View Poll Results: Should reciprication of permits be mandatory?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Constitutionally, yes

    12 46.15%
  • Constitutionally, no

    7 26.92%
  • Personally, yes

    15 57.69%
  • Personally, no

    3 11.54%
  • Other

    3 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 143

Thread: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

  1. #11
    Wee Nyeff
    GottaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the now
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 02:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,311

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Fortunately, all the states around me have reciprocity.

    I don't usually travel by vehicle further than that, and on the rare occasion when I do, it goes in the bottom of the locked truck bin.

    I have to agree with Gipper on this, if you have a CCW in your home state, in should be accepted in any state you are traveling through.
    Building block or stumbling block.... choose.

  2. #12
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,650

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    prefer?

    sorry i didnt mean to suggest i prefer either or
    I prefer that our constitutional rights do not become downgraded to mere privileges simply because a majority in any state wishes to place conditions (tests, fees and permits) upon retaining (regaining?) them. While it may indeed be a "very good idea" to require that one understand the safe handling of firearms and know the laws concerning their use, that appears nowhere within the 2A as it plainly states that "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". To demand that one take a class, pass a test, pay a fee or that one provide the state a "good reason" to carry a handgun is insane - imagine the outrage if these same "reasonable restrictions" were applied for the right to vote, speak or have an attorney present during police questioning.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #13
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    I live in the worst state in the country when it comes down to CCW permits, and I think that my state (and all others) should be expected to recognize the other state's CCW permits.

    However, I also think that my state should be allowed to NOT issue CCW permits (even though I think they should issue CCW permits, if that makes any sense to people).
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I live in the worst state in the country when it comes down to CCW permits, and I think that my state (and all others) should be expected to recognize the other state's CCW permits.

    However, I also think that my state should be allowed to NOT issue CCW permits (even though I think they should issue CCW permits, if that makes any sense to people).
    I don't know about that. I think my state is about to get MUCH worse with the election of Ed Markey to John Kerry's senate seat.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I live in the worst state in the country when it comes down to CCW permits, and I think that my state (and all others) should be expected to recognize the other state's CCW permits.

    However, I also think that my state should be allowed to NOT issue CCW permits (even though I think they should issue CCW permits, if that makes any sense to people).
    I don't mind if a state doesn't want to issue CCW permits, as long as non-residents aren't required to observe those laws.

    States should have some ways to differentiate themselves, as to attract certain types of people that share the overall viewpoints of that state. For instance, I'd never live in New York or Massachusetts - ever. Ever. Ever ever ever. The liberalism that exists there is well beyond the realm of stupidity. I'm sure there are states where liberals would never dare to tread as well. I imagine that I'm living in one of them.

  6. #16
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I don't know about that. I think my state is about to get MUCH worse with the election of Ed Markey to John Kerry's senate seat.
    Illinois is solidly the worst in the country.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #17
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I don't mind if a state doesn't want to issue CCW permits, as long as non-residents aren't required to observe those laws.

    States should have some ways to differentiate themselves, as to attract certain types of people that share the overall viewpoints of that state. For instance, I'd never live in New York or Massachusetts - ever. Ever. Ever ever ever. The liberalism that exists there is well beyond the realm of stupidity. I'm sure there are states where liberals would never dare to tread as well. I imagine that I'm living in one of them.
    I don't mind living in Liberalland because we've got great pizza and the Bears.

    Otherwise I agree with you 100%
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I don't mind living in Liberalland because we've got great pizza and the Bears.

    Otherwise I agree with you 100%
    There's a Papa John's two towns over from here.

  9. #19
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    There's a Papa John's two towns over from here.
    I'm so sorry that you've been subjected to that injustice. If you want, I can mail you some real pizza.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #20
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,816

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I prefer that our constitutional rights do not become downgraded to mere privileges simply because a majority in any state wishes to place conditions (tests, fees and permits) upon retaining (regaining?) them. While it may indeed be a "very good idea" to require that one understand the safe handling of firearms and know the laws concerning their use, that appears nowhere within the 2A as it plainly states that "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". To demand that one take a class, pass a test, pay a fee or that one provide the state a "good reason" to carry a handgun is insane - imagine the outrage if these same "reasonable restrictions" were applied for the right to vote, speak or have an attorney present during police questioning.
    well i agree in general

    this is why i think open carry should be legal in every state but im ok with conceal weapons permits as long as they arent restrictive
    i was cleared to buy a handgun many years ago and it took 15 mins, im sure its faster now
    my concealed weapons permit took about 10-14days if i remember right.

    as far as fees, mine is 25$ and im ok with that only because where does it stop? free guns?
    now if a person could prove hardship then fine give it out free

    as for classes? i would also be ok with this AS LONG as it wasnt a necessity. Meaning if you have to take the clasess within a year or two or something like that and they were also dirt cheap or free but did not STOP you from obtaining your gun.

    While i get your reference to voting rights in reality those arent quite the same.

    Basically i guess what im saying is im ok with permits, fees and classes IF they dont actually stop me from getting a gun. if i can still get one with a quick background check im ok with it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •