To address directly the Idea of a natural (uncontrollable) attraction to the same sex, and how learned behavior can coexist. I would say that reproduction is not the base instinct, but sex is. Most if not all will have a base instinct to engage in sexual activity, but that is not limited to a particular object or set of objects of sexual interest. Those interests are developed, and I would suggest they become entrenched within the psyche at times of rapid neurological development and subsequent neurological pruning, leaving one feeling as if it is their natural state. Neurological development and plasticity is a very interesting topic with regard to human behavior, and this is the core of learned behavior.
"All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell [the bible] teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society." Rep. Paul Broun (R)
1. Opposing opinions are not equal to hate.
2. Moral fault and voluntary action (choice) is not the same thing.
3. Are all sexual predilections equally ok and beyond choice, or is it just the behavior that is being advocated for as being the new norm?
2. There is nothing immoral about homosexuality other than certain out dated control devices, ie religion
3. No not all are ok, we as a society have deemed consensual sexual choices as favourable and the laws of the land reflect this.
"I can't abide women who poke their noses into other people's business."
“Men are strange. I think it has something to do with the hair on their chins.”
2. Morality to the nonreligious is relative, but to the religious it is not. Fortunately freedom of religion is enshrined in our constitution and is practiced by a large majority that does not view it as outdated nor as a control device.
3. If the decision on what is acceptable sexual behavior is based on societal norms as you have stated, and not on how one is born or predisposed, then you have agreed with those who say it is a moral choice.
Last edited by johndylan1; 09-14-13 at 11:33 AM.