View Poll Results: Is the phrase "Creepy Ass Cracker" Racist?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    127 76.51%
  • No!

    20 12.05%
  • I blame Whitey!

    12 7.23%
  • Other

    7 4.22%
Page 24 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 660

Thread: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

  1. #231
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanBeing View Post
    But the Nazis were a minority, so they weren't racist, right?
    I have carefully specified alternate power relations, regarding non-US contexts, and given examples in numerous posts this thread.

  2. #232
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    The problem isn't the racism, it's the false perception that it actually has meaning and power.
    Racism is oppression and privilege, not just racial bigotry. Racial oppression and privilege, alive and well in this country, has actual meaning and power.

  3. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Sociological. Learn the difference.
    This is a sad excuse of an appeal to authority. If you don't have any evidence to offer me, then your argument is useless.

  4. #234
    Educator HumanBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    745

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I have carefully specified alternate power relations, regarding non-US contexts, and given examples in numerous posts this thread.
    You specified that minorities can't be racist, in accordance with your personally crafted, totally unsubstantiated definition of racism. So, given that Nazi's were a minority on the global political stage, they weren't racist, they were just bigots according to your logic.

    Of course, this is nonsense. Racism can be as little as a personal, unexpressed belief, not even spoken out loud to anyone let alone acted out with state backing.
    If you hate capitalism so much, then just write everything in lower case. Problem solved.

  5. #235
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Was what Trayvon said bigoted? Yes. Did he deserve to die for it? Should he have said it at all? No, not in the least.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  6. #236
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I tell ya what I learned recently, Ernst Barkmann was perhaps the biggest piece of crap in the Nazi army:


    Ernst Barkmann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/QUOTE]
    Wow I smoked you out into speaking with me, thanks for your sweet love

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I have carefully specified alternate power relations, regarding non-US contexts, and given examples in numerous posts this thread.
    Well since this thread was started on the premise of a word (or phrase) and whether or not it alone yields power, I would say that it only holds power for those who give it power. Other than that, it is only a word.

    Personally, I wouldn't use "racist" words because I don't want to hurt people's feelings, so I would personally avoid saying such things. I don't think it's okay, but I don't think words are powerful unless the person the word is used against allows it to have power over him or her, and even though the n-word may have some powerful historical connections, it is STILL only a word.

  8. #238
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Do you think Zimmerman killed Trayvon because he was a racist? Because he hated Trayvon and just wanted to kill him because of the color of his skin?
    No, I think two likely morons got in a fight and one shot the other. There's no real evidence that Z initiated physical contact or intended to kill Martin prior to their fight.

    When I used the term "murder" is was in the poster's perception. My point was that, even if Z is a psycho racist killer, that's no justification for using racial slurs. After all, there are plenty of murderers of all race and creed.

  9. #239
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Racism is oppression and privilege, not just racial bigotry. Racial oppression and privilege, alive and well in this country, has actual meaning and power.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  10. #240
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well since this thread was started on the premise of a word (or phrase) and whether or not it alone yields power, I would say that it only holds power for those who give it power. Other than that, it is only a word.
    Prejudice against blacks holds societal power.

    Personally, I wouldn't use "racist" words because I don't want to hurt people's feelings, so I would personally avoid saying such things. I don't think it's okay, but I don't think words are powerful unless the person the word is used against allows it to have power over him or her, and even though the n-word may have some powerful historical connections, it is STILL only a word.
    An ISM is not about personal power but societal.

Page 24 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •