View Poll Results: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

Voters
259. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    44 16.99%
  • No

    171 66.02%
  • Maybe/Don't Know

    44 16.99%
Page 40 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 1318

Thread: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

  1. #391
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    nether does some other different sexual preferences like bestiality and that still is outlawed and considered a mental illness then we have bigamy should that still remain illegal
    We are talking about legally consenting adults

  2. #392
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Exploring different sexual relationships does not determine one's sexuality. Sexuality is an attraction. A gay man that had sex with women is not and was not straight.
    then maybe you explain why is it listed as a mantal disorder according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders and not homesexuality

  3. #393
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    We are talking about legally consenting adults
    animals especially dogs are very willing partners
    I could show you proof but will be in violation of forum rules doing so

  4. #394
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    07-08-14 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,325

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    At this point, who cares? The SC has caved in to the Left, and by this time next year, who knows how far gay activists will have plunged into everyone else's lives?

  5. #395
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by USNavySquid View Post
    Refer to the first sentence in post #378. (Anything other than my own assertion.)

    Regarding #2... likes and dislikes of the same thing can flip flop over the course of a life time.
    1. That statement doesn't pertain to choice, it pertains to cause (nature vs. nurture). And clicking on the link suggests that choice is not involved. You are only bolstering my case here.
    2. I just argued that attraction is not the same thing as a like or a dislike. Repeating that likes can change isn't relevant to that point.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  6. #396
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Last Seen
    08-13-13 @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    166

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    1. That statement doesn't pertain to choice, it pertains to cause (nature vs. nurture). And clicking on the link suggests that choice is not involved. You are only bolstering my case here.
    2. I just argued that attraction is not the same thing as a like or a dislike. Repeating that likes can change isn't relevant to that point.
    Suggesting that choice is not involved is not evidence. It's an assertion. Choice is a cause.

    How is attraction different from a like or dislike?

  7. #397
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    animals especially dogs are very willing partners
    I could show you proof but will be in violation of forum rules doing so
    Ill pass on that amazing though that you would even be willing to search that **** out

  8. #398
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by USNavySquid View Post
    Btu during that semester that she was exploring with lesbian relationships, if I asked her, why did you hook-up with Mary? She might answer, " I find her attractive."
    So what? Finding someone attractive is different than being attracted to them. And even if that is what she meant, then she may be lesbian or she may be bi, assuming she is being honest.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  9. #399
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by USNavySquid View Post
    Suggesting that choice is not involved is not evidence. It's an assertion. Choice is a cause.

    How is attraction different from a like or dislike?
    You're the one who pointed to that post, and the post suggested the opposite of what you claim. Show me the evidence that attraction is a choice. Why is this so hard? Is it perhaps because there is no such evidence?

    I already explained how attraction is different than like. If you aren't going to bother reading my posts, then don't bother responding to them.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  10. #400
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Last Seen
    08-13-13 @ 09:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    166

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    You're the one who pointed to that post, and the post suggested the opposite of what you claim. Show me the evidence that attraction is a choice. Why is this so hard? Is it perhaps because there is no such evidence?

    I already explained how attraction is different than like. If you aren't going to bother reading my posts, then don't bother responding to them.
    Sorry I've got my hands full here- cooking dinner, feeding the baby, making sure the 6 yr old is busy and carrying out my wife's instructions.

    I disagree that there is a difference b/w like and attraction. i think the processes that occur when I decide I like coffee or my mother-in-law are the same as those that occur when i decide I like gay sex.

    The first sentence is post 378 should be the answer to both of our assertions.

    Obviously you want evidence. This is your trump card. If I can't play a more powerful card, then you win. Right? I have already described how exposure over time can lead to attraction where initially none was present. --in terms of coffee, movies and fat girls. I think it also applies to sexual attraction. If there really and truly was absolutely, positively no stigma Ever! regarding homosexuality, then I think we'd all be close friends.

Page 40 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •