual family income of any citizenship group, while native-born U.S. workers reported the highest. Foreign-born naturalized citizens tended to occupy the middle ground.

    http://www.calmis.ca.gov/file/agric/ca-ag-profile.pdf

    So, this actually supports what I'm saying.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #292
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Lol @ 200 people.
    Over 400 people actually. Most polls only sample 300 to 500 people.

  3. #293
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You say, "MANY" southern schools still have two proms..

    Can you name me more than... one?


    And... just because there is deep seated resentment doesn't mean we have to put up with it. Its time to move..... FORWARD!


    Is it only one now? That was because of the kids themselves as the parents were still against it...my whole point being the mindset of certain communities...I would research that only one, but its 1:41 AM.....Its hard for some people to move forward if they are stuck in the ghetto without a way to get out....Maybe if they would pass Obama's job bill, a few more 'could get out and move forward.....

  4. #294
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    Is it only one now? That was because of the kids themselves as the parents were still against it...my whole point being the mindset of certain communities...I would research that only one, but its 1:41 AM.....Its hard for some people to move forward if they are stuck in the ghetto without a way to get out....Maybe if they would pass Obama's job bill, a few more 'could get out and move forward.....
    You stated MANY southern schools..... I asked for more than ONE school... not more than one prom.

    I know of the particular you are talking about....... that doesn't make it MANY SCHOOLS.


    Also.... moving forward with their ability to think about white people depends on them getting a job? I know that is not correct, please tell me that is not correct.
    BTW: Moving forward in this particular discussion means not accepting deep seated resentment of white people based on a history that most didn't experience.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #295
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Here's the problem with your argument. It boils down to "black people need to hurry up and get over the past at the pace that I approve of." That's ridiculous. Historically, groups who have been seriously oppressed hold on to resentment for generations, particularly when the people in their own generation try to shame them for feeling such resentment. The fact is, you don't get to tell black people that slavery doesn't mean much because it was a long time ago. You don't get to tell black people how they should perceive racism. That you and others think you have a better handle on how black people should feel about how racism - current and historical - impacts them is a huge part of the problem in race relations today. People have been questioning black people's feelings on racism forever. To continue to do that and not simply say, "I get it" and stop there continues the problem.
    Your right, I don't get to tell them how they feel. However, I and the rest of the country are under no obligation to continue cater to them either. This includes offending them and tolerating their stupidity. They have the right to their feelings no matter how inane or stupid they are. Blacks in this country have more opportunity in this country than ANY other, that's fact. If they are for the most part to dumb to realize it its not my problem. They have more access per capita for their race, then other races including whites to government help and jobs and the like. They have 17% of government jobs verses 13% of their population. There is no government or institutional racism, and hasn't been for some time. If anything the government and institutions are slanted in their favor. If they are too stupid to realize that, not my problem. The only reason racism is alive and well is because more than a few whites and others are pushovers and pussies and don't stand up for themselves. Case in point Paula Deen. I have stopped tip toeing around Negros for sometime now. If they want to be offended at what I say too damn bad. They don't like what I got to say they don't have to listen, because its takes 2 for speech to actually occur, otherwise the air passing between mine or your lips is nothing more then a fart in the wind. Easily offended people are nothing more than puppets to be played. Negros seem to like being played.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  6. #296
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    07-19-14 @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,109

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So you mean Blacks vote for Democrats.........

    Have you visited this planet lately ???

    YES !!!! Blacks vote for the Democtratic Party OVERWHELMINGLY .....IN EVERY ELECTION !!!

  7. #297
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I think some people are stuck on the arguments of 3 decades ago.

    I'd like to know of a business in today's society who would say NO to money because of someone's race....

    Thats what I thought.
    The article also mentioned that "reverse redlining occurs when a lender or insurer targets minority consumers, not to deny them loans or insurance, but rather to charge them more than could be charged to a comparable majority consumer whose business is more sought after."

    As you can see from the article below it wasn't just thirty years ago...


    Wells Fargo Settles for $175M Over Steering Blacks and Latinos to Subprime Loans - COLORLINES

    "...The Department of Justice today filed the second largest fair lending settlement in the department’s history to resolve allegations that Wells Fargo Bank, the largest residential home mortgage originator in the United States, engaged in a pattern or practice of discrimination against qualified African-American and Hispanic borrowers in its mortgage lending from 2004 through 2009.

    The settlement provides $125 million in compensation for wholesale borrowers who were steered into subprime mortgages or who paid higher fees and rates than white borrowers because of their race or national origin. Wells Fargo will also provide $50 million in direct down payment assistance to borrowers in communities around the country where the department identified large numbers of discrimination victims and which were hard hit by the housing crisis.

    Additionally, Wells Fargo has agreed to conduct an internal review of its retail mortgage lending and will compensate African-American and Hispanic retail borrowers who were placed into subprime loans when similarly qualified white retail borrowers received prime loans. Compensation paid to any retail borrowers identified in the review process will be in addition to the $125 million to compensate wholesale borrowers who were victims of discrimination...read...."

  8. #298
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I bet that's not Hispanics exercising power, but other factors.

     Hispanics made up more than two-thirds (67.9 percent) of California’s agricultural labor force, but only one-third (33.5 percent) of the state’s nonagricultural labor force in 2008.
     Nearly all (95.2 percent) of California’s Hispanic agricultural workers identified Mexico as their country of origin. This compares to 82.0 percent of the Hispanic nonagricultural workforce.
     In 2006, the most recent year for which CPS spoken language data are available, nearly half (49.4 percent) of California’s agricultural workforce identified Spanish as their only spoken language. In contrast, less than one out of every ten (9.3 percent) nonagricultural workers spoke only Spanish.
     In 2008, Asians made up 12.6 percent of California’s nonagricultural labor force, but only 1.3 percent of the agricultural workforce. Blacks made up 6.1 percent of workers in the nonagricultural workforce, but only 1.0 percent of agricultural workers.
     Agricultural workers tended to be less educated than nonagricultural workers. In 2008, nearly three-fifths (56.4 percent) of agricultural workers had not completed high school, compared to 14.5 percent of nonagricultural workers. In contrast, over three-fifths (62.9 percent) of nonagricultural workers had attended at least some college after high school, and one-third had attained a bachelor’s degree or higher. Among agricultural workers, one-quarter (25.4 percent) had attended at least some college after high school and only one out of every nine (11.1 percent) had attained a bachelor’s degree or higher.

    (Snip)

    In 2008, nearly half (48.6 percent) of California’s agricultural workers reported annual family income of less than $35,000. One out of every eight agricultural workers reported annual family income of less than $15,000. In contrast, a little over one out of every five (21.0 percent) nonagricultural workers reported annual family income of less than $35,000, and only about one in 20 (5.6 percent) reported annual family inco

    (Snip)

    Foreign-born noncitizen agricultural workers reported the lowest annual family income of any citizenship group, while native-born U.S. workers reported the highest. Foreign-born naturalized citizens tended to occupy the middle ground.

    http://www.calmis.ca.gov/file/agric/ca-ag-profile.pdf

    So, this actually supports what I'm saying.
    Unfortunately the statistics don't show the whole picture. There are complications that are not detailed in the data collected or you showed. If you find data on the transportation industry in California, you find Hispanics are disproportionally more prevalent in the AG transport for harvest operations, by far. This is because as I said before there is a quasi monopoly pushing other races out. Only those business in business longer than the Hispanic business's can still get work due to their existing relationship with the shippers and farmers.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  9. #299
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You stated MANY southern schools..... I asked for more than ONE school... not more than one prom.

    I know of the particular you are talking about....... that doesn't make it MANY SCHOOLS.


    Also.... moving forward with their ability to think about white people depends on them getting a job? I know that is not correct, please tell me that is not correct.
    BTW: Moving forward in this particular discussion means not accepting deep seated resentment of white people based on a history that most didn't experience.


    Sorry, my info was 4 years old.. Wilcox Co., Georgia still has a whites only prom, but the kids organized their own separate prom....I thought we were discussing racism and why people were or not racist....I was pointing out the mindset of certain individuals of both races and why they felt that way.....It is 2:30AM and I can barely keep my eyes open, so hasta Manana........

  10. #300
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Is there a link to the actual study, you know, it details how they went about picking their samples, how they worded the questions, and related information which would be included in the actual study.
    The article answered your questions. You can read the study in the May 2011 issue of the journal Perspectives on Psycological Science. The authors asked a nationwide sample....which I assume means they made random telephone calls to people all over the country....to indicate on a scale of 1 to 10 to which extent they felt blacks and whites were targets of discrimination in each decade from the 1950s to the 2000s. Here, read for yourself....


    "...Tufts Associate Professor of Psychology Samuel Sommers, Ph.D., co-author of "Whites See Racism as a Zero-sum Game that They Are Now Losing," which appears in the May 2011 issue of the journal Perspectives on Psychological Science.

    Sommers and co-author Michael I. Norton of Harvard asked a nation-wide sample of 208 blacks and 209 whites to indicate the extent to which they felt blacks and whites were the targets of discrimination in each decade from the 1950s to the 2000s. A scale of 1 to 10 was used, with 1 being "not at all" and 10 being "very much."

Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •