View Poll Results: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 24.32%
  • No

    28 75.68%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 183

Thread: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

  1. #171
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,015

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    in fact the title of this thread gives us a clue about how men still view women as weaker ones who have to find a husband

    men dont have to find wife

    l will start a thread about it
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  2. #172
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    The fact that there's an article on the subject means that this is a highly rare occurrence. Remember, dog bites man is not news. Man bites dog is.
    I think it is showing that it is becoming much more common as women start making more than their husbands, in some cases taking care of their husbands rather than being taken care of by their husbands.

    Alimony itself seems like something that would be pretty rare compared to the overall divorce rate.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I think it is showing that it is becoming much more common as women start making more than their husbands, in some cases taking care of their husbands rather than being taken care of by their husbands.
    It should become more common. Last I checked, unemployment amongst men is higher than women...and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. Well, I can figure out why in the public sector, but not the private one.

    The wage disparity is also not as evident and sizable as people want to believe.

  4. #174
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    It should become more common. Last I checked, unemployment amongst men is higher than women...and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. Well, I can figure out why in the public sector, but not the private one.

    The wage disparity is also not as evident and sizable as people want to believe.
    It is becoming more common, but at the same time alimony itself is becoming less common so there is give and take there. And since alimony isn't really tracked overall, then it isn't really known how these compare.

    But there are also many more stay at home moms still than there are stay at home dads, which is what alimony was truly for to begin with, to support women who were supported by their husbands while they stayed home and took care of the house and/or children. They were considered to have no marketable skills. Now that more husbands are becoming stay at home dads and house-husbands, this is changing, but there is still a large disparity in that particular stat. I myself am a stay at home mom but it isn't likely that I could legitimately claim that I deserve any sort of longterm alimony due to my education and training should my husband and I divorce. I don't have experience, but I do opportunities and options available to me.
    Last edited by roguenuke; 07-01-13 at 05:07 PM.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    It is becoming more common, but at the same time alimony itself is becoming less common so there is give and take there. And since alimony isn't really tracked overall, then it isn't really known how these compare.
    Alimony is rather barbaric and should be eliminated anyway. It's just another way to dick men over. Child support has been used as that for a long time, even by the government. For instance, child support payments are neither a deduction for men, nor are a requirement for women to claim as income. Thank God alimony is, and I'm shocked that it's been that way.

    If prenups were automatically built-in to marriage licenses, we'd have a much smaller collective headache where divorce is concerned.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    It's gonna be funny watching men become losers and women start hating everything that goes with divorce in huge numbers.

    The shear amount of hypocrisy floating around will be deadly.

  7. #177
    Wee Nyeff
    GottaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the now
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 02:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,311

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Alimony is rather barbaric and should be eliminated anyway. It's just another way to dick men over. Child support has been used as that for a long time, even by the government. For instance, child support payments are neither a deduction for men, nor are a requirement for women to claim as income. Thank God alimony is, and I'm shocked that it's been that way.

    If prenups were automatically built-in to marriage licenses, we'd have a much smaller collective headache where divorce is concerned.
    Child support has been used as a weapon, I won't disagree with that.

    However, requiring prenups to cover child support to get married is just a little impossible, considering how many children are born out of wedlock. Both parties being responsible for the monetary support of their children, and unfortunately quite often one party is not willing to contribute.
    Building block or stumbling block.... choose.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    It should become more common. Last I checked, unemployment amongst men is higher than women...and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. Well, I can figure out why in the public sector, but not the private one.

    The wage disparity is also not as evident and sizable as people want to believe.
    People don't seem to understand the nature of men. When you motivate them to do less in one area and more in another they will do it to a far greater number and amount than you had in mind. It's one of the many failures that came about from the feminist movement.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
    Child support has been used as a weapon, I won't disagree with that.

    However, requiring prenups to cover child support to get married is just a little impossible, considering how many children are born out of wedlock. Both parties being responsible for the monetary support of their children, and unfortunately quite often one party is not willing to contribute.
    There definitely is a rub involved with out-of-wedlock births. Of course, then I start to get on my anti-welfare rant. I'll save you some obvious male angst by saying that I agree with your statement and leave it at that before I come off as bitter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    People don't seem to understand the nature of men. When you motivate them to do less in one area and more in another they will do it to a far greater number and amount than you had in mind. It's one of the many failures that came about from the feminist movement.
    Don't remind me. It's one reason why I've said that men are, ultimately, their own worst enemies on myriad topics, subjects, and issues. Men are over-compensators by nature, so they tend toward self-correction...even in situations that don't require it.

    Hell, this isn't a new trend. Men do it to their own kind even legally and legislatively. The concept of the female politician is still, overall, quite new. They won't even correct for their own mistakes against themselves.

  10. #180
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do Degreed women have a harder time finding a Husband?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Don't remind me. It's one reason why I've said that men are, ultimately, their own worst enemies on myriad topics, subjects, and issues. Men are over-compensators by nature, so they tend toward self-correction...even in situations that don't require it.
    I was thinking about it the other day when a female poster said to someone on here that they just wanted to help provide for the family and for the man to help out at home. I almost immediately thought that train of thought will just lead to the man not providing at all in the long run. Go figure that is where the trends are leading.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •