View Poll Results: Is the phrase "Creepy Ass Cracker" Racist?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

    127 76.51%
  • No!

    20 12.05%
  • I blame Whitey!

    12 7.23%
  • Other

    7 4.22%
Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 660

Thread: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

  1. #151
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,517

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by instagramsci View Post
    You can mentally masturbate over posting dictionary definitions all day. It doesn't make you any more correct.


    Grace us with your definition of "Racists", if you please. It seems like everybody who can read a Websters is wrong...but you, of course.

  2. #152
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    A racist is one who believes that their particular race is superior to all others.
    A racist comment would be something a racist would say.
    There is no evidence that Trayvon believed that his race was superior to all others.
    The comment was not racist.
    The term cracker is a descriptive pejorative term and is no more racist than the term "creepy assed".
    A racist is one who believes that their particular race is superior to all others.
    A racist comment would be something a racist would say.
    There is no evidence that Paula Deen believed that her race was superior to all others.
    The comment was not racist.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #153
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by instagramsci View Post
    Get over it cracker.

    And that makes insult #4 from you towards me in this thread.

    You must be doing splendidly well in this discussion!!!!!
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #154
    economically ☭ socially ☭

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Grace us with your definition of "Racists", if you please. It seems like everybody who can read a Websters is wrong...but you, of course.
    The Webster's definition is a definition of racism.

    Just not one that really matters.

  5. #155
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    No. Because it has no ****ing meaning T.T..T...T...TT... TODAY JUNIOR!!!!!

    Can you grasp that?
    I'm 42 and vastly more educated, experienced and traveled than you. Spare me the "junior".

    Racism exists in America today. That's a fact.

    However, that racism is not blacks oppressing whites and exercising privilege over them. Blacks bitching about whites is of no social or personal consequence to me whatsoever; however, whites bitching about blacks carries societal weight due to actual (system based) racists permeating our power structures.

  6. #156
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by instagramsci View Post
    Not really.
    Yes it does.A dictionary is a book of what words mean.If you claimed that "orange" really meant the color black and the dictionary says you are wrong then you are wrong period.It doesn't matter if you post a source from some quacks claiming that "orange" means the color black.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #157
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,517

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by instagramsci View Post
    The Webster's definition is a definition of racism.

    Just not one that really matters.
    Please...share your wisdom and knowledge and teach us all what really matters...

  8. #158
    Educator HumanBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    745

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by instagramsci View Post
    The Webster's definition is a definition of racism.

    Just not one that really matters.
    Right, because websters doesn't have a definition for the word racist.

    Meanwhile, back on planet earth: Racist - Synonyms and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    "racist noun

    a person who believes that one race should control all others"
    If you hate capitalism so much, then just write everything in lower case. Problem solved.

  9. #159
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm 42 and vastly more educated, experienced and traveled than you. Spare me the "junior".

    Racism exists in America today. That's a fact.

    However, that racism is not blacks oppressing whites and exercising privilege over them. Blacks bitching about whites is of no social or personal consequence to me whatsoever; however, whites bitching about blacks carries societal weight due to actual (system based) racists permeating our power structures.
    There is no system based racism....

    You keep claiming it until you turn blue in the face....

    Today is not 30-40 years ago.

    The only system based racism I see is Affirmative Action.... and the enforcement (not the law itself) of the hate crimes legislation.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #160
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,632
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Creepy Ass Cracker.... Racist or no? [W:329/550]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It depends. Racial slurs are not of themselves racist. "Creepy ass cracker/nigger/kike/whateverthe****" is racist if the reason they are creepy is because of the race. If it is just a cracker who is creepy, then no. Racism requires a feeling of superiority over the other race. This is why I complain that people overuse the term racism in a big way here.

    May I ask what brought this question about?
    Your question may have been answered already, but now that I see the thread has degenerated into another "define racism" argument I can't be bothered to read the rest of it, lol.

    Trayvon Martin's friend, who was on the phone with him, relayed TM saying that "some creepy ass cracker" was staring at him. That was George Zimmerman. TM said he was going to take a short-cut to the home of his father, with whom he was visiting, and told his friend basically "... that nigger is following me!"

    To me, in the entire context of the phone conversation between the two, it seemed common slang terms used without thought by the two of them and probably the friends they hung out with. I didn't see it as racist; just vulgar slang, common among many kids today.

Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •