View Poll Results: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

Voters
259. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    44 16.99%
  • No

    171 66.02%
  • Maybe/Don't Know

    44 16.99%
Page 22 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 1318

Thread: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

  1. #211
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Sexuality, is not a sin, however, the way you implement that sexuality can be.
    correct this is why you were wrong twice now, are you ready to show integrity and admit that?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #212
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    correct this is why you were wrong twice now, are you ready to show integrity and admit that?
    Ok, explain to me again how that is different than what I have been saying? Trying to be clear here.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    I'm not really sure the social stigma compares to death.
    Most societies have made at least some allowance for homosexuality. While it has never been truly accepted in any culture's version of "polite society," in most cases, homosexuality is not the certain death sentence you seem to view it as being.

    I'm assuming because the fall back of the afterlife in Heaven was deemed worth it.
    Perhaps, but I would still say that it was a rather irrational decision on the whole given the circumstances.

    Wait. If it's their personal preference to embrace the 'homosexual lifestyle', then how is it really a choice? Do you 'choose' your taste in music?
    Is a fundamentally irresistible genetic compulsion towards certain forms of music necessarily required for a given individual to prefer rock over country, or hip-hop over rhythm and blues?

    Generally speaking, I would be inclined to say that it is not. One's preference is a function of individual choice more than anything else. People choose to associate themselves with certain genres because they, on some level, speak to that individual's environmentally determined sensibilities or outlook on life.

    It is the same with many of the more bizarre fetishes out there, like extreme BDSM, bestiality, or fecalphelia. The idea that all of these rather diverse forms of sexual expression could be driven by biological compulsion alone is rather far-fetched to say the least.

    Likewise for the various "gray areas" which exist in many cultures around the world.

    In many parts of the Middle East, for instance, it is common for supposedly "straight" men with wives and children to seek out young boys for sex and go back to their families afterwards as if nothing at all had happened. In other parts of the world, literal shaved apes have been used for purposes of prostitution.

    Would you say that these cases are more indicative of biological compulsion, or simple voluntary perversion? The former explanation would seem to be unlikely.

    I'd say that personal choice very likely accounts for a far larger share of human behavior than you might realize.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 06-27-13 at 05:34 PM.

  4. #214
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Ok, explain to me again how that is different than what I have been saying? Trying to be clear here.
    easy

    the facts i specifically spelled out that you called WRONG multiple times, i can qoute you if you like

    homosexuality is NOT a sin by its self, you called this wrong many times
    homosexuality is separate form acts(implementation), you called this wrong also

    NOW you are saying homosexuality is not a sin but the implantation(acts) can be

    this is 100% different from what you have said many many many times

    so again are you willing to admit you were factually wrong or are you trying to deny you said those things and ill just simply quote the many times you did say it
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #215
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    easy

    the facts i specifically spelled out that you called WRONG multiple times, i can qoute you if you like

    homosexuality is NOT a sin by its self, you called this wrong many times
    homosexuality is separate form acts(implementation), you called this wrong also

    NOW you are saying homosexuality is not a sin but the implantation(acts) can be

    this is 100% different from what you have said many many many times

    so again are you willing to admit you were factually wrong or are you trying to deny you said those things and ill just simply quote the many times you did say it
    No that is not what I am saying. I am saying that sexuality in of itself is not a sin. Heterosexuality is not sin, certain acts of it can be but it is not. However, homosexuality is sin and must be turned from. It's acts are also sin.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  6. #216
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightrider View Post
    This isn't about whether one is for or against gay marriage.....

    Simply vote and discuss whether you believe that homosexuals have a choice in the matter, or were simply born that way, with no choice whatsoever.

    Please be courteous - thanks in advance.
    It's not a choice.

    It would be nice to be able to choose who you were attracted to though, there were a lot of wealthy men out there who fell for me and I just didn't feel the same way. I could be living in a million dollar home with a maid a cook and carrying around a cute little puppy dog in my purse right now.

    I think everybody has those people out there who are good people who you want to feel the same way about but you just don't...you don't choose that it just is what it is. I mean I can't wake up one day and say I think I'm going to be attracted to women anymore than a lesbian could wake up one day and say "I'm going to choose to be attracted to men."
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  7. #217
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    1.)No that is not what I am saying. I am saying that sexuality in of itself is not a sin.
    2.) Heterosexuality is not sin, certain acts of it can be but it is not.
    3.) However, homosexuality is sin and must be turned from.
    4.) It's acts are also sin.
    1.) so then you CHANGED your stance because i said that earlier multiple times and you said i was wrong lol
    2.) there is no separating them, its sexuality period
    3.) homosexuality itslef is not a sin this fact will never change and if you disagree AGAIN i ask you to factually prove otherwise
    4.) its acts maybe a sin depending on your beliefs

    no you are back pedaling and saying sexuality and acts can be spereate earlier you said they cant be, make up your mind lol

    so to reflect you are still currently wrong and these facts remain unchanged

    sexuality ?(homo or hetero) is not a sin
    sexuality is separate form acts

    if you have ANY facts what so ever to prove otherwise please post them now or simply continue to be dishonest either way the facts wont change and you are still wrong.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #218
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) so then you CHANGED your stance because i said that earlier multiple times and you said i was wrong lol
    2.) there is no separating them, its sexuality period
    3.) homosexuality itslef is not a sin this fact will never change and if you disagree AGAIN i ask you to factually prove otherwise
    4.) its acts maybe a sin depending on your beliefs

    no you are back pedaling and saying sexuality and acts can be spereate earlier you said they cant be, make up your mind lol

    so to reflect you are still currently wrong and these facts remain unchanged

    sexuality ?(homo or hetero) is not a sin
    sexuality is separate form acts

    if you have ANY facts what so ever to prove otherwise please post them now or simply continue to be dishonest either way the facts wont change and you are still wrong.
    Let's get one thing straight. You are talking about MY religion, how do you know what is or is not wrong in MY religion? We obviously do not believe the same things, or follow the same religion.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  9. #219
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Your post makes sense to me. While I'm heterosexual, I don't recall having made a choice. I can't explain my attraction to females. I've always assumed that my sexual orientation is an immutable characteristic.

    The above said, while I think that environmental homosexuality exist, I believe it's the exception, not the rule. In fact, I can even believe that there are homosexuals who become environment heterosexuals.

    But the bottom line for me is that I believe that sexual orientation is an immutable characteristic for most people...regardless of what their sexual orientation is.

    At what point in time (prior to our birth) did any of us check off a selection list of immutable characteristics as preferences for our existence here on good old planet earth? And if there was such a list...who or what in the hell made it up? Who or what would ensure such a list be manifested into a human being as per such a list?

    I suggest that such a list is impossible.

    And furthermore, I suggest that we (all humans) are an uncontrollable product of circumstance of birth in which we had no way to design ourselves. In other words, we are born just the way we are...without any predetermination as to any of our immutable characteristics.

    Thanks for your post...
    Exactly how does that contradict my post? We seem to be in agreement...
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  10. #220
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AliHajiSheik View Post
    I believe that if someone gets to be rubbed the right way that they can learn to like it and then adapt to the person doing the rubbing.
    That doesn't change their attraction to that person though. Homosexuality is not defined by who you get rubbed by.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •