View Poll Results: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course! They need to have sex safely

    58 51.79%
  • No, it only encourages them

    28 25.00%
  • Other(Please elaborate)

    26 23.21%
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 465

Thread: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

  1. #351
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    It's one thing to be compassionate, it's another to be totally consumed by one's emotions. Liberals are way over that line. It's cool if you want to feel, just don't forget to think.
    LOL-----NO, definitely not consumed by my emotions--not these days anyway....I think all the time---I'm a Libra so constantly weighing the pros and cons on every darn issue......:-)

  2. #352
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    It only makes sense. If a parent knows, or even suspects their daughter of being sexually active, then they should get them a shot of Depo (or some other long-acting birth control) at a free clinic or even at school.

    I agree but you know what the problem is in many cases? How many Mothers look at their 13 or14 year old and see a young woman standing there?
    Not many--they still see their little girl and thoughts that this child could be sexually active doesn't even enter their mind....that is why the schools have to be proactive......

  3. #353
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,528

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    I agree but you know what the problem is in many cases? How many Mothers look at their 13 or14 year old and see a young woman standing there?
    Not many--they still see their little girl and thoughts that this child could be sexually active doesn't even enter their mind....that is why the schools have to be proactive......
    I agree because of the reason you posted, however, all hell will break loose because state intervention won't be looked on lightly by a lot of people. I think at those ages ...parents who won't even discuss sex with their kids will be pissed at a public school becoming contraceptive distributors without the parents signing a permission form.

  4. #354
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,422

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Based on what I see here being posted by some, they are saying one of two things...

    A) If required to be responsible, people will simply flip a switch and be responsible.

    b) Responsible, reshponsible, I don't really don't give a rat's arse. I just don't want to pay a red cent.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #355
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,205

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    What happens when he misses? In our analogy?
    Well then there is a chance a pregnancy might occur. That 2% doesn't necessarily get pregnant. Condoms are not 100% safe they just make 98x less likely there is a chance of pregnancy. Statistics wise that is a extremely almost impossible chance. That is 98x less likely your taxes may have to pay for a teenage pregnancy.

  6. #356
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Compassion is fine and good, and something should be done to help people, but that help being forced at gunpoint from workers who may or may not want it is unethical.

    Nothing is free, it all must come from somewhere, so I believe there should be a damn good reason to take someone's money to give it to someone else, and this simply doesn't fit that requirement.




    Actually, I don't care who pays for them--as long as they make them available in schools---put vending machines in the bathrooms if they are,indeed, that cheap...............

  7. #357
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Why do liberals treat being offended or embarrassed like bloody murder? Talk about wanting to be babied.
    Who is treating it like bloody murder? Geez....get the chip off your shoulder. I was saying that embarrassment will cause kids not to go into a store to buy condoms which can lead to unwanted pregnancies. T
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #358
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    I agree because of the reason you posted, however, all hell will break loose because state intervention won't be looked on lightly by a lot of people. I think at those ages ...parents who won't even discuss sex with their kids will be pissed at a public school becoming contraceptive distributors without the parents signing a permission form.



    That's why I agreed that they should have vending machines in school bathrooms....

  9. #359
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,227

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    They should only get them if they promise to use them properly and before the use-by date.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  10. #360
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,584

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    Actually, I don't care who pays for them--as long as they make them available in schools---put vending machines in the bathrooms if they are,indeed, that cheap...............
    Good, then why don't YOU use your money, buy as many condoms as you can, and bring them down to the school? Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •