View Poll Results: Is the phrase "Creepy Ass Cracker" Racist?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    127 76.51%
  • No!

    20 12.05%
  • I blame Whitey!

    12 7.23%
  • Other

    7 4.22%
Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 660

Thread: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

  1. #551
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Last Seen
    08-03-13 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    38

    Re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    As a white guy, there is very little that I would consider to be racist towards a white person.

    In Arizona when I was canvassing a fair amount of teenager Native Americans would call me random white guy names (like Hank, Ron, etc) and put on a low white guy voice like Dave Chappelle and salute me.

    So idk, I don't really think anyone can say anything to me that would bother be, nor do I consider anything someone says to a white guy as racist.

  2. #552
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Like I said, I knew that you would see it that way. I'm okay with that. /shrug
    Or how about you just link me to the post you made explaining how "institutionalized racism" is a big problem in our country.

    Let's also include how you think a black man was elected the president in such a racist country.

  3. #553
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,285

    Re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    No, in terms of anything other than the target's feelings, powerless prejudice is meaningless.
    Also silly and merely meant to immunize the racist.
    In addition ... it's quite an old excuse often run up the pole to see what kind of jamoke salutes, I might add.

  4. #554
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Or how about you just link me to the post you made explaining how "institutionalized racism" is a big problem in our country.

    Let's also include how you think a black man was elected the president in such a racist country.
    ChristL..talk to me..what is a ''creepy ass cracker??''

    What does it mean??

  5. #555
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    ChristL..talk to me..what is a ''creepy ass cracker??''

    What does it mean??
    A creepy white dude.

  6. #556
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    A creepy white dude.
    So what is a creepy black dude called??

  7. #557
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Sure seems to me like whites are not the only ones who control the power structures.



    Does that thought make you happy or sad?




    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

  8. #558
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    and then again, some do not challenge the dogma they encounter at school and some are smart enough to challenge such based upon potential inconsistancies, missapplications and errant assumptions.

    You still haven't responded to the fact that on local and regional levels, people of color are in control of various institutions such as the one that failed to serve the needs of my son. In doing so, you have reduced complex situations to a very simple matter of skin color thus reducing your argument to a matter of simplistic dogma.

    Accepting answers while never asking questions may earn one a good grade at school, but it certainly does not expand the understanding of racism. Reducing the notion of racism to a simplistic platitude does not address the very meaningful question Dr Chuckles asked a while back and one which I pointed out early on, namely that you are making an enormous and quite erranious assumption that because whites as a whole have more power in the culture at large that there is no possibility that people of color can be racist, even when they quite definitely control various institutions.
    I'm not impressed with ones personal or community problems. We're discussing sociology and the impacts of actual racism on society. A couple privileged white boys having a hard time now and then is neither significant nor anything that anyone is not aware of. Such myopic vision only serves to perpetuate the misconception that personal anecdotes carry the weight and breadth of actual studies and the society-wide concerns therein.

  9. #559
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Does that thought make you happy or sad?




    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.
    It's not who they are but what they have done and will do that matters.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  10. #560
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Speaking of projecting......

    Why people reduce the world to binary is beyond me. Your assumption that because a person rejects bigotry against white people that they must therefore tolerate bigotry against people of color does not allow for the possibility that people may actually reject all bigotry rather than just the politically correct rejection of only some forms.

    Read that Ingersol quote again. he says ALL people , not "everybody but white folks"





    More projection on your part.


    I assume nothing.

    I live in a reality based world.

    I don't know what you see every day, but I do know what I see every day, and I know what's going on in the USA, and that's what I base my opinions on.




    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •