View Poll Results: Do you respond differently to posters based on their sex/gender?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Based on their sex and/or gender.

    10 16.67%
  • No. It doesn't matter either way.

    34 56.67%
  • It depends on the topic we're discussing.

    16 26.67%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 126

Thread: Do your responses change based on the sex/gender of the poster?

  1. #71
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Do your responses change based on the sex/gender of the poster?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Now I know why you are on my ignore list - got to remember to pay more attention to it.


    .
    Oooh, I just love this little passive-aggressive tactive of announcing a person is on ignore.

    It makes my day.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Do your responses change based on the sex/gender of the poster?

    For myself it depends on the topic.....although, when it comes to those who have served on a battlefield, and have gone to war for their Country. Which it doesn't matter their gender. I tend to be more easy going with them. I guess that would be a term. Doesn't matter which way they lean either. I may disagree with them. But there is really no getting out pocket or bringing any open disrespect to them. Then Other Vets, Firefighters, Paramedics. More open could be placed in there too. I think I would include those on my Friends List too.

    Also I would have to say it is how I am approached or engaged. Which again for me, is how I proceed.

    Lately I have been trying to give a greeting to who posts up to me. With anybody. Trying to lighten things up and showing some props. Also asking questions. Which has helped me with my own responses to certain people who are just looking to confront or be antagonistic. Course it doesn't work for Everybody and then one must do what one needs to do.



    I Give As Good As I Get - U.D.O.
    Last edited by MMC; 07-02-13 at 12:47 PM.

  3. #73
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,147

    Re: Do your responses change based on the sex/gender of the poster?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Then I would suggest that you've added me to your ignore list, right?.... Because that's who I am and who I will always be.

    May the Gods have no mercy at all. on your Soul.
    I don't have anyone on my ignore list. I am not so delicate that I can't handle seeing the posts of people on the internet I may not have much respect for.

    Ok, then.

  4. #74
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Do your responses change based on the sex/gender of the poster?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    C'mon, Spock and Yoda in debate? Who wouldn't want to see that? I'd want to see who'd be the first to say, "The only point you have is the tip of your ears."
    Forget spock and yoda.

    I want to see Lt Uhura in her dance oif the seven veils routine square off against slave-Leia.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  5. #75
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Do your responses change based on the sex/gender of the poster?

    Depends on the subject:

    Things like birth just aren't a conversation guys KNOW about from the same perspective. But it's impossible to discuss my life without talking about things from my perspective - which is female. My view regarding abortion is going to be painted with my direct experience of pregnancy, etc.

    When it comes to to things in which gender doesn't matter - no, it doesn't affect how I respond.

    I don't pretend to be closer to the girls than the guys (or anything like that) - In fact, sometimes I don't even know who I'm talking to or what gender they are, or what political affiliation they are - I'm responding to words on a screen that someone has typed. I say what I want - and if they care to read it good for them

    ...and if someone alters their responses to me because I'm female - rest assured it won't be that much to me - I'll still chew someone a new asshole if I feel like it. LOL - which I try to avoid IN GENERAL out of respect for this forum and the moderators.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Do your responses change based on the sex/gender of the poster?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    I don't have anyone on my ignore list. I am not so delicate that I can't handle seeing the posts of people on the internet I may not have much respect for.
    The fact that you have ANY respect for people you disagree with shows me that you have no common sense to begin with. I most certainly don't make that mistake.

  7. #77
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Do your responses change based on the sex/gender of the poster?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Then I would suggest that you've added me to your ignore list, right?.... Because that's who I am and who I will always be.

    May the Gods have no mercy at all. on your Soul.
    While I admittedly can get more pissed off than I should sometimes, you take the concepts of "thin skin" and "small mindedness" to entirely new levels.

  8. #78
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,589

    Re: Do your responses change based on the sex/gender of the poster?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    This is something I've been wondering about for a long time and I want honest answers from you DP'ers so don't lie to me.
    When I first joined DP I didn't make my sex/gender clear immediately because I didn't want to be judged based on whether I was a male or female. It didn't last long because as I've mentioned in the past I'm a little bit sexist, I love being female (sex/gender) and I think it would suck to be a guy so not declaring that I'm female was too much for me.

    The poll question I have for you is:

    Do you respond differently if you know whether the person you're responding to is a guy or a girl?

    For an extended discussion list the reasons why?
    I think it's natural to be biased. In my case, I'd be more polite to the women. I also know that my responses are influenced by any perception I may have that I am speaking to a pretty woman. It's the main reason I shut off my avatar display.

  9. #79
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,147

    Re: Do your responses change based on the sex/gender of the poster?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    The fact that you have ANY respect for people you disagree with shows me that you have no common sense to begin with. I most certainly don't make that mistake.
    There is a wide swath of land between disagreement and despicable.

    There are people here I disagree with that I do respect. You aren't one of them.

    I also always find it really hilarious when people sputter supernatural condemnation at atheists. Is that supposed to frighten me? I'm more curious about your genuine desire to see people suffer, actually.

  10. #80
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,589

    Re: Do your responses change based on the sex/gender of the poster?

    A weird thing I've noticed is that if someone sends me a "like" or two, I tend to cut them some slack when I disagree with them later on a topic.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •