View Poll Results: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

Voters
259. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    44 16.99%
  • No

    171 66.02%
  • Maybe/Don't Know

    44 16.99%
Page 92 of 132 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1318

Thread: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

  1. #911
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by USNavySquid View Post
    But there are only a certain number of phobias right? (even if that number is 10,000 there are still things that people can be afraid of that do not have there own phobia-name.) So I don't want to limit my point to phobias only.
    Phobia is an irrational fear, it can be a fear of anything, clowns, stairs, helicopters, you name it. Just because there isn't a clinical name for every possible phobia doesn't mean that it isn't a phobia.

    But you were absolutely describing phobia. You stated the definition of phobia in your explanation.

    But its okay, that us really psychological jargon. What point were you making?

  2. #912
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Last Seen
    08-13-13 @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    166

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Phobia is an irrational fear, it can be a fear of anything, clowns, stairs, helicopters, you name it. Just because there isn't a clinical name for every possible phobia doesn't mean that it isn't a phobia.

    But you were absolutely describing phobia. You stated the definition of phobia in your explanation.

    But its okay, that us really psychological jargon. What point were you making?
    Ok. Agreed on that. My point is still in post 907.

  3. #913
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,574

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by USNavySquid View Post
    I do not think it is wise to use animals to prove something about humans. I agree that humans are animals too and have a multitude of similarities with different animals. Still, saying that something about humans must be true because the animals do it too just doesn't sound like an infallible argument. I'm not saying you are wrong.
    Well I think it's rather infallible when the question is whether or not homosexuality is "natural". I provided examples of when it is naturally occurring, which pretty much ends the subject right there.

    As far as whether it's a choice or not, there's no evidence that it is a choice, and boatloads of evidence that it isn't a choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  4. #914
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    which pretty much ends the subject right there.
    ok shut down the site, turn out the lights, we've resolved the issue
    New Hope for the Wretched era

  5. #915
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Child rapin' serial killin' mass murder on a global scale
    cats n dawgs living together is natural too so what's yer point again?

    If homosexuality is a choice I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would choose it.
    If it isn't then I suppose they 'can't help themselves' and could be thought of as anyone else with a valid claim
    to such a thing, hmm like someone born with a birth defect. No one screams at a child that was born
    'mentally challenged' and demands that they score 2,400 on the SAT test?
    New Hope for the Wretched era

  6. #916
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Last Seen
    08-13-13 @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    166

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post

    If homosexuality is a choice I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would choose it.
    Throughout the history of mankind, people's choices have proven to be near infinitely variable. So have their motivations. Choice is an X factor. It can't be controlled for. I don't think one can say, "Only these choices, these specific choices exist for mankind. No more, no less." No. I think people have the ability, and the lack of restraint, to make lots of different choices.

  7. #917
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    If there's a point in there can I borrow your magnet cuz I can't find that needle in the haystack for the life of me.
    I stopped reading your posts pages ago cuz they make no sense to me.

  8. #918
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,574

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    Child rapin' serial killin' mass murder on a global scale
    cats n dawgs living together is natural too so what's yer point again?

    If homosexuality is a choice I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would choose it.
    If it isn't then I suppose they 'can't help themselves' and could be thought of as anyone else with a valid claim
    to such a thing, hmm like someone born with a birth defect. No one screams at a child that was born
    'mentally challenged' and demands that they score 2,400 on the SAT test?
    LOL, holy crap.

    You first compare two people being in love with child rape, serial killing and mass murder, then you move on to compare it to being mentally challenged and affirmative action to get "extra points". What extra points are they getting by having the same exact rights you have?

    Jesus, you have a lot of hate in you, man, you should see somebody about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #919
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Who should I see?

    Did I not list a series of natural human behaviors (ok the cats n dawgs thing was a bit much)
    is homosexual behavior natural? Is it solely a choice? (of course engaging in the act is a choice)
    Or is the 'desire' inborn just as the 'desire' for heterosexuality is Hmm we might be on to something there eh?
    OK fine sex that isn't for procreation is perfectly natural unless you are hetero which means it's normal?
    wow I think I'm turning into a Navy Squid there

  10. #920
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Last Seen
    08-13-13 @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    166

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    If there's a point in there can I borrow your magnet cuz I can't find that needle in the haystack for the life of me.
    I stopped reading your posts pages ago cuz they make no sense to me.
    My point was... trying to place value on the reason why someone would make a choice is a waste of time. People have made innumerable choices for innumerable reasons. You said "I can't see why anybody in their right mind would choose it." Trying to judge the validity of a choice is a waste of time. Don't bother trying to see a good or bad reason why some one would choose homosexuality.

Page 92 of 132 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •