View Poll Results: Is the phrase "Creepy Ass Cracker" Racist?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    127 76.51%
  • No!

    20 12.05%
  • I blame Whitey!

    12 7.23%
  • Other

    7 4.22%
Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 660

Thread: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You're denying that racism exists in America? I mean real racism, where bigotry impacts all levels of society, and not just some minority talking powerless and sociologically impotent crap.
    Yep I'm denying it. Prove me wrong.

  2. #182
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,552

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by instagramsci View Post
    ecofarm has posted multiple times about it. Read the thread.
    What he posted was one of various sociological systems theories regarding racism. The key term here is "systems theories".

    But all of these theories are derived from a root pathology of racism.

    If you want to deny "individual racism" exist...then that's your problem.

  3. #183
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,073

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by instagramsci View Post
    Look at that. Something we agree on.



    No.
    Actually yes you would be wrong.Because the source of words and their meaning doesn't back up your claim.Had you been correct then the dictionary would have the definition that you were using.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #184
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Yep I'm denying it. Prove me wrong.
    You're denying that racism exists in America. haha

  5. #185
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Racism, real racism - with oppression and privilege - a system of such, still exists in America. Blacks and thus society suffers from it every day. It's not the same as common racial bigotry, it's an ingrained system of superiority and must be eliminated.
    And yet you can't seem to define that other than stating it over and over again.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #186
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I don't need to suffer rape to be offended by it.
    Maybe you should quit being so thin skinned.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #187
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Thus demonstrating the difference. You laugh because the insult is powerless and thus meaningless. It's not them same when it represents actual oppression and privilege - racism.
    I laugh because it's stupid. It doesn't have power because I don't give those words power.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  8. #188
    Educator HumanBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    745

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by instagramsci View Post
    It's irrelevant because it really doesn't mean anything in any useful context other than this argument.
    Well, the argument at this point is what the word "racism" means, so of course the actual definition of the word is useful. Again, what could possibly be more useful?
    If you hate capitalism so much, then just write everything in lower case. Problem solved.

  9. #189
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You're denying that racism exists in America? I mean real racism, where bigotry impacts all levels of society, and not just some minority talking powerless and sociologically impotent crap.
    That is where your argument is ****ed.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #190
    economically ☭ socially ☭

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    What he posted was one of various sociological systems theories regarding racism. The key term here is "systems theories".

    But all of these theories are derived from a root pathology of racism.

    If you want to deny "individual racism" exist...then that's your problem.
    What do you mean "individual racism"?

    You mean prejudice?

Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •