View Poll Results: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course! They need to have sex safely

    58 51.79%
  • No, it only encourages them

    28 25.00%
  • Other(Please elaborate)

    26 23.21%
Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 465

Thread: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    I disagree. Period. This discussion is going nowhere. Good day.
    You have no reason to disagree. You desire to help these people, but providing them access to services in the market does not help them, but merely provides business with profits. Your position is self defeating in the long run.

  2. #262
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Why allow your kids to ruin their own lives when you could just raise them right in the first place? If your kids are ignoring you, maybe it's not them that's doing something wrong.


    That was pretty darn rude and makes no sense at all.....I don't care how well you raise a child, that child becomes a young man or young woman with a mind of its own and will dam well do whatever they choose to do and consequences bedeviled......

  3. #263
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The only reason I even agree to taxation is to fund for my own protection. I have no interest in your protection at all and I have no reason to pay for it.


    I had a "debate" yesterday on another board with an Aussie who stated that he would live in North Korea before he would ever live in the US...Perhaps you feel the same way?

  4. #264
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    My parents did everything right with me and I still had urges to do bad things. I restrained myself, but I know other kids that had similar parents but the kids just didn't care. Kids are an entirely new breed.
    You just blew your own argument out of the water. Your parents steered you in the right direction, you restrained yourself. My parents did the same thing and so did I. So who should we blame for kids that didn't get the same kind of direction? Not the kids...
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #265
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    That was pretty darn rude and makes no sense at all.....I don't care how well you raise a child, that child becomes a young man or young woman with a mind of its own and will dam well do whatever they choose to do and consequences bedeviled......
    And this is why liberalism is such a horrible outlook...
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #266
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,574

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    I had a "debate" yesterday on another board with an Aussie who stated that he would live in North Korea before he would ever live in the US...Perhaps you feel the same way?
    People like that are being theatrical. I guarantee you if he were put on a boat at gunpoint and given only those two choices, he would pick the US in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    I had a "debate" yesterday on another board with an Aussie who stated that he would live in North Korea before he would ever live in the US...Perhaps you feel the same way?
    The only motivation that I can see for paying the state is to pay them to provide me a service. Why would I be motivated to pay them to provide services to other people? Why would I be interested in paying anyone so that they could serve someone else? I wasn't trying to be rude with my comment, but the fact is that my motivation to pay the state outside of threat of punishment for not paying is to provide me protection of my rights.

    I'm not sure what your post has to do with mine, but I see no reason why North Korea would be more suitable for me than the US.

  8. #268
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    People like that are being theatrical. I guarantee you if he were put on a boat at gunpoint and given only those two choices, he would pick the US in a heartbeat.


    I bet he would too..:-)

  9. #269
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The only motivation that I can see for paying the state is to pay them to provide me a service. Why would I be motivated to pay them to provide services to other people? Why would I be interested in paying anyone so that they could serve someone else? I wasn't trying to be rude with my comment, but the fact is that my motivation to pay the state outside of threat of punishment for not paying is to provide me protection of my rights.

    I'm not sure what your post has to do with mine, but I see no reason why North Korea would be more suitable for me than the US.



    Well North Korea has no safety net for their citizens--they have concentration camps instead..........so you would rather see a young unwed mother living on the street, eating garbage? How about if she dropped that newborn on your doorstep instead?

  10. #270
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    And this is why liberalism is such a horrible outlook...



    They used to call us bleeding heart liberals--for a good reason...We know how to walk in our brother''s shoes, we are caring and compassionate...That doesn't seem horrible to me....

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •