View Poll Results: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course! They need to have sex safely

    58 51.79%
  • No, it only encourages them

    28 25.00%
  • Other(Please elaborate)

    26 23.21%
Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 465

Thread: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

  1. #241
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,177

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Why does the government need to face these problems exactly?
    ....because the outcomes of the problems are bad.

    I don't like paying to support babies that don't have adequate support from their parents. And I don't like letting babies that don't have adequate support from their parents to starve. So I want to fix the problem as best we can.

  2. #242
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,177

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    We have stupid policies, so support this other stupid policy. Nice argument. Nope, not going to play ball with that. The more your stupid policies cost the sooner they die. Sorry, but that works in my favor.

    Furthermore, why in the hell would I be interested in even more social programs? What benefit is that to me? All it does is grow the government, increase their influence in peoples lives, create more dependence, and what do I get in return? A chance that it will lower cost of your other stupid programs?
    I don't consider taxpayer money helping to support babies that don't have adequate support from their parents a stupid policy.

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    ....because the outcomes of the problems are bad.

    I don't like paying to support babies that don't have adequate support from their parents. And I don't like letting babies that don't have adequate support from their parents to starve. So I want to fix the problem as best we can.
    So why do you feel the need to drag me along for the ride? What if I didn't want to take part in this scheme of yours?

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    I don't consider taxpayer money helping to support babies that don't have adequate support from their parents a stupid policy.
    Economically it's a very stupid policy.

  5. #245
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,177

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So why do you feel the need to drag me along for the ride? What if I didn't want to take part in this scheme of yours?
    Because we live in a society where we tax citizens. I care more about feeding the babies and less about how upset you are that a tiny fraction of your income was taken to do so.

  6. #246
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,177

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Economically it's a very stupid policy.
    No it's not. If all one cares about is saving as much money for themselves as possible, then it's a stupid policy. That is not all I care about, therefore I do not consider it a stupid policy.

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    No it's not. If all one cares about is saving as much money for themselves as possible, then it's a stupid policy. That is not all I care about, therefore I do not consider it a stupid policy.
    I would rather help people out in real marketable ways that move them forward in life than provide them access to the market or give them certain services. I see no benefit what so ever in providing business free profits by the use of government, but apparently you do.

    The only thing that welfare can ever offer is market activity, but to pretend for a moment that creating market activity is really the best way forward economically is ignorant nonsense.

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    Because we live in a society where we tax citizens. I care more about feeding the babies and less about how upset you are that a tiny fraction of your income was taken to do so.
    The only reason I even agree to taxation is to fund for my own protection. I have no interest in your protection at all and I have no reason to pay for it.

  9. #249
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,177

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I would rather help people out in real marketable ways that move them forward in life than provide them access to the market or give them certain services. I see no benefit what so ever in providing business free profits by the use of government, but apparently you do.

    The only thing that welfare can ever offer is market activity, but to pretend for a moment that create market activity is really the best way forward economically is ignorant nonsense.
    I don't believe that only having private charities will be able to produce the same level of aid as a mandatory aid program via taxation does. Besides, people are already free to donate to private charities as they see fit.

  10. #250
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Should teenagers be given free condoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    No, female teenagers, particularly those who are socially identifiable as a high-risk for teenage pregnancy, should be encouraged to take a shot of Depo, or some other long-acting birth control agent, at scheduled intervals.
    I totally agree....I know someone who had a very promiscuis young daughter and she did this---ten years later and no babies....

Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •