View Poll Results: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

Voters
259. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    44 16.99%
  • No

    171 66.02%
  • Maybe/Don't Know

    44 16.99%
Page 19 of 132 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 1318

Thread: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    L5
    Last Seen
    01-17-14 @ 12:32 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,476
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Actually that is not what Jesus said.
    OK, you tell me ... what is the REAL J.C. quote on this subject?

  2. #182
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Actually no, you are still wrong:

    "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion" (Romans 1:26-27).
    nope because you dont have to have LUSTFUL thoughts to be hetero or homo sexual

    also see the word ACTS and relations
    wrong again

    homosexuality itself is not a sin, this fact will not change, please stop you are factually wrong and making it look worse
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #183
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nope because you dont have to have LUSTFUL thoughts to be hetero or homo sexual

    also see the word ACTS and relations
    wrong again

    homosexuality itself is not a sin, this fact will not change, please stop you are factually wrong and making it look worse
    Sadly you don't know what you are talking about.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  4. #184
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Sadly you don't know what you are talking about.
    nope all the evidence and facts support me, if you disagree please show us evidence that homosexuality itself is a sin, ill wait
    by all the logic you presented all sexuality would be a sin

    its ok facts prove you wrong again, we talked about this, just man up, be honest and admit you misspoke or continue be dishonest
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #185
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nope all the evidence and facts support me, if you disagree please show us evidence that homosexuality itself is a sin, ill wait
    by all the logic you presented all sexuality would be a sin

    its ok facts prove you wrong again, we talked about this, just man up, be honest and admit you misspoke or continue be dishonest
    It's not dishonest. You are too prideful to know you are wrong. The Bible is clear that thoughts are the same as action. Jesus said whoever looks upon a woman with lust has committed adultery.

    Homosexuality is a choice, and a sin, doesn't matter if you can't seem to think that because you want to splice words together and apart.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  6. #186
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    1.)It's not dishonest. 2.)You are too prideful to know you are wrong. 3.)The Bible is clear that thoughts are the same as action.
    4.) Jesus said whoever looks upon a woman with lust has committed adultery.

    Homosexuality is a choice, and a sin, doesn't matter if you can't seem to think that because you want to splice words together and apart.
    1.) yes it is and its been proven
    2.) has nothing to do with me, facts prove you wrong
    3.) and there doesnt have to be lustful thoughts with homosexuality or any sexuality, further proving you wrong
    4.) again this has nothing to do with sexuality

    you have been factually proving wrong many times now and denying it is just dishonest, if you disagree by all means PLEASE PLEASE provide factual proof that homosexuality itself is a sin, we are waiting
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #187
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,422

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Human beings are fundamentally irrational creatures. By the logic you have put forward, why would anyone in their right mind choose to be Goth, Emo, or Furry given the stigma those lifestyles attract? Why would anyone in ancient Rome have chosen to be Christian, or anyone living under Franco or Pinochet's regimes have chosen to be Left Wing?

    Granted, such willful contrarianism can have a tendency to be rather rare, but homosexuality tends to be rather rare (2-4% of any given population) anyway.

    It's hardly unthinkable that at least some of the individuals making up their number might "choose" to embrace a homosexual lifestyle purely as a matter of personal preference in spite of the drawbacks.
    Correct. The "why would someone subject them self to that?" has never been a valid counterpoint. People do that all the time. For example, why would someone in the south in the 1960s enter into an inter-racial marriage... knowing they're going to be ostracized by family and society?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #188
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,422

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    I had to catch up with 8 pages this morning, but there have been some great conversation and debate going on here. Especially between CA, CC, and USNS.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #189
    Finite and Precious
    Jredbaron96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    With you.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    7,882
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Human beings are fundamentally irrational creatures. By the logic you have put forward, why would anyone in their right mind choose to be Goth, Emo, or Furry given the stigma those lifestyles attract?
    I'm not really sure the social stigma compares to death.

    Why would anyone in ancient Rome have chosen to be Christian,
    I'm assuming because the fall back of the afterlife in Heaven was deemed worth it.



    It's hardly unthinkable that at least some of the individuals making up their number might "choose" to embrace a homosexual lifestyle purely as a matter of personal preference in spite of the drawbacks.
    Wait. If it's their personal preference to embrace the 'homosexual lifestyle', then how is it really a choice? Do you 'choose' your taste in music?
    "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
    -FDR

  10. #190
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    It's not dishonest. You are too prideful to know you are wrong. The Bible is clear that thoughts are the same as action. Jesus said whoever looks upon a woman with lust has committed adultery.

    Homosexuality is a choice, and a sin, doesn't matter if you can't seem to think that because you want to splice words together and apart.
    Just because you believe in fairy tails (Santa, tooth fairy, Jesus) does not mean you proved your points. The bible can't even get the age of the earth or the time of the dinosaurs right.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •