View Poll Results: Is the phrase "Creepy Ass Cracker" Racist?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    127 76.51%
  • No!

    20 12.05%
  • I blame Whitey!

    12 7.23%
  • Other

    7 4.22%
Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 660

Thread: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

  1. #531
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,691

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I'm sorry. When "but the president it black!" is presented as an argument, I exit the debate because I recognize that it's going nowhere. I'm sure you'll interpret that as me being stumped by your amazing argument, but I really just don't have the patience anymore to explain why that argument is always laughably simplistic.
    No more simplistic than using inequality of outcome to assert inequality of opportunity exists. When minority enrollment/graduation rates in colleges is said to be "proof" of racial discrimination but minority overrepresentation in the NBA is said to be totally merit based one must be very suspect. If diveristy, or proportional representation is the goal then "by any means necessary" is seen as the correct policy to achieve that goal.

    I have no doubt that racial discrimination exists (to this day) but that is not a valid excuse to use "good" racial discrimination (applied to negatively affect those not guilty of it) to pretend to correct that situation. Artificial creation of majority minority voting districts is no more "fair" than gerrymandering for any other purpose. Adding minority "preference" points in hiring/school admission is no more fair than doing the reverse.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #532
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I'm sorry. When "but the president it black!" is presented as an argument, I exit the debate because I recognize that it's going nowhere. I'm sure you'll interpret that as me being stumped by your amazing argument, but I really just don't have the patience anymore to explain why that argument is always laughably simplistic.
    But the president is black, tpd.

    My goodness, that was satisfying. I hadn't realized there was such a straightforward method for dispatching you.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  3. #533
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post


    The Race issue solved in 55 seconds.
    he makes sense but that would put jesse jackson and sharpton out of business

  4. #534
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    No more simplistic than using inequality of outcome to assert inequality of opportunity exists.
    I agree. That is a simplistic argument.

  5. #535
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Sounds like you are projecting.

    Who has ever said that beating Reginald Denny was justified?

    Have you ever been outraged over the mistreatment that Black people in the USA have suffered, and continue to suffer every day in conservative-land ?


    I doubt it.




    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll


    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.
    Speaking of projecting......

    Why people reduce the world to binary is beyond me. Your assumption that because a person rejects bigotry against white people that they must therefore tolerate bigotry against people of color does not allow for the possibility that people may actually reject all bigotry rather than just the politically correct rejection of only some forms.

    Read that Ingersol quote again. he says ALL people , not "everybody but white folks"
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  6. #536
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post


    The Race issue solved in 55 seconds.
    Are you submitting this as evidence that actors are only good for acting?

  7. #537
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    It's a racial slur but not racist. Racism requires institutional backing.
    I don't understand why this is a racial slur..

    PLEASE EXPLAIN??

  8. #538
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I agree. That is a simplistic argument.
    If this "institutionalized racism" was such a huge problem, there is no way in hell a black man would have been able to become the president.

  9. #539
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    If this "institutionalized racism" was such a huge problem, there is no way in hell a black man would have been able to become the president.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I'm sorry. When "but the president it black!" is presented as an argument, I exit the debate because I recognize that it's going nowhere. I'm sure you'll interpret that as me being stumped by your amazing argument, but I really just don't have the patience anymore to explain why that argument is always laughably simplistic.
    -----

  10. #540
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    I'm sorry. When "but the president it black!" is presented as an argument, I exit the debate because I recognize that it's going nowhere. I'm sure you'll interpret that as me being stumped by your amazing argument, but I really just don't have the patience anymore to explain why that argument is always laughably simplistic.
    You're right, it is simplistic. I could have also mentioned that we have many black senators and congress critters and believe it or not a black scotus judge. We also have lots of black governors, mayors, city council members, teachers and principals etc etc. I could go on and on.

    Ultimately the point is that the argument that whites control the infrastructure enough to excuse blacks of racism is BS. There is no excuse for racism no matter the situation.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •