View Poll Results: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 24.32%
  • No

    28 75.68%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 183

Thread: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Because some were already married and some were lesbians so it would have been otherwise closer to 100%

    IDK. It is just something you pick up. In grad school you hear the business of people you barely know or don't even know on a daily basis. It was generally accepted that certain girls who were there were more interested in finding a hubby than in their studies. Nothing wrong with it. Just an observation, just like more people apply to law school when there is a war or a recession than during good economic times. Grad school is often a refuge.
    Grad school is very expensive and requires dedication. Undergrad sure some people are there to find mates. Grad school is where actual professionals go. I find it unlikely 80% of females were there to land a man.

    It is a sexist comment.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Grad school is very expensive and requires dedication. Undergrad sure some people are there to find mates. Grad school is where actual professionals go. I find it unlikely 80% of females were there to land a man.

    It is a sexist comment.
    It doesn't really require that much dedication over undergrad--just more classes. I really don't care if you think it is sexist or not. Some women in grad school were very thirsty and jockeying about the guys they thought would land the better jobs. The non-traditional women were the ones who worked their butts off.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    It doesn't really require that much dedication over undergrad--just more classes. I really don't care if you think it is sexist or not. Some women in grad school were very thirsty and jockeying about the guys they thought would land the better jobs. The non-traditional women were the ones who worked their butts off.
    It isn't that I think it is sexist. It is that it is sexist.

  4. #14
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    It doesn't really require that much dedication over undergrad--just more classes. I really don't care if you think it is sexist or not. Some women in grad school were very thirsty and jockeying about the guys they thought would land the better jobs. The non-traditional women were the ones who worked their butts off.
    Some men do the same thing - it's what the term 'trophy wife' stems from: seeking out a partner for what they might do for you per their career or *other* assets (looks, wealth, etc).

    Lesson in life: some people are just sleazy - men and women . . . don't pretend as if only some women did it. Trust me - some guys do it, too.

    Militayr men are often hounded by women who are seeking association via marriage/relationship - they're hated by us military wives and we call them tag chasers
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #15
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Some men do the same thing - it's what the term 'trophy wife' stems from: seeking out a partner for what they might do for you per their career or *other* assets (looks, wealth, etc).

    Lesson in life: some people are just sleazy - men and women . . . don't pretend as if only some women did it. Trust me - some guys do it, too.

    Militayr men are often hounded by women who are seeking association via marriage/relationship - they're hated by us military wives and we call them tag chasers
    True, but the OP doesn't ask about men. It asks about women.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    It isn't that I think it is sexist. It is that it is sexist.
    It is also reality. Here is a clue: Things like stereotypes are often grounded in truth.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    It is also reality. Here is a clue: Things like stereotypes are often grounded in truth.
    It isn't reality. That is why it is sexist.

    Lies often contain bits of truth.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    It isn't reality. That is why it is sexist.

    Lies often contain bits of truth.
    What is your basis to say it is a lie if you were not in my grad schools with me? You are stereotyping women too there, Ace.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    What is your basis to say it is a lie if you were not in my grad schools with me? You are stereotyping women too there, Ace.
    Grad students take the GRE and spend the hundred grand for a career. Saying females don't care to be professionals, and only looking for a sugar daddy is sexist.

  10. #20
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Grad students take the GRE and spend the hundred grand for a career. Saying females don't care to be professionals, and only looking for a sugar daddy is sexist.
    Ohio is the only state that shares no letters with Mackerel; Utah is the only state that shares no letters with Lewinsky; and Some grad students take tests other than the GRE--any more false assumptions of yours you want me to clarify?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •