View Poll Results: Does the Full Faith and Credit Clause mean that an Anti-SSM state must recognize a SS

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is unconstitutional for a state to withhold recognition of a SSM as per the FFaC clause

    16 50.00%
  • No, it is not unconstitutional for a state to withhold recognition of a SSM as per the FFaC clause

    7 21.88%
  • Other/Don't know

    9 28.13%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 136

Thread: SSM and the Full Faith and Credit Clause

  1. #111
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: SSM and the Full Faith and Credit Clause

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    no you gave me your opinion of some things you think that happen and none of them relate to SSM nor where they unlawful.

    if you disagree please say what they are again because the examples in post 75 were complete failures

    1.) homosexual relationships will be taught in schools nothing to do with SSM, government or breaking the law
    2.) religious people if in business will be force to pay benefits to SS couples. This is true for all employees regardless of SSM and is government protecting rights. People cant unfairly discriminate
    then i will ask you simply.......WHERE IS THE POWER .....AS YOU SAY TO APPLY FORCE..........ITS NOT IN THE LAW OF THE CONSTITUTION AT ALL!

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: SSM and the Full Faith and Credit Clause

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    really how?

    how can government take my tax money and use it against me.

    can government take conservatives or liberals money, and make anti conservative or anti-liberal propaganda....no

    can it take people of faiths money and make anti religious works, no it has no authority

    one thing governments dont have .........is any social duties involving the personal life's of the people..none.

    although you all believe the what government has created over the last 150 to be legal it not according to our constitutions.

    why dont people read their constitution and what the founders say about it?
    Satanists may teach their children that rape cures aids, but a school will tell them the truth with the their tax money. I am fine with that.

  3. #113
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: SSM and the Full Faith and Credit Clause

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Satanists may teach their children that rape cures aids, but a school will tell them the truth with the their tax money. I am fine with that.
    government is not in the business of morality or faith, or into the personal lifes of the people......the authority is not there

  4. #114
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: SSM and the Full Faith and Credit Clause

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Sorry I'm not following. What do you mean "create more things concerning it" ?
    well, after Mass pass a law making SSM legal then also CA, i was not long before they introduced SSM relationships into the schools above the objections of parents.

    to which those parents stated, if you going to teach such a thing to students, then we have a right to object and have our tax money back, so we can chose another school for our children.

    to which the states said ...no ...your child will go to this school and we will teach your child whatever we wish to teach........this is unconstitutional

    .

  5. #115
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: SSM and the Full Faith and Credit Clause

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    then i will ask you simply.......WHERE IS THE POWER .....AS YOU SAY TO APPLY FORCE..........ITS NOT IN THE LAW OF THE CONSTITUTION AT ALL!
    translation you have nothing, you are talking meaningless made up fantasy circles

    what POWER are you talkgin about?

    teaching that gays exists in school isnt a POWER, nor is it the government nor does it have anything to do withh SSM, you fail
    i didnt say apply force, i quoted what YOU wrote lmao, what i said is the government protects peoples rights and doesnt allow you to discriminate against them unfairly and again this has nothgin to so with SSM.

    are you sure you are in the right thread, you seem lost
    "
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #116
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: SSM and the Full Faith and Credit Clause

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation you have nothing, you are talking meaningless made up fantasy circles

    what POWER are you talkgin about?

    teaching that gays exists in school isnt a POWER, nor is it the government nor does it have anything to do withh SSM, you fail
    i didnt say apply force, i quoted what YOU wrote lmao, what i said is the government protects peoples rights and doesnt allow you to discriminate against them unfairly and again this has nothgin to so with SSM.

    are you sure you are in the right thread, you seem lost
    "
    authority ......is what gives governments their power, where in constitutions does it delegate any power to government... into peoples personal life's, where does it give them power in areas of moral behavior, where does it give them authority to violate the property rights of the people.....it does not, property rights are rights unalienable to the people, how can government makes laws, which violate that right..... if no crime or health or safety issue is involved.

    property rights are violated when government forces people do do things, even though no crime or health or safety issue is not part of the equation.

    when you read constitutions it tells you in it, whats powers government has, and government has none of these powers of force.

  7. #117
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: SSM and the Full Faith and Credit Clause

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    authority ......is what gives governments their power, where in constitutions does it delegate any power to government... into peoples personal life's, where does it give them power in areas of moral behavior, where does it give them authority to violate the property rights of the people.....it does not, property rights are rights unalienable to the people, how can government makes laws, which violate that right..... if no crime or health or safety issue is involved.

    property rights are violated when government forces people do do things, even though no crime or health or safety issue is not part of the equation.

    when you read constitutions it tells you in it, whats powers government has, and government has none of these powers of force.
    good grief again nothing here about SSM, when your down with strawmen and off topic hyperbolic rants let me know when you want to talk about SSM, why is it so hard for you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #118
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: SSM and the Full Faith and Credit Clause

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    good grief again nothing here about SSM, when your down with strawmen and off topic hyperbolic rants let me know when you want to talk about SSM, why is it so hard for you
    did you not talk of power, and i explained power to you!

    can you answer a question for me, where in your state constitution does it give government the authority or federal authority over a person, if he has committed no crime, of something which could be dangerous to other people.

    can you supply that please to me.

  9. #119
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: SSM and the Full Faith and Credit Clause

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    did you not talk of power, and i explained power to you!
    no i was VERY specific i asked what power you were talking about with regards to teaching the reality in school that gays exists, that has nothign to do with government power or government in general or SSM

    see things for further sheding light on my point. ONE thing is posted and you debate a million other things that are in your head and not in reality or part of the discussion
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #120
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: SSM and the Full Faith and Credit Clause

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    no i was VERY specific i asked what power you were talking about with regards to teaching the reality in school that gays exists, that has nothign to do with government power or government in general or SSM

    see things for further sheding light on my point. ONE thing is posted and you debate a million other things that are in your head and not in reality or part of the discussion
    well you stated also government has not violated rights, and that false we know they have.

    where does government have the authority to mandate you go to a school and then force you to learn things which are something your faith finds to be wrong?

    where is goverment authority to dictate to a property owner of a business what he must pay and to who, where is that authority, under the constitution a person has rights, a government has powers, rights come before powers do, becuase government primary job is to secure rights....yet it rolls over them

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •