View Poll Results: Is the phrase "Creepy Ass Cracker" Racist?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    127 76.51%
  • No!

    20 12.05%
  • I blame Whitey!

    12 7.23%
  • Other

    7 4.22%
Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 660

Thread: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

  1. #171
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    Honestly I think it's funny. If somebody called me cracker, honkey, or peckerwood, I'd probably laugh.
    Thus demonstrating the difference. You laugh because the insult is powerless and thus meaningless. It's not them same when it represents actual oppression and privilege - racism.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    If any of you white privileged people ever had to suffer real - institutionalized - discrimination, you wouldn't be crying about how some relatively powerless minority calling you names is the same thing.
    If any black people had to suffer real - institutionalized - discrimination.... im sure there was more to it than an old lady calling her robber a nigger in story retellling mode to her relatives.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #173
    economically ☭ socially ☭

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    A dictionary is a source of words and their meaning.
    Look at that. Something we agree on.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    So if you claim a word means something and no credible dictionary supports your claim then you are a wrong.
    No.

  4. #174
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,500

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by instagramsci View Post
    Once again:


    Also. Racism is not a color. Or a fruit.
    You're exactly right. Racism is an attitude and behavior toward others of a different race, based on beliefs a person holds, which includes, but not limited to, other races are inferior to their own.

  5. #175
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Thus demonstrating the difference. You laugh because the insult is powerless and thus meaningless. It's not them same when it represents actual oppression and privilege - racism.
    (Note: Actual oppression and privilege not experienced by 80 percent of the people who get offended by it)
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #176
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    If any black people had to suffer real - institutionalized - discrimination.... im sure there was more to it than an old lady calling her robber a nigger in story retellling mode to her relatives.
    Racism, real racism - with oppression and privilege - a system of such, still exists in America. Blacks and thus society suffers from it every day. It's not the same as common racial bigotry, it's an ingrained system of superiority and must be eliminated.

  7. #177
    economically ☭ socially ☭

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanBeing View Post
    Why is the dictionary definition of racism/racist irrelevant to a discussion about what the word means? In fact, what could possibly be more relevant?
    It's irrelevant because it really doesn't mean anything in any useful context other than this argument.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The US system still includes discrimination against blacks. Do you deny this? While it is not official, it exists.
    Prove it.

  9. #179
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    (Note: Actual oppression and privilege not experienced by 80 percent of the people who get offended by it)
    I don't need to suffer rape to be offended by it.

  10. #180
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Prove it.
    You're denying that racism exists in America? I mean real racism, where bigotry impacts all levels of society, and not just some minority talking powerless and sociologically impotent crap.

Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •