View Poll Results: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course! They need to have sex safely

    58 51.79%
  • No, it only encourages them

    28 25.00%
  • Other(Please elaborate)

    26 23.21%
Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 465

Thread: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

  1. #251
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,176

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The only reason I even agree to taxation is to fund for my own protection. I have no interest in your protection at all and I have no reason to pay for it.
    I don't care.

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    I don't believe that only having private charities will be able to produce the same level of aid as a mandatory aid program via taxation does. Besides, people are already free to donate to private charities as they see fit.
    Why would anyone assume that private charity could get anywhere near the amount that taking from people against their will can and does? The very idea is insane to even suggest.

  3. #253
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,176

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why would anyone assume that private charity could get anywhere near the amount that taking from people against their will can and does? The very idea is insane to even suggest.
    Um, I don't.

  4. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    Um, I don't.
    I think your post made that abundantly clear. The post however had no reason to be made. It goes without saying that having the ability to take whatever you want can't be matched by needing people to give you want they see fit on their own free will.

  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    I don't care.
    Why would you? You believe the government should act like a forced charity branch for your own desires.

  6. #256
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,176

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I think your post made that abundantly clear. The post however had no reason to be made. It goes without saying that having the ability to take whatever you want can't be matched by needing people to give you want they see fit on their own free will.
    It did have a reason to be made. Because you suggested private charities as an alternative to mandatory taxation. I explained a relevant distinction that justifies why I consider a mandatory aid program irreplaceable by private charities.

  7. #257
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,176

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why would you? You believe the government should act like a forced charity branch for your own desires.
    Oh spare me. You want the government to only fund the programs you want as well.

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    Oh spare me. You want the government to only fund the programs you want as well.
    Yes, to protect my rights. Not to provide me or other people things at fellow citizens expense or to turn government into a charity. The government should not be in the business of providing people access to services in the market or doing anything similar to it. You clearly think differently and as I explained I find that to be unwise economically speaking for all parties involved.
    Last edited by Henrin; 07-02-13 at 02:29 AM.

  9. #259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    It did have a reason to be made. Because you suggested private charities as an alternative to mandatory taxation. I explained a relevant distinction that justifies why I consider a mandatory aid program irreplaceable by private charities.
    At no point did I suggest private charity as an alternative to mandatory taxation. You're just making stuff up or you have poor reading compression skills.

  10. #260
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,176

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The government should not be in the business of providing people access to services in the market or doing anything similar to it.
    I disagree. Period. This discussion is going nowhere. Good day.

Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •