View Poll Results: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course! They need to have sex safely

    58 51.79%
  • No, it only encourages them

    28 25.00%
  • Other(Please elaborate)

    26 23.21%
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 465

Thread: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

  1. #81
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    I don't see why not. I mean, the stats show that teens are gonna have sex anyway, so we might as well make sure they have protected sex.
    Which is about as stupid as saying "people are going to shoot each other anyhow, why not give them free bullets?"
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #82
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by instagramsci View Post
    Yes. And birth control. And Plan B.
    Then you pay for it.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Then you pay for it.
    Socialists never have any money.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by John Liberty View Post
    Should teenagers be given free condoms?
    They should pay $1 like everyone else.

  5. #85
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Socialists never have any money.
    thats only after they have spent other people's money

  6. #86
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i dont think so, he rights on target.
    His common fatal flaw in discussions like this is he consistently fails to discern idealism with human nature... what should should do vs what people will actually do.

    I phrased my response carefully. What he says makes sense, as in it is what people should do. It utterly fails when tested, however.

    Can we go back to that ideal? Maybe. If we did it would be a long process, and in the mean time do we really want to have an explosion of unwanted kids on the taxpayer bill? THAT's reality. We can argue whether they should be on the taxpayer bill, but they are and it's not changing anytime soon. Is that what you want?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #87
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Condoms - I fail to see how someone can't purchase those for their self. They don't cost that much and are available from just about anywhere, they don't require a Dr's visit, a prescription, time to fill the prescription, nor would they possibly risk someone's health when administered . . .etc

    If they're going to hand out condoms for free they might as well hand out all BC for free

    Is there a reason why an able-bodied individual cannot afford $10.00 of condoms a month? And trust me - most people don't need a whole box to get through 30 days of sex.
    First, because abstinence programs in every school tell kids not to use them, that they don't work, that they actually make it more likely to contract disease. Second, some males are too macho to use them. Third, some kids simply are never exposed to them and don't think of them. Putting them somewhere that kids will be gets them acclimated to idea and exposes them to it. Why don't they simply make the smart choice? I don't know. I certainly do. Don't you? But some people don't. And they do more often when condoms are right in front of them and advocated to them. So what possible benefit is there in getting upset at them for making the wrong choice? Instead, help them make the right one.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by instagramsci View Post
    Yes. And birth control. And Plan B.
    ..and abortion, and child care, and food-stamps, and Title-19, and housing, and health care, and retirement....

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    His common fatal flaw in discussions like this is he consistently fails to discern idealism with human nature... what should should do vs what people will actually do.

    I phrased my response carefully. What he says makes sense, as in it is what people should do. It utterly fails when tested, however.

    Can we go back to that ideal? Maybe. If we did it would be a long process, and in the mean time do we really want to have an explosion of unwanted kids on the taxpayer bill? THAT's reality. We can argue whether they should be on the taxpayer bill, but they are and it's not changing anytime soon. Is that what you want?
    It's kind of interesting how we create safety net and then spend our time trying to keep people off of it. I can't recall a time when I created something and then spend my time trying to make sure no one used it.

    However, I didn't suggest that everyone would do the right thing. In fact, many people will only do the right thing when they are clear out of choices and many times they will still fail to do it then.
    Last edited by Henrin; 07-01-13 at 02:46 AM.

  10. #90
    economically ☭ socially ☭

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Socialists never have any money.
    And libertarians always work for their dad

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •