View Poll Results: Should reciprication of permits be mandatory?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Constitutionally, yes

    12 46.15%
  • Constitutionally, no

    7 26.92%
  • Personally, yes

    15 57.69%
  • Personally, no

    3 11.54%
  • Other

    3 11.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 143

Thread: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

  1. #111
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    Man oh man, had no idea. I am just going by the states that do not recognize the Florida CCW license: California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, New York City, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Virgin Islands, Washington, Wisconsin, American Samoa, Illinois, N. Mariana Islands. Only 22 of them, And Guam, Puerto Rico, American Samoa and the Virgin Islands I don't care about anyway. but I still stay out of the other 18.
    I'm a native Florida cracker.

    I love Florida and it's laws.

    I've walked into the bank wearing a 44 on my hip. Forgot to take it off. It feels so natural and I'm so accustomed to it.

    But that's open carry.
    I like Florida's "Shall issue" law on CCW. Also, "stand your ground"

    Florida is a GREAT state!

    Come visit!

    but leave things the way you find them.

    Isn't that the rule for campers and hikers in state and national parks?

    It's a good rule when visiting other peoples states, too.
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  2. #112
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    I see no reason why any state concealed carry permit should be treated any different than a state Drivers License.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  3. #113
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    I'm a native Florida cracker.

    I love Florida and it's laws.

    I've walked into the bank wearing a 44 on my hip. Forgot to take it off. It feels so natural and I'm so accustomed to it.

    But that's open carry.
    I like Florida's "Shall issue" law on CCW. Also, "stand your ground"

    Florida is a GREAT state!

    Come visit!

    but leave things the way you find them.

    Isn't that the rule for campers and hikers in state and national parks?

    It's a good rule when visiting other peoples states, too.
    Florida has no open carry? I've lived here in Florida for the last 7 years, since I retired.

    Thanks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #114
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    Florida has no open carry? I've lived here in Florida for the last 7 years, since I retired.

    Thanks though.
    Summary
    Florida is not a traditional open carry state.
    Open Carry is lawful while engaged in, or going directly to and from, lawful Target Shooting, Hunting, Fishing, and Camping expeditions. FL Statutes 790.35(3)(h), (j), and (k)

    Florida | OpenCarry.org

    It was certainly an oversight/error on my part to enter the bank and stand in line wearing a holstered pistol.

    the guard kept a watchful eye on me, which clued me to look down and see I was armed, as I wasn't consciously aware of being armed.
    However, nobody said ANYTHING, or complained!
    It was apparently in the mind of everyone in the bank, that I was not a "danger", and while not "normal", not a cause for alarm.

    I love Florida.
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  5. #115
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    Summary
    Florida is not a traditional open carry state.
    Open Carry is lawful while engaged in, or going directly to and from, lawful Target Shooting, Hunting, Fishing, and Camping expeditions. FL Statutes 790.35(3)(h), (j), and (k)

    Florida | OpenCarry.org

    It was certainly an oversight/error on my part to enter the bank and stand in line wearing a holstered pistol.

    the guard kept a watchful eye on me, which clued me to look down and see I was armed, as I wasn't consciously aware of being armed.
    However, nobody said ANYTHING, or complained!
    It was apparently in the mind of everyone in the bank, that I was not a "danger", and while not "normal", not a cause for alarm.

    I love Florida.
    Section 790.35 does not exist in Florida law. I can't find anything on it anywhere. The link your site points to is dead. Open carry is banned in Florida, period. No exceptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #116
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    Section 790.35 does not exist in Florida law. I can't find anything on it anywhere. The link your site points to is dead. Open carry is banned in Florida, period. No exceptions.
    Sorry about the dead link.

    this one works and says same thing (almost).

    790.25 Lawful ownership, possession, and use of firearms and other weapons.—


    (g) Regularly enrolled members of any organization duly authorized to purchase or receive weapons from the United States or from this state, or regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for target, skeet, or trap shooting, while at or going to or from shooting practice; or regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for modern or antique firearms collecting, while such members are at or going to or from their collectors’ gun shows, conventions, or exhibits;
    (h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;
    (i) A person engaged in the business of manufacturing, repairing, or dealing in firearms, or the agent or representative of any such person while engaged in the lawful course of such business;
    (j) A person firing weapons for testing or target practice under safe conditions and in a safe place not prohibited by law or going to or from such place;
    (k) A person firing weapons in a safe and secure indoor range for testing and target practice;
    (l) A person traveling by private conveyance when the weapon is securely encased or in a public conveyance when the weapon is securely encased and not in the person’s manual possession;
    (m) A person while carrying a pistol unloaded and in a secure wrapper, concealed or otherwise, from the place of purchase to his or her home or place of business or to a place of repair or back to his or her home or place of business;
    (n) A person possessing arms at his or her home or place of business;

    Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  7. #117
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,529

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    Sorry about the dead link.

    this one works and says same thing (almost).

    790.25 Lawful ownership, possession, and use of firearms and other weapons.—


    (g) Regularly enrolled members of any organization duly authorized to purchase or receive weapons from the United States or from this state, or regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for target, skeet, or trap shooting, while at or going to or from shooting practice; or regularly enrolled members of clubs organized for modern or antique firearms collecting, while such members are at or going to or from their collectors’ gun shows, conventions, or exhibits;
    (h) A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition;
    (i) A person engaged in the business of manufacturing, repairing, or dealing in firearms, or the agent or representative of any such person while engaged in the lawful course of such business;
    (j) A person firing weapons for testing or target practice under safe conditions and in a safe place not prohibited by law or going to or from such place;
    (k) A person firing weapons in a safe and secure indoor range for testing and target practice;
    (l) A person traveling by private conveyance when the weapon is securely encased or in a public conveyance when the weapon is securely encased and not in the person’s manual possession;
    (m) A person while carrying a pistol unloaded and in a secure wrapper, concealed or otherwise, from the place of purchase to his or her home or place of business or to a place of repair or back to his or her home or place of business;
    (n) A person possessing arms at his or her home or place of business;

    Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
    None of that allows open carry. I am not saying you did not walk into a bank, lol. I am saying open carry is illegal and banned in the state of Florida. They are however still fighting it in court.

    790.053 Open carrying of weapons.—
    (1) Except as otherwise provided by law and in subsection (2), it is unlawful for any person to openly carry on or about his or her person any firearm or electric weapon or device. It is not a violation of this section for a person licensed to carry a concealed firearm as provided in s. 790.06(1), and who is lawfully carrying a firearm in a concealed manner, to briefly and openly display the firearm to the ordinary sight of another person, unless the firearm is intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner, not in necessary self-defense.
    (2) A person may openly carry, for purposes of lawful self-defense:
    (a) A self-defense chemical spray.
    (b) A nonlethal stun gun or dart-firing stun gun or other nonlethal electric weapon or device that is designed solely for defensive purposes.
    (3) Any person violating this section commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
    History.—s. 1, ch. 87-537; s. 173, ch. 91-224; s. 3, ch. 97-72; s. 1205, ch. 97-102; s. 3, ch. 2006-298; s. 1, ch. 2011-145.
    - Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I don't think so. I think the state police here are sick of this CCL BS. 99 out of 102 counties voted for a wing-nut for governor in 2010, mainly because our governor promised to raise the income tax, which he did.
    Your overall tax burden is already extreme IMHO especially when living around Chicago

  9. #119
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Massachusetts doesn't recognize any out of state permits, and in a lot of cities a permit will only be issued at the discretion of the Chief of Police.
    Illinois doesn't either. And we don't issue any in-state permits. So, yeah.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #120
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Concealled Carry Permits and state borders

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You should have to demonstrate a need to have a no-gun sign posted on a place open to the public. No-gun signs are exactly the same as 'whites only' signs.
    What about private property rights?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •