View Poll Results: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

Voters
259. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    44 16.99%
  • No

    171 66.02%
  • Maybe/Don't Know

    44 16.99%
Page 71 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 1318

Thread: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

  1. #701
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    of course not but I do believe in the Higgs boson
    Who?

  2. #702
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    Well now Clax that is indeed an interesting concept Alan Turing committed suicide 7 June 1954 rather than continue chemical castration as an alternative to prison
    and now we have rabid activist homosexuals screaming in our faces that we are monsters for not accepting homosexual Scout Masters? yeah I'm gonna go with bending over backwards.
    I have been bending far more, dealing with crap from the likes of you and suggestions that gay people can't be Scout masters. Some bizarre superstition has dictated so many parts of my life. I can't adopt my child because of your bizarre superstition. So I will be in your face until I crush you. And your crybaby caterwalling falls on deaf ears. If my rights are inconvenient to you I don't Care, you should be inconvenienced for perpetrating your bizarre superstition.

    I am not worried you have proven a pathetic adversary. 2 measly percent of the population is capable of pushing hard enough to make you cry and retreat.

  3. #703
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Last Seen
    08-13-13 @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    166

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    [QUOTE=CLAX1911;1062143446]And I am not going to. Your failure to communicate us your problem.

    Okay i will play this game with you
    Post #553 i quoted you.
    " Revolutionary isn't it? sorry i'm tired. I'm saying we are all the same as far as we are all bisexual. On top of that lowest common denominator, the choice to live as a bisexual, homo or hetero are the minor differences among us."

    Let's see how little sense this makes

    Revolutionary isn't it? sorry i'm tired. I'm saying we are all the same as far as we are all bisexual. On top of that (constant of bisexuality) the choice to live as a bisexual, homo or hetero are the minor differences among us.

    Living as this or that didn't alter your orientation. I know first hand.
    Why didn't it alter orientation? What is it about orientation that can't be altered? I'm question your underlying assumptions about orientation. I know there is an APA definition of orientation. I also know there are interpretations of orientation. I believe our interpretations are frequently self-serving. We turn ideas around in our mind until we find a version we are comfortable with. I know I do. That's why I try, seriously now, to use phrases like "I believe such in such."



    Because your beliefs are absurd.
    Opinion.


    I can absolutely prove you are dead wrong. You said everybody, I am somebody, I am not bisexual, being that the trem everybody includes me, that statement is dead wrong.

    I don't have to ask everybody to know you are wrong when you say everybody is bisexual. I just need one person to prove that because everybody except one is not everybody.

    The problem is that generalization is always wrong therefore they are useless.
    I said I believe everybody is bisexual. I said I believe we all are bisexual. After saying it once, I may have omitted it from any following statements to you. And that may be the reason why you think I am trying to state my beliefs as fact. Sorry. I will try harder to always include phrases like "in my opinion such-in-such, i believe such-in-such.

  4. #704
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    I'm using what's known as Proper English. In that case the default pronoun is Male, meaning he, his, etc. Since God would have no sex, "he" could be whatever "he" damn well chose to be eh?
    I used proper English too. Get your mind out of the phalocentric.

  5. #705
    User Forseti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 05:44 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    Who?
    It's amusing how people believe it proves the existence of god somehow. Even more amusing, the guy who theorized its existence was an atheist.

  6. #706
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I used proper English too. Get your mind out of the phalocentric.
    In this country? Good luck.

  7. #707
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    It's amusing how people believe it proves the existence of god somehow. Even more amusing, the guy who theorized its existence was an atheist.
    God is like beauty, he's in the eye of the beholder.

  8. #708
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by USNavySquid View Post
    Agreed. Why? I think he is bisexual because he can choose to live hetero and homo lifestyles, and you think he is bisexual because? My guess is that you think he is bisexual bec bisexual is a separate orientation describing people who are (somehow) attracted to both men and women.
    That is what the word bisexual means.

    bi·sex·u·al**

    Adjective-Sexually attracted to both men and women.
    Noun-A person who is sexually attracted to both men and women.

    Its the definition of the word. A bisexual person is a person attracted to both genders. That is what it means
    A person that can be attracted to both genders is bisexual, I never argued that. Simply stated that everybody can't do that, I couldn't

  9. #709
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    So I will be in your face until I crush you
    There you go, your true position has been evident all along.

    So tell me if there ever was a 'push back' from the 98% of the population what would it look like?
    and what's this adoption thingie of which you speak? I thought raising children was a 'breeder thing'
    and honestly you've lost me what 'bizarre superstition' are you referring too?

  10. #710
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Last Seen
    08-13-13 @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    166

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    That is what the word bisexual means.

    bi·sex·u·al**

    Adjective-Sexually attracted to both men and women.
    Noun-A person who is sexually attracted to both men and women.

    Its the definition of the word. A bisexual person is a person attracted to both genders. That is what it means
    A person that can be attracted to both genders is bisexual, I never argued that. Simply stated that everybody can't do that, I couldn't
    Ok. this will take us on a new line of discussion and also might lead us back to the beginning..... What is it about bisexuals that does not exist in non-bisexuals that allows/enables/triggers/whatever them to be attracted to both genders? If you don't know, that's ok. If you do, great. I don't know. I believe there is nothing that is different b/w bisexuals and non-bisexuals. Why? Bec there is no conclusive, definitive, widely agreed upon evidence there that is a difference. the person who posts here named Criticalthought, linked an article or two on epigenetics, they were insightful, but not proof.

    You definition does not say anything about bisexuality being an orientation. but i'll surrender the point. Nor does it say anything about the cause of bisexuality, as in- a life choice or an inherent trait. But that's ok too. It's only a definition.

    We agree on the definition. That's a common trait (denominator lol) b/w us. We disagree on the conclusions we draw from that definition.

    again, what if anything, exists in bisexuals that distinguishes them from non-bisexuals aside from the fact that they can choose to engage in sexual and ... i don't know.. emotional/romantic relationships with either gender?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •