Of course! They need to have sex safely
No, it only encourages them
"If I take death into my life, acknowledge it, and face it squarely, I will free myself from the anxiety of death and the pettiness of life - and only then will I be free to become myself." ~ Martin Heidegger
* A study of New York City's school condom availability program found a significant increase in condom use among sexually active students but no increase in sexual activity.1
* A World Health Organization review of studies on sexuality education found that access to counseling and contraceptive services did not encourage earlier or increased sexual activity.3
* In Europe and Canada where comprehensive sexuality education and convenient, confidential access to condoms are more common, the rates of adolescent sexual intercourse are no higher than in the United States.4"
More stats, footnotes and a link in post #187
May I suggest people look at the statistics before staking out positions on such matters. I see a lot of wrong assumptions on this thread. Thee are life and death issues that should not be determined by fear, religion/superstition and wrong assumptions.
"Age at First Intercourse
* By their late teenage years, at least 3/4 of all men and women have had intercourse, and more than 2/3 of all sexually experienced teens have had 2 or more partners (AGI, 2002).
* A 2007 evaluation of Abstinence (only) Sex Education programs by Mathmatica Policy Research did not find that they had any effects on rates of abstinence among youth, nor on the average age of first intecourse. Government funded abstinence based programs, compared to previous sex education programs, show little significant difference in rates of teen sex. http://www.mathematica-mpr.com/publi...abstinence.pdf
Percent of population having had first intercourse, by age
25% by age 15
37% by age 16
46% by age 17
62% by age 18
69% by age 19
77% by age 19
85% by age 20-21
89% by age 22-24
26% by age 15
40% by age 16
49% by age 17
70% by age 18
81% by age 20-21
92% by age 22-24
(Mosher, Chandra, & Jones, 2005)
Average age of first intercourse, by gender
The Kinsey Institute - Sexuality Information Links - FAQ [Related Resources]
Last edited by Hard Truth; 07-02-13 at 11:43 AM.
Run your own nation, play Cybernations."Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
- Mark Twain
True story from a girl I went to High School with. She was from a "nice" normal, strict religious family, but living in the city she was a heroin user by the time she was 14. Moving to the suburbs (and perhaps through other measures I don't know about) got her to stop using heroin by age 15. She had a steady boyfriend for a year, was having sex, drinking and smoking pot, but wasn't out of control and got good grades, and didn't act up much (she went to an Ivy League college later). Her mother takes her to get a gynecology exam. In front of her mother* the doctor ask her is she was a virgin. Before the girl could say a thing her mother answered "Of course she is!"
*outrageously clueless and irresponsible
'What kind of sick and twisted toy factory is this?'
'We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away.'
"Better to be dead and cool, than alive and uncool."