View Poll Results: Do you agree?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 57.14%
  • No, Whites are the most racist

    8 8.79%
  • No, They are the same

    12 13.19%
  • I Don't Know

    19 20.88%
Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 567

Thread: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

  1. #181
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    I do not know, but if it is true, there might be a logical reason for that. Having been discriminated since being stolen from their home country and then being forced into servitude/slavery, some might have just grown to hate white people, others might have gone the opposite way from how they have been feeling/have been treated (inferior) for decades upon decades and have grown a superiority complex.

    I don't know, but I think black Americans have come to a point that they voice their dislike/racist views of whites more openly than whites who might be more "closeted" racists, whites who talk the nice talk but when it comes to it (their daughter dating/marrying a black man for example) they revert to how racist they really are. I just do not know.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You do make wild leaps. And no, even with updates you don't know what you miss.

    I made no such claim. There is no conspiracy that I know of. Again, it is part of the culture, the conditioning.
    I think that you should post those studies.

  3. #183
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Comments like this are exactly why discussions on race are futile. People - like you - who are uninformed have decided to remain uninformed. The fact is that there is an ample amount of research to support Boo's point. I've posted large amounts of research on similar topics. The bottom line is that the vast majority of research on race supports what Boo is saying and not what you are saying. But, you've constructed a reality in your mind where that research is automatically biased so that you can maintain your worldview. Nothing will convince you that you are wrong. You've decided what is truth regardless of the evidence. So let's everybody stop pretending that this is an actual debate and you and ChrisL are actually capable of integrating new information into your worldview. You aren't. All this is an exercise in confirmation bias, nothing more.
    you calling me uninformed is a gut splitter. maybe we should start a poll.



  4. #184
    Educator Paratrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Al
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 12:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    888

    Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites

    Here is the problem I see:
    African Americans were given a raw deal. I get it.

    However is there anyone alive today who was a slave or owned a slave?

    I feel like some use this as justification for their bad behavior. Times have changed.

    There are over 110,000 African American families that have an annual income of more than 1 million a year.

    We have had an African American president, Secretary of State, Attorney General, Supreme Court Justice, Senators, Congressman, Presidential Candidates in both parties, An African American chairman if the Republican Party.

    Their are very successful Doctors, Lawyers, Generals, movie stars, artist, athletes.

    There is opportunity for an African American to join any sector of our society that they choose (as indicated above).

    Most of the racism I have seen or experienced was from those African Americans who fall under the middle class and seem to think everyone else is at fault for their problems.

  5. #185
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    I don't know, but I think black Americans have come to a point that they voice their dislike/racist views of whites more openly than whites who might be more "closeted" racists, whites who talk the nice talk but when it comes to it (their daughter dating/marrying a black man for example) they revert to how racist they really are. I just do not know.
    I agree with that and I think it's a symptom of changing racial dynamics. In the past, if black people spoke openly about how pissed they were about racism and how white people treated them, they would be beaten, raped, lynched or killed. Hell, black men couldn't even LOOK at a white woman without getting hurt - speaking about their dislike and distrust of white people was just crazy (for the most part). But now, with such overt anti-black racism considered unacceptable in most of society, black people have started speaking out more about the resentment and animosity they've always felt. This means that white people now have a group of people talking back to them that didn't before which causes a lot of white people to keep their racial opinions to themselves.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you calling me uninformed is a gut splitter. maybe we should start a poll.
    I think that all of those things he-she stated describe him-her to a perfect T.

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Comments like this are exactly why discussions on race are futile. People - like you - who are uninformed have decided to remain uninformed. The fact is that there is an ample amount of research to support Boo's point. I've posted large amounts of research on similar topics. The bottom line is that the vast majority of research on race supports what Boo is saying and not what you are saying. But, you've constructed a reality in your mind where that research is automatically biased so that you can maintain your worldview. Nothing will convince you that you are wrong. You've decided what is truth regardless of the evidence. So let's everybody stop pretending that this is an actual debate and you and ChrisL are actually capable of integrating new information into your worldview. You aren't. All this is an exercise in confirmation bias, nothing more.
    Aren't you getting a bit personal?

  8. #188
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You can't be serious. Those are dedicated, good and thorough detectives. Now you are saying that these black detectives are victims too? OMG, I think this seriously could be a mental illness.
    Well, when you refuse to reassess your assumptions, all new information has to be fit in to the pre-existing narrative.

  9. #189
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Aren't you getting a bit personal?
    the liberal goal of more and more government power is fueled by creating a balkanized America. That requires them pushing "minority" rights in order to try to weaken the majority's culture and standing



  10. #190
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Rasmussen Poll Says Blacks Are More Racist Than Whites [W:358]

    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper View Post
    Here is the problem I see:
    African Americans were given a raw deal. I get it.

    However is there anyone alive today who was a slave or owned a slave?

    I feel like some use this as justification for their bad behavior. Times have changed.

    There are over 110,000 African American families that have an annual income of more than 1 million a year.

    We have had an African American president, Secretary of State, Attorney General, Supreme Court Justice, Senators, Congressman, Presidential Candidates in both parties, An African American chairman if the Republican Party.

    Their are very successful Doctors, Lawyers, Generals, movie stars, artist, athletes.

    There is opportunity for an African American to join any sector of our society that they choose (as indicated above).

    Most of the racism I have seen or experienced was from those African Americans who fall under the middle class and seem to think everyone else is at fault for their problems.
    Here's the problem with your argument. It boils down to "black people need to hurry up and get over the past at the pace that I approve of." That's ridiculous. Historically, groups who have been seriously oppressed hold on to resentment for generations, particularly when the people in their own generation try to shame them for feeling such resentment. The fact is, you don't get to tell black people that slavery doesn't mean much because it was a long time ago. You don't get to tell black people how they should perceive racism. That you and others think you have a better handle on how black people should feel about how racism - current and historical - impacts them is a huge part of the problem in race relations today. People have been questioning black people's feelings on racism forever. To continue to do that and not simply say, "I get it" and stop there continues the problem.

Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •