View Poll Results: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

Voters
259. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    44 16.99%
  • No

    171 66.02%
  • Maybe/Don't Know

    44 16.99%
Page 69 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1318

Thread: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

  1. #681
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Last Seen
    08-13-13 @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    166

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    you said common denominator, that is a phrase used in mathematics.

    You never clarified what "common denominator" or numerator you were speaking of. I get your metaphor and there is no need to be condensing, and post a dictionary definition of only part of the phrase you used. Its dishonest and frankly lazy.

    All that aside I mean it, i don't want to argue stupid semantics, i will delete it out of any further quotes and not discuss it any way further.
    Take out the word denominator and put in the word "trait" -taken from the def by Webster. Common trait. I guess I should have said that instead of common denominator. I did clarify it... with my sentence right before that one. What you mean to say, friend is, "I think Its dishonest and frankly lazy.

    What is this mysterious common VARIABLE that you speak of?
    -that i believe that we are all bisexual. bisexuality.


    some people believe in leprechauns. Who cares?
    I see your point.... buuuuuuut, if you don't care, why are you discussing this with me?




    but you ate dead wrong in the assumption that everybody is bi.
    How do you know? Did you ask everybody? I state my beliefs. You state your beliefs as if they are facts. Wait, I'll rephrase.... You SEEM to state your beliefs as if they are facts. Example: "You are dead wrong." See your quote above.
    Last edited by USNavySquid; 08-04-13 at 03:34 AM.

  2. #682
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    Well buddy in the movie Juno the pee stick result didn't take a lifetime to resolve.
    But if you don't mind saving me a spot on the beach of the lake of fire I'll be sure to bring the Smores m'kay?
    There is no Hell, it's a mistranslation. You're welcome and I hate smores.

  3. #683
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    yer right Winston I'm an Atheist and even I know he's a she

  4. #684
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,204

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    But caring gives their life meaning. They have more fun when others don't. That's actually true BTW. The studies have shown that if I offer you $100 you'll turn it down if the other guy gets $500. But if you have $100 more than he does, you are happy as a clam.
    Caring about defining other people's sexuality is pointless. No matter what you do, how much you get involved, you don't belong in it and you will meet resistance as you should. Now that resistance is what you are griping about.

    The fact that we don't lay down and allow you to destroy us is you bending over backwards? You aren't involved yet you place yourself in my business and then complain when I jump on you. You are a busybody.

    That nonsense about money is not at all close to this subject.

  5. #685
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Last Seen
    08-13-13 @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    166

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Bisexual.
    Agreed. Why? I think he is bisexual because he can choose to live hetero and homo lifestyles, and you think he is bisexual because? My guess is that you think he is bisexual bec bisexual is a separate orientation describing people who are (somehow) attracted to both men and women.

  6. #686
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Caring about defining other people's sexuality is pointless. No matter what you do, how much you get involved, you don't belong in it and you will meet resistance as you should. Now that resistance is what you are griping about.

    The fact that we don't lay down and allow you to destroy us is you bending over backwards? You aren't involved yet you place yourself in my business and then complain when I jump on you. You are a busybody.

    That nonsense about money is not at all close to this subject.
    I complained? That doesn't sound like me. Maybe you were thinking of someone else?

    As for the Money, it's an analogy. The kids hate it when they don't have something the other ones do, like rights.

  7. #687
    Advisor csense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NE Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    329

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfLife View Post
    Right from the start you got it wrong. All we need is God to appear. Now if he shows up and says, "Hey kids, I don't exist", then we have a problem.
    I think the problem is pretty evident already...

  8. #688
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What about a Goddess?
    I'm using what's known as Proper English. In that case the default pronoun is Male, meaning he, his, etc. Since God would have no sex, "he" could be whatever "he" damn well chose to be eh?

  9. #689
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    and we all know that Christianity is the final arbiter on this issue
    Real Chrstianity or any number of misreadings of Christianity? And how do you know which is which?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #690
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    11-16-13 @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,817

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by csense View Post
    I think the problem is pretty evident already...
    If you're thinking that the problem is you and the atheists are dead wrong about God, you're correct. Congrats.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •