View Poll Results: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

Voters
259. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    44 16.99%
  • No

    171 66.02%
  • Maybe/Don't Know

    44 16.99%
Page 78 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 1318

Thread: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

  1. #771
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    Like all of human sexuality, whatever it is it won't work like a light switch.
    I'm not sure I understand your meaning.

  2. #772
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your meaning.
    it won't be as simple as a light switch. It won't be On or Off.

  3. #773
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    it won't be as simple as a light switch. It won't be On or Off.
    How would you know?

  4. #774
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Excuse me for barging in at the last moment but.....what is the objective here? If we are able to determine that it is a "defect" what would the impact of that be?

  5. #775
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    How would you know?
    No one knows, which makes it a safe bet. Most of biology works that way. Nature rolls multidimensional dice.

  6. #776
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Excuse me for barging in at the last moment but.....what is the objective here? If we are able to determine that it is a "defect" what would the impact of that be?
    Eugenics, and then all hell starts to break loose because no one will be able to agree on what stays and what goes. It will be a great show though, just look at the fight over Down Syndrome.

  7. #777
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    No one knows, which makes it a safe bet. Most of biology works that way. Nature rolls multidimensional dice.
    Medical science has defeated a lot of natural maladies. Who's to say in 100 years there wouldn't be a "cure" so to speak? I don't really think anyone can say.

  8. #778
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Medical science has defeated a lot of natural maladies. Who's to say in 100 years there wouldn't be a "cure" so to speak? I don't really think anyone can say.
    Nature is never defeated. We stall her off from time to time but in the end she will always win. As for a 'cure" for homosexuality, by the time we have that in hand that will be the least of your concerns because the fight will be between a world of little Hitlers and a world of little Gandhis. God help us then.

  9. #779
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    Nature is never defeated. We stall her off from time to time but in the end she will always win. As for a 'cure" for homosexuality, by the time we have that in hand that will be the least of your concerns because the fight will be between a world of little Hitlers and a world of little Gandhis. God help us then.
    I'll probably and hopefully be dead by then so what do I care?

  10. #780
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'll probably and hopefully be dead by then so what do I care?
    That's a good bet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •