View Poll Results: Is the phrase "Creepy Ass Cracker" Racist?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    127 76.51%
  • No!

    20 12.05%
  • I blame Whitey!

    12 7.23%
  • Other

    7 4.22%
Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 660

Thread: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

  1. #441
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I didn't exaggerate. I made it clear that you were defending a historical Nazi on the basis that he was a good tanker. It's still ironic, given thread title/subject.
    See this is exactly what I mean. My statements had little to do with "defending a Nazi" that is just trying to demonize. at least be honest about your intentions. Nothing Ironic about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    It kinda parallels people claiming that "cracker" is not so bad based on the source of the comment and the target - in a NON-direct and NON-insulting way regarding your contribution.
    Bull it is insulting as you try and make it sound like I am defending Nazi's. I also was not defending him on the fact he was a tanker. I was defending the fact you were condemning someone using the name and you went Godwin on something you don't know anything about. I was defending the fact he committed no war crimes and was a soldier doing his job for his country. You were in the military so I know damn well you understand it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    On it's face, the whole situation had become rather comically twisted.
    In your opinion. I think your comments where just play it off exaggerations because you went off the reservation.

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I meant no insult and I did not mean to distort your posts. I only meant to comment on the bizarre meta and undertones in regard to the topic.
    You're kidding right?

    I don't think we really jumped the shark until a black guy was defending an historical Nazi (because he was a good tanker) and denying that racism is an obstacle for blacks in America

    Completely misrepresented what I said and exaggerated it for your off topic bull Godwin crap.

    Now please point out where I denied "racism is an obstacle for blacks in America" and tell me how that is not an insult?

    In fact this is actually what started it..

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm a pro-life (mild), green (market based), hawk (democratic peace theory and ecologic justice) libertarian. See my signature for the cornerstone concepts of my ideology/philosophy.

    My lean is independent for a reason. I know very ****ing well what I am. I don't need some Nazi-named liberal hater telling me what they think I am - spare me.
    - http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1061985117

    You can't hide from your own post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #442
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    See this is exactly what I mean. My statements had little to do with "defending a Nazi" that is just trying to demonize. at least be honest about your intentions. Nothing Ironic about it.



    Bull it is insulting as you try and make it sound like I am defending Nazi's. I also was not defending him on the fact he was a tanker. I was defending the fact you were condemning someone using the name and you went Godwin on something you don't know anything about. I was defending the fact he committed no war crimes and was a soldier doing his job for his country. You were in the military so I know damn well you understand it.



    In your opinion. I think your comments where just play it off exaggerations because you went off the reservation.

    I meant no insult and I did not mean to distort your posts. I only meant to comment on the bizarre meta and undertones in regard to the topic

    You're kidding right?

    I don't think we really jumped the shark until a black guy was defending an historical Nazi (because he was a good tanker) and denying that racism is an obstacle for blacks in America

    Completely misrepresented what I said and exaggerated it for your off topic bull Godwin crap.

    Now please point out where I denied "racism is an obstacle for blacks in America" and tell me how that is not an insult?

    In fact this is actually what started it..

    - http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1061985117

    You can't hide from your own post.
    I agree, Hitler was a creepy ass cracker.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #443
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    See this is exactly what I mean. My statements had little to do with "defending a Nazi" that is just trying to demonize. at least be honest about your intentions. Nothing Ironic about it.
    For the last time, there was no attempt to demonize you. If you feel my comments were a personal insult or otherwise malevolent, feel free to take proper channels and leave the accusations with such. I've had enough of you attempting to tell me and others what my intentions and motives are.

  4. #444
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I agree, Hitler was a creepy ass cracker.



    He was absolutely the creepiest. And an ass.

    Cracker, I'm not sure about.

  5. #445
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Of course it's racist. It's disrespectfully applying a slur to someone based on their race.

  6. #446
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Of course Conservatives are going to jump out of the woodwork and make it about blacks. Black on white prejudice is the only kind they see.

    Why should black people not be spared from the PC police?
    Because they're the ones who called the PC police in the first place.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  7. #447
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Prejudice from a source without the power to enforce that prejudice is meaningless.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  8. #448
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The title says it all.... do you believe calling someone a "Creepy Ass Cracker" is racist???????
    I voted no. I think the disconnect some people make is they notice what they classify as equivalent markers of whatever offensive thing there might be. In this case, I think the use of the word "cracker" being compared to the so-called "n-word." What is being omitted is WHY the "n-word" is offensive. The use of the n-word conjures up imagery of an undeniable history of one of the most horrific chapters in human history. When the n-word comes to mind many people associate it with a history of the most expansive human trafficking campaigns in the history of the world, brutal enslavement of people forced to provide free labor under the harshest of conditions for centuries, rape, torture and murder; all of which was legal with the official stamp of approval of the government of the United States through the US Supreme Court's Dread Scott Decision. Then after slavery had officially ended institutions such as share cropping, segregation and Jim Crow laws were established to keep former slaves and their descendants living in a perpetual state of as close to slavery as possible while being technically free. Then add lynchings, cross burnings, police brutality, church bombings, denial of access to vote, denial of access to equal educational and career opportunities and denial not of of civil rights and human rights but in many cases denial of even animal rights. One prominent denominator is the victims of this inhumane treatment were referred to as the n-word. Cracker, on the other hand, although not exactly polite, conjures up no such historical imagery and has even been used by a sitting Governor (as opposed to the bonafide thugs of inner-city America who use the n-word as a term of endearment) as a complement.

    “I know this fella from Arkansas,” boasted Florida Gov. Lawton Chiles as he introduced Bill Clinton to a Democratic fund-raising reception in this GOP stronghold. “And I can tell you he knows how to speak cracker.”
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  9. #449
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    And I read the case. They said that race was about 1/3 of the deciding factor (see the link) of the two areas they make decisions on.
    well i know the judge i listened to...... read each of the USSC judges opinions on the case, and among their opinions, he stated "yes" the school knew it discriminated, but they attempted to justify that discrimination by the school actions they took by looking at the womans background , and basically saying they did it for the "GREATER GOOD"
    Last edited by Master PO; 06-28-13 at 02:54 PM.

  10. #450
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,315

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Of course Conservatives are going to jump out of the woodwork and make it about blacks. Black on white prejudice is the only kind they see.

    Why should black people not be spared from the PC police?
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So you are equally offended by it when Rush says it?

    Sorry, the people who come in droves to defend Rush are the first to go on about prejudice when it's on them. If you think you're persecuted because you're white or Christian or conservative, get real. Man up and take some of that "personal responsibility" you guys love to talk about. If you say things that make you sound like an asshole, people are going to judge that you are an asshole.
    What does Rush say?

    Nevermind ... it doesn't matter ... somewhere along the way racist comments by blacks toward whites have become beyond criticism.

    That's undeniable.

    The defense of using "cracker" that you see all about you is the most recent and obvious example.

    Either everything by anyone should be tolerated or everyone should be accountable for what they say.

Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •