View Poll Results: Is the phrase "Creepy Ass Cracker" Racist?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    127 76.51%
  • No!

    20 12.05%
  • I blame Whitey!

    12 7.23%
  • Other

    7 4.22%
Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 660

Thread: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

  1. #501
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i will give you an example of social justice:

    A man who is hungry because he has not eaten in 3 days goes into a store, and takes a loaf of bread, and walks out of the store, he gets caught, under social justice the man should not face justice because his hunger justified his need for food and to steal.
    Actually, under local laws, the judge will award him with 3 hots and a cot for at least 30 days.

    No more hunger for awhile!
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  2. #502
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i will give you an example of social justice:

    A man who is hungry because he has not eaten in 3 days goes into a store, and takes a loaf of bread, and walks out of the store, he gets caught, under social justice the man should not face justice because his hunger justified his need for food and to steal.
    I disagree. Begging should certainly come before theft. Show respectful and moral behavior and others will help you. Steal because you believe it's justified and you will only dig yourself deeper.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  3. #503
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Very interesting! I never knew why white people were called crackers.
    That's only one explanation. There are several theories. One is that it is derived from the sound that whips used to make when white overseers whipped slaves.

    Cracker (pejorative) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  4. #504
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Definitely racist.

    But there is one thing that throws a wrench into this obvious conclusion.

    In Florida, the white's were called "crackers," by the native Americans who lived there. They were called this because, before there were white/non-native American settlers in Florida, the non-Native Americans would drive their cattle to graze in the Florida area. They were called "crackers," because their bull whips made loud "cracks," that reportedly could be heard miles away.

    So, technically, any non-native American (ie: Seminole, etc.,) can be a cracker in Florida. I suppose that could mean black folks too if they participated in those cattle drives.

    In Florida, it is common to hear, "Yeah, he's a good ol' cracker boy." It is a term of endearment meaning the person is native Floridian settler and not a "tourista," or snowbird or transplant.

    Food for thought.
    <cracker
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  5. #505
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    I disagree. Begging should certainly come before theft. Show respectful and moral behavior and others will help you. Steal because you believe it's justified and you will only dig yourself deeper.
    i understand what your saying for the most part, accept the last.

    its social justice advocates that they are trying to justify the stealing, those that preach social Justice see things through that prism, that if you steal, and you were hungry in doing it, its justified and fair...not the one stealing.

  6. #506
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    <cracker
    Wouldn't you like to be a cracker too?

  7. #507
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Wouldn't you like to be a cracker too?
    only a Nabisco unsalted cracker, in the green and white box.

  8. #508
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Wouldn't you like to be a cracker too?
    The only problem with being a cracker is.. uhh (shhh! cracker crumbs)
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  9. #509
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Wouldn't you like to be a cracker too?
    Say it loud! I'm a cracker and proud. LOL!

    Seriously, as much time as I spend FL I might as well be one.

    One day soon, I hope to be getting my mail there.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  10. #510
    Guru
    Porchev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    01-08-17 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,092

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    All this cracker talk is making me hungry.


    MMM, good cracker.

Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •