View Poll Results: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

Voters
259. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    44 16.99%
  • No

    171 66.02%
  • Maybe/Don't Know

    44 16.99%
Page 126 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1318

Thread: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

  1. #1251
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    No need, you have conceded that this is the case by saying this is "nothing new", in reference to the examples.
    Incorrect. I demonstrated that your complaints about textbooks including advancements from ANY minority group is nothing new. This does not indicate intention to indoctrinate. Therefore, you have failed and need to prove intentions to indoctrinate with reliable sources.

    Go.

    This makes my point. thank you
    Actually it doesn't since we are discussing homosexuality not transsexuality. Do try to stick to the topic.

    not all, some. Which show that someone draws a moral line between what should and shouldn't be in the schools. This makes my point.
    No, we see it with minority groups that tend to continue to have discrimination towards them. Not a moral issue, an informational issue. Your point is, once again, invalidated.

    yes it is
    Good. And your perception is irrelevant to facts.

    Wow. now this is one of the clearest statements of discriminatory thinking I have seen in this entire thread. And again makes my point
    Actually, it proves your point wrong... and if you believe it's discriminatory, then you do not understand what I said. But let's see if you can demonstrate how what I said is discriminatory. Now, remember... we are focusing on presenting facts. How is presenting information, regardless of whether that information violates the sensibilities of some, discriminatory.

    exactly, but it serves to show your own moral lines exist.
    No, it is as I said. Has nothing do to with homosexuality. Your red herring CONTINUES to render your position invalid.

    You probably didn't read this entire thread, but you should know that the whole advocacy within schools issue was brought up in the context of who should draw the moral lines and what should they be for the society at large, which produces societal norms.
    No, I've been involved in the thread since the beginning. Though I haven't posted the entire time, I've read it.

    This came about because someone commented that religious people needed for HSex to be a choice in order to justify discrimination. My answer was to battle this false accusation and is consistent, each family should draw there own moral lines and public institutions should stay out of that business, because invariably someone will charge discrimination. Advocates on this site want governmental intrusion in this arena because they feel that they have been discriminated against and therefore welcome added protections, besides public institutional power is currently on there side. However as you have shown so unwittingly, that everyone has their own moral sensibilities and therefore society is open to divisions at every turn. Given this, where should governmental institutions draw their lines while maintaining equal protection? They cannot and should not. All this to say that a personal moral line is not equal to discrimination.
    Your error is the same error that many on your side of the issue make. You confuse morals with information. Here is information: homosexuality is a normal variant of sexual orientation. If you want to promote the opposite, you are promoting morals which have no place in public schools. Here is morals: homosexuality is a good sexual orientation to have. Promoting this or the opposite promotes morals and values and has no place in public education. What you have done is what most who argue on your side of the issue do: confuse morals and information, most likely because you don't like the information. I'm glad I could clear this up for you.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #1252
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Incorrect. I demonstrated that your complaints about textbooks including advancements from ANY minority group is nothing new. This does not indicate intention to indoctrinate. Therefore, you have failed and need to prove intentions to indoctrinate with reliable sources.

    Go.



    Actually it doesn't since we are discussing homosexuality not transsexuality. Do try to stick to the topic.



    No, we see it with minority groups that tend to continue to have discrimination towards them. Not a moral issue, an informational issue. Your point is, once again, invalidated.



    Good. And your perception is irrelevant to facts.



    Actually, it proves your point wrong... and if you believe it's discriminatory, then you do not understand what I said. But let's see if you can demonstrate how what I said is discriminatory. Now, remember... we are focusing on presenting facts. How is presenting information, regardless of whether that information violates the sensibilities of some, discriminatory.



    No, it is as I said. Has nothing do to with homosexuality. Your red herring CONTINUES to render your position invalid.



    No, I've been involved in the thread since the beginning. Though I haven't posted the entire time, I've read it.



    Your error is the same error that many on your side of the issue make. You confuse morals with information. Here is information: homosexuality is a normal variant of sexual orientation. If you want to promote the opposite, you are promoting morals which have no place in public schools. Here is morals: homosexuality is a good sexual orientation to have. Promoting this or the opposite promotes morals and values and has no place in public education. What you have done is what most who argue on your side of the issue do: confuse morals and information, most likely because you don't like the information. I'm glad I could clear this up for you.
    I couldn't make my points any more clear, so as for you and in summary your moral sensibilities are right and anyone who opposes your view is not only wrong they are bigots. I see.

  3. #1253
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    To those of you who voted "Yes" that it is a choice to be gay - homosexual, I have one question.

    When did you choose to be straight - heterosexual?

    If choosing your sexual orientation is a choice then being heterosexual is a choice. In my case, there was no choosing, heterosexuality was natural for me...no decisions needed. If you had to choose to be heterosexual, was it a hard decision? Did you have to experiment to help you make your decision? Please inform us on how you made your decision, what were the factors in leading you to your decision.
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  4. #1254
    Advisor Nynaeve Meara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Malkier
    Last Seen
    11-05-13 @ 04:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    325

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    I guess I can't understand inconsistent rhetoric either. End.
    A sexual act is and should always be a choice between two people.

    Being attracted to someone sexually is not a choice.

    There is nothing inconsistent about it, you just refuse to understand the difference.
    "I can't abide women who poke their noses into other people's business."
    “Men are strange. I think it has something to do with the hair on their chins.”

  5. #1255
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nynaeve Meara View Post
    A sexual act is and should always be a choice between two people.

    Being attracted to someone sexually is not a choice.

    There is nothing inconsistent about it, you just refuse to understand the difference.
    I think you know very little about attraction, habit formation, and how emotional states are attended to and strengthened.
    Last edited by johndylan1; 09-22-13 at 05:02 PM.

  6. #1256
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Imnukingfutz View Post
    To those of you who voted "Yes" that it is a choice to be gay - homosexual, I have one question.

    When did you choose to be straight - heterosexual?

    If choosing your sexual orientation is a choice then being heterosexual is a choice. In my case, there was no choosing, heterosexuality was natural for me...no decisions needed. If you had to choose to be heterosexual, was it a hard decision? Did you have to experiment to help you make your decision? Please inform us on how you made your decision, what were the factors in leading you to your decision.
    I say "Learned behavior" and that is not equivalent to making a conscious choice.

  7. #1257
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,815

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Imnukingfutz View Post
    To those of you who voted "Yes" that it is a choice to be gay - homosexual, I have one question.

    When did you choose to be straight - heterosexual?

    If choosing your sexual orientation is a choice then being heterosexual is a choice. In my case, there was no choosing, heterosexuality was natural for me...no decisions needed. If you had to choose to be heterosexual, was it a hard decision? Did you have to experiment to help you make your decision? Please inform us on how you made your decision, what were the factors in leading you to your decision.
    those people that said yes are clueless about this topic

    also the poll should be public id bet large money that its not 42 true votes.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1258
    Advisor Nynaeve Meara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Malkier
    Last Seen
    11-05-13 @ 04:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    325

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    I think you know very little about attraction, habit formation, and how emotional states are attended to and strengthened.
    I don't think you understand how attraction works in human sexuality. Habit formation has nothing to do with sexual attraction; you can fake it all you want but that isn't real attraction.
    "I can't abide women who poke their noses into other people's business."
    “Men are strange. I think it has something to do with the hair on their chins.”

  9. #1259
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nynaeve Meara View Post
    I don't think you understand how attraction works in human sexuality. Habit formation has nothing to do with sexual attraction; you can fake it all you want but that isn't real attraction.
    I don't think anyone knows for certain what is at the base of sexual attraction. We do know that certain aspects of attraction are learned behavior, we also know that attractions are intensified in a developmental process. Other than that It's uncertain.

  10. #1260
    Advisor Nynaeve Meara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Malkier
    Last Seen
    11-05-13 @ 04:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    325

    Re: Is Homosexuality A Choice?

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    I don't think anyone knows for certain what is at the base of sexual attraction. We do know that certain aspects of attraction are learned behavior, we also know that attractions are intensified in a developmental process. Other than that It's uncertain.
    No they aren't and no they do not. Which is not the same as sexual acts of choice which is what you were referring too.
    "I can't abide women who poke their noses into other people's business."
    “Men are strange. I think it has something to do with the hair on their chins.”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •