View Poll Results: Is the phrase "Creepy Ass Cracker" Racist?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    127 76.51%
  • No!

    20 12.05%
  • I blame Whitey!

    12 7.23%
  • Other

    7 4.22%
Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 660

Thread: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Prejudice against blacks holds societal power.



    An ISM is not about personal power but societal.
    You are being a nit picker. It's obvious that he meant does the term or phrase hold any power by itself. And he said racist, not racism.

  2. #242
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,413

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    This is a sad excuse of an appeal to authority. If you don't have any evidence to offer me, then your argument is useless.
    Logic does not conjecture make. You reject logic as an argument. I'm not making an appeal to authority, I'm making an appeal to sociological analysis. Given that racism is sociological, it's a reasonable appeal.

  3. #243
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,413

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    You are being a nit picker. It's obvious that he meant does the term or phrase hold any power by itself. And he said racist, not racism.
    The power of bigotry is in the society, not the individual.

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Logic does not conjecture make. You reject logic as an argument. I'm not making an appeal to authority, I'm making an appeal to sociological analysis. Given that racism is sociological, it's a reasonable appeal.
    Your sociological analysis still needs to be backed up by something called evidence. Otherwise its just your interpretation, which I really could care less for.

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The power of bigotry is in the society, not the individual.
    But individuals make up a society. So, technically, it could be the individual who holds the power. Really, bigots and racists are just asshole people. Do you really think we will EVER purge society of assholes? That's pretty much a pipe dream, don't you think?

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Logic does not conjecture make. You reject logic as an argument. I'm not making an appeal to authority, I'm making an appeal to sociological analysis. Given that racism is sociological, it's a reasonable appeal.
    A conjecture is a proposition that is unproven. Karl Popper pioneered the use of the term "conjecture" in scientific philosophy.[1] Conjecture is contrasted by hypothesis (hence theory, axiom, principle), which is a testable statement based on accepted grounds
    Conjecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    I have asked you several times for evidence and examples. So until you give me such proof, it is still a conjecture.

  7. #247
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,413

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Your sociological analysis still needs to be backed up by something called evidence. Otherwise its just your interpretation, which I really could care less for.
    No problem. Go on believing that a minority pissing in the wind is as threatening as actual racism oppressing minorities and providing privilege to whites.

  8. #248
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    But individuals make up a society. So, technically, it could be the individual who holds the power. Really, bigots and racists are just asshole people. Do you really think we will EVER purge society of assholes? That's pretty much a pipe dream, don't you think?
    Liberals believe they can, and they want the power of goverment to do it. That is one reason they don't believe in property rights.

  9. #249
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,413

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    But individuals make up a society. So, technically, it could be the individual who holds the power. Really, bigots and racists are just asshole people. Do you really think we will EVER purge society of assholes? That's pretty much a pipe dream, don't you think?
    The idea is not to purge society of ignorant haters but to eliminate their influence from our institutions. That has not yet occurred and this actual racism (as opposed to powerless bigotry) still exists in America. This actual oppression and privilege is a much bigger problem than common race-based bigotry that carries no real societal threat or power.

  10. #250
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Ecofarm's definition comes from an academic, specifically sociological, viewpoint as something such as race is a social construction and thus in order to get a better understanding of race and how it works in the overall society, he examines it through a sociological lens. Rather than use the everyday vernacular, he aims for a specific definition of what racism is and this informs his view of what is or is not racist, something which can be applied to any and all societies. Rather than looking at the actions of the individual, Ecofarm aims to looks at the social institutions within society and how they truly work rather than what they espouse to do or people think that they do. Such a view would lead him to realize that everything that deals with race in America, from the very idea of race to what is racist/racism, are institutionally based and that these institutions back one group over the other. Thus, he differentiates between what racism is and what bigotry is, noting racism is institutionally-based and thus is in and affects the society at large, whereas bigotry is based on the micro-level.

    I think that if the situation were reverse, in terms of what race dominated American society (blacks rather than whites), Ecofarm would be stating that what Trayvon said was racist.

    I am not saying that I agree or disagree with Ecofarm, I am just trying to explain his reasoning behind his definition.

    To Ecofarm: Please correct me if I said anything wrong, that you disagree with.

    EDIT: Changed "bigoted" to "racist" for clarification.
    Last edited by Mr. Invisible; 06-28-13 at 01:58 AM.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •