View Poll Results: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

Voters
259. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    44 16.99%
  • No

    171 66.02%
  • Maybe/Don't Know

    44 16.99%
Page 45 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 1318

Thread: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

  1. #441
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    lol What? I can think of dozens of non violent behaviors that are outlawed at this moment.



    You said here that homosexuals do not have a choice, that they are homosexual and thats that. You also are asserting that heterosexuals are stuck being heterosexuals and have no choice in the matter. And now you are saying that it doesnt have to be in every case? So which is it then, gays and straights cant flip sides or some can?

    Either way I believe that I made my point. That at least in some cases sexuality is a choice.
    1) I said there's no reason to outlaw non-violent behavior, not that people like you don't want to.

    2) Not really much of a point, most of them can't make themselves turn straight any more than we can make ourselves turn gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  2. #442
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,062

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    1) I said there's no reason to outlaw non-violent behavior, not that people like you don't want to.
    I think that you are jumping to grand conclusions that I never even hinted at making. I would elaborate but im not even sure what people that you think that I belong too.

    2) Not really much of a point, most of them can't make themselves turn straight any more than we can make ourselves turn gay.
    I thought I made it clear that I was making the point that not 100% of homosexuals consider themselves born that way. I have no idea though what percentage do. Though either sides opinions could be considered in themselves subjective.

    ANd as far as making ourselves turn gay, that sounds a bit over simplified to say the least. BTW no one is born a homosexual and no one is born heterosexual, sexuality actually shows up latter in life not as a infant. When a person is homosexual it can actually mean many different things depending on the individual. Some people want to be the opposite sex than they were born. Some want to have sex with the same sex. I have known guys that literally were just as masculine as any guy can be the only thing that made them gay was that they have gay sex. Yes I am quite aware that there are many gays that will always be gay and I never said anything different.

    My guess here is that you are assuming that I am making some claim that I am not. Perhaps you should reread what I have written and take note that I did not say anything like what your assumptions seem to dictate.

  3. #443
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    I think that you are jumping to grand conclusions that I never even hinted at making. I would elaborate but im not even sure what people that you think that I belong too.

    I thought I made it clear that I was making the point that not 100% of homosexuals consider themselves born that way. I have no idea though what percentage do. Though either sides opinions could be considered in themselves subjective.

    ANd as far as making ourselves turn gay, that sounds a bit over simplified to say the least. BTW no one is born a homosexual and no one is born heterosexual, sexuality actually shows up latter in life not as a infant. When a person is homosexual it can actually mean many different things depending on the individual. Some people want to be the opposite sex than they were born. Some want to have sex with the same sex. I have known guys that literally were just as masculine as any guy can be the only thing that made them gay was that they have gay sex. Yes I am quite aware that there are many gays that will always be gay and I never said anything different.

    My guess here is that you are assuming that I am making some claim that I am not. Perhaps you should reread what I have written and take note that I did not say anything like what your assumptions seem to dictate.
    Then I guess you just had zero point to make and were just nitpicking about unimportant facts. Whether they were born that way, or became that way, the end result is the same, nothing suggests they "decided" to be gay one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  4. #444
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,390

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Nope. It was agreed that equivocation was going on when giving that definition, so the debate ended.

    The evidence is that gay conversion therapy has been exposed as fraudulent, straight camps as failures, and I have never heard a single gay person say it was a choice. Is it conclusive? No. But I don't see a single reason to believe homosexuality is a choice for anyone. Not a single person who has asserted that has given any evidence to support that claim.

    And then there is what most scientists seem to believe:
    "40 years of study indicates homosexuality is not a personal choice."
    "There is ongoing research to determine intrinsic human physiology as causation because modern science is leaning toward prenatal chemistry, genetic and hormonal factors even dominant primitivism as the underlying X factor for LBG. The old argument of nature vs. nurture is taking a backseat and current thinking is the choice of sexuality is innate to human nature as eye color. What is known is most people experience little or no choice in sexual orientation."

    A 2005 study reported genetic scans showing a clustering of the same genetic pattern among gay men on three chromosomes - chromosomes 7, 8, and 10. The regions on chromosome 7 and 8 were associated with male sexual orientation regardless of whether the man got them from his mother or father. The regions on chromosome 10 were only associated with male sexual orientation if they were inherited from the mother.

    Some more information:
    Homosexuality is Not a Choice | Truth Wins Out

    So yes, I have plenty of evidence. Your turn. Or is your ignorance the only evidence we need?
    I just checked, and Merriam-Webster haven't change their definition of homosexuality:

    Definition of HOMOSEXUALITY
    1: the quality or state of being homosexual
    2: erotic activity with another of the same sex

    So clearly the debate you and they are having hasn't been settled yet--at least in your mind.

    As for your evidence, it may be indicative in some people that supports that being gay is innate. I never said that for some people it wasn't. But since this is science, I like to see the word "PROVEN" for something to be certain. If they have all these tests, have they been able to identify homosexuals among a group of people who have not identified themselves as homosexual? I have found articles that indicate that there are a group of gays that don't want to admit the possibility that there are some for which there is a choice because they don't want to give ammunition to the other side. I have no such agenda. Bringing up gay conversion is irrelevant since that is typically someone other than the person pursing a change.

    One who has caught a lot of such flack is the actress Cynthia Nixon who says that after 20 years in a relationship with a man and two children, that recently she made the choice to be gay. Some bash her for not really being gay but bisexual instead. Perhaps you feel the same way, but if she says that she chose to be gay, it is none of my business, let her be gay. I don't need to study the issue because I don't have an agenda either way.

    Again, my only assertion is that there are a percentage of people who are innately gay and there is a percentage of people who choose to be gay and that the percentage of each is not 100%. You assert that the percentages are 100% and 0% respectively. No rounding, just the absolute percentage. Until you have some evidence that absolutely proves 100%, then I think my position is the more reasonable between the two of us.

    What is your agenda?

  5. #445
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    you are right "i" didnt and didnt claim i did lol there you go making stuff up again, can you ever stop?

    YOU proved it, everything you posted proved the fact that homosexuality itslef is factually not a sin

    let me know when this fact changes and you are ready to admit you are wrong

    or simply supply us all with proof it is a sin, we will be waiting
    I have given more than enough proof, you just decide to twist things to your way of thinking.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  6. #446
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    I have given more than enough proof, you just decide to twist things to your way of thinking.
    no you have given ZERO and that fact will not change, everything you posted proved that homosexuality itself is not a sin.
    My opinion has no play here im gouing by the facts, nice try but you are still wrong and this thread proves it

    if you disagree by all means pleas please post the proof for us again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #447
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    no you have given ZERO and that fact will not change, everything you posted proved that homosexuality itself is not a sin.
    My opinion has no play here im gouing by the facts, nice try but you are still wrong and this thread proves it

    if you disagree by all means pleas please post the proof for us again
    That's fine if you want to deny the truth. Nothing more to discuss with you.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  8. #448
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    But pretending that we haven't ruled out 'choice' as a general cause is ridiculous.
    Since we know it CAN be a choice, Pretending that we HAVE ruled it out is the truly ridiculous position. There are theories out the ass stemming from all the scratching around in the dark, groping for "the cause" since we want so badly to say that it really can't be a choice. The truly logical position is that we don't know. We just know that even if it turns out there is some condition that causes this that eliminates the element of choice for many, the element of choice is still a fact of life for at least some... and even so, until there is some hard evidence, it's not even a theory, but a hypothesis.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  9. #449
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    That's fine if you want to deny the truth. Nothing more to discuss with you.
    thats what i thought!
    we knew you wouldnt post your "proof" because there isnt any. Dont know why you just insist on posting dishonesty, it just further exposes you.

    Let us know when you are ready to man up and admit you were factually wrong or ready to post proof.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #450
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    In any case population control through sexual behaviors is not uncommon in the Animal Kingdon. But this is not the sole method used in nature to retard over-population. As populations grow over-pollution occurs, living space shrinks, starvation, conflict, and cannibalism can occur. Evolution does bear this out.
    Since homosexuals also want to argue that homsexuality has always been around and even more popular in the days of Rome and Greece when it was obviously a CHOICE and when populations were LOW and when there was no threat whatsoever of overpopulation, I'd say the "biological population control mechanism" theory has more holes in it than a screen window.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

Page 45 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •